U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 08:26 AM

15 posts, read 38,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Nothing that really sets it apart from a home cooked burger really.
Of course In 'n Out is not the BEST burger ever... we are just talking about fast food burgers. I make a mean burger at home and like most things... it is always better when it is homemade.

What we are trying to say is that is sure beats McDonalds... Burger King... ect. When you need a quick burger pick me up it does the job without being greasy and sloppy.

Plain and simple!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 05:35 PM

1,570 posts, read 4,337,706 times
It might get longer, with pub like this:

America's Best Burgers, Part II - MSN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline View Post
I like Red Mill quite a bit, but don't go there b/c the line is long enough already.

Old 10-01-2009, 07:29 PM

8,329 posts, read 14,847,588 times
The Red Mill on Dravus ( Interbay/Magnolia) is less crowded than the one on Phinney. Like Yogi Berra said " Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."

Old 10-03-2009, 11:04 AM

474 posts, read 1,221,797 times
Mmmmmmm. Tried the Burgermaster in Bellevue last night. Onions rings were decent but not Red Mill level. It felt like I've had those onion rings somewhere else before whereas the Red Mill ones are unique. Burger was decent too. The rootbeer shake was better than the Red Mill one. Red Mill rootbeer shake tasted like a regular vanilla shake whereas the Burgermaster one had I'm guessing more rootbeer syrup in it if such a thing exists. Still not the best rootbeer shake I've had but not too shabby.

Anyone try a burger at the Pumphouse in Bellevue? We used to go there every now and then but can't as much now because of having a child but we can still takeout. Decent burgers too.

Old 10-03-2009, 11:05 AM

474 posts, read 1,221,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
The Red Mill on Dravus ( Interbay/Magnolia) is less crowded than the one on Phinney. Like Yogi Berra said " Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."
How is the parking situation at the Dravus location? I've only been to the Phinney one and while the lot is usually full, the streets provide ample parking.

Old 10-03-2009, 01:58 PM

8,329 posts, read 14,847,588 times
They've got a usually full small lot but plenty of nearby street parking at the Dravus Red Mill.

Old 10-03-2009, 08:57 PM

5,012 posts, read 6,526,083 times
In-n-Out I enjoyed, and I found them and Dick's to be about the same. I also don't understand the concept of "secret combinations" that they have. Basically, if I ask for a double-double "animal style" they'll put on a ton of lettuce, onion, pickle, tomato, and 1000 island dressing. Or something like that. But they don't list that option, it's one of the "secret" options you have to ask around (or just ask the cashier). At least with Dick's it's straightforward.

However, if I were to choose a company to invest in, it would be In-n-Out because some of the new management have expansion tones. I went to their store in Phoenix a few times when I went there on business. It's a "better than McDonald's but not too much better" alternative to McD's.

On the religion note ... I wonder, Chick-fil-A is also run by religious zealots - none of their drive ins are open on Sunday, and their family is very devoutly Mormon.

Old 10-03-2009, 11:46 PM

52 posts, read 121,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
In-n-Out I enjoyed, and I found them and Dick's to be about the same. I also don't understand the concept of "secret combinations" that they have. Basically, if I ask for a double-double "animal style" they'll put on a ton of lettuce, onion, pickle, tomato, and 1000 island dressing. Or something like that. But they don't list that option, it's one of the "secret" options you have to ask around (or just ask the cashier). At least with Dick's it's straightforward.

However, if I were to choose a company to invest in, it would be In-n-Out because some of the new management have expansion tones. I went to their store in Phoenix a few times when I went there on business. It's a "better than McDonald's but not too much better" alternative to McD's.

On the religion note ... I wonder, Chick-fil-A is also run by religious zealots - none of their drive ins are open on Sunday, and their family is very devoutly Mormon.
No, it's not owned by Mormons.

Old 10-04-2009, 12:13 AM

5,601 posts, read 12,661,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicazi View Post
No, it's not owned by Mormons.
...agreed, the family is Southern Baptist, I believe.

Old 10-04-2009, 12:45 PM

5,012 posts, read 6,526,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco22 View Post
...agreed, the family is Southern Baptist, I believe.
*shrugs*

All I remember is when I visited Phoenix and discovered Chik-fil-A I was like "wow, this is actually decent." Then I tried to go on a Sunday after work (ugh) and much to my dismay they were closed.

Oh well. The local In-n-Out wasn't complaining ... all the customer who would have gone to Chik-fil-A went there instead.

Another thing I noticed while I was down there ... the people weren't as fat in general. I mean, yes, there were obese people around but it seemed like for as often as some of them went to eat out, they didn't get fat. I had no idea how they did it either because partly I was there in the summer when all you could do outside is sweat and get sunstroke, except between 11 PM and 6 AM.

Maybe the sun baked it all off xD ... anyway, that's my little "wtf is Eskercurve thinking" sidebar. This thread is almost off-topic ... sorry!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area