Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2009, 02:26 PM

64 posts, read 148,864 times

Advertisements

We are traveling from texas to Seattle in two weeks for a quick trip and we are a little bit lost. We are planing to stay in Seattle two nights and then drive to vancuver.
We are looking for a place (hostel or hotel) (affordable!!) to stay near to tourist attractions in seattle. Can you please tell us best locations for best photos? like in a hill with seattle downtown at the bottom...
Where do you recommend us to to go and see?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 03:05 PM

129 posts, read 388,520 times
i think the ideal view you are looking for would be at Kerry Park

Kerry Park (Seattle) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not sure of hotels nearby, but it should be pretty easy to get to

Last edited by specificnorthwest; 10-02-2009 at 03:07 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 10-02-2009, 05:30 PM

thats the one i was looking for! thanks a lot specificnorthwest. Any other ideas?

Old 10-02-2009, 07:01 PM

854 posts, read 4,140,829 times
Go and see Pike Place Market, of course. I like it best early in the day, most of it's open by 9am from what I can tell. And it's free to wander around.

I also like the waterfront, though it is noisy with a major viaduct overhead. We go to feed the seagulls at Ivar's on one of the piers, though the food is not as good as it was recently. Might be a nice place to stop for a break with some fries and a drink - the birds will snatch fries from your fingers if you offer them. You can spend one long day walking around Seattle and doing both the market and the waterfront, if you like to walk.

The Duck tour is fun, but not free. You can go see the space needle -- if it's a very clear day, the view from the top is worth the trip -- and there's some interesting buildings in that area.

You can drive up I-90 into the mountains to Snoqualmie Pass, if you have a car and want to see nature a bit. There are some wineries and a brewery on the east side of Lake Washington.

What kinds of things are you interested in? There's nature stuff, tech stuff, sohpisticated stuff, etc.

Old 10-07-2009, 02:56 PM

217 posts, read 561,643 times
Where to stay?
I always recommend visitors stay at Days Inn, La Quinta, 8th Ave Inn or Best Western (Loyal inn).
Nothing fancy, no frills but they're clean, roomy, safe and fairly priced.
You'll find these places near each other, between downtown and the Space Needle.

Old 10-12-2009, 05:12 PM

84 posts, read 243,785 times
The Fremont Troll is always a good photo op.

I tell everyone to go check out the Ballard Locks, fascinating stuff.

There are a couple hostels. The Tortoise is downtown by the Pike Place Market, and Hostel Seattle is in Ballard, close to Shilshole Bay and Golden Gardens park.

You may want to consider a B&B. They are available fairly cheap.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:07 AM

sorry wrong post! I talked for ages of my trip to Vegas.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:17 PM

7,301 posts, read 13,513,021 times
The Moore Hotel is among the best values in Seattle. It's right downtown and you can get a nice private room with a sink (but a dorm-style bathroom down the hall) for about $60. When I lived in Seattle this is where I recommended for cash-strapped friends.

This hostel is right near Pike Place Market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area