U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-02-2009, 09:21 PM

13 posts, read 25,282 times
Default Cairo, Egypt to Seattle, WA....looking for job opportunities & PsyD Programs

Hello,
I am an American student studying in Cairo, Egypt. I am originally from Syracuse, NY and I hate the sun so I think the weather would be no problem for me and my friend as well because she is originally from London, England. We are thinking about moving to Seattle, WA after I graduate from university in June 2009.

I was wondering what the job opportunities are like there. I have searched online and found that a lot of the jobs are techy-like stuff. I will have a BA in psychology and a BA in political science. I have no plan to continue studies right after university. I would also be interested in translation jobs as I speak English, Egyptian colloquial Arabic, and Spanish.

I am also looking for prestigous PsyD programs in Seattle area because my friend from Egypt is moving with me and she wishes to get a PsyD in Seattle.

Also, I am wondering about the Latino and Arabic populations in the area is any of you know about them. My friend and I mainly speak Arabic (Egyptian colloquial) at home and would be looking for others who do as well.
Sorry it's so long........Any help in any of these areas would be a godsend.

Thank you!
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 10:34 PM

303 posts, read 537,549 times
Default Lynwood

Lynnwood has a large Arab population. There is also a Coptic Church and community in Lynwood. There are also Muslim population in Bellevue. I can get you in touch with both communities. There are numerous programs in the Seattle areas for a DPsy studies, Antioch University, Seattle Pacific, and the UW are some. She may have to contact the Psychological association (Seattle chapter) for more specific and areas of specialization.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:05 AM

13 posts, read 25,282 times
thank you so much for your reply. my plans are not finalized as of yet since i have yet to graduate. i will definitely take u up on your offer when i am moving there for sure. again, thank you for your help it was greatly appreciated

Old 10-09-2009, 04:37 PM

303 posts, read 537,549 times
Default looking forward

I am looking forward to meeting you. Good luck ob your graduation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area