U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 07:12 AM

1 posts, read 610 times
I live in the NOVA (northern Virginia area) I hope to move to Seattle. My occupational field of interest is in IT. How is the market there. I LOVE salmon and fruit so my diet would definitely improve there. And is it REALLY that rainy. I hear different opinions. I think Seattle is one of the most beautiful cities in the US. I have seen many
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2009, 09:32 AM

1,938 posts, read 3,601,566 times
Things I love about Seattle that I recommend for tourists November/December:

Pike Place Market (eat lunch or dinner at The Steelhead Diner)
The Waterfront and Olympic Sculpture Park (grab fish and chips or chowder at Ivars for a cheaper eat at a Seattle institution)
Alki Beach in West Seattle (means you HAVE to go to Bakery Noveau)
Whidbey Island or Bainbridge Island (take a ferry ride and see island charm right near Seattle, I prefer Whidbey but faster to get to Bainbridge from downtown...the point is the ferry ride and the view of Seattle from the water)
Seattle Center (Experience Music is cool if you are into that, Space Needle is there too, grab pizza at Zeeks nearby)
Take in the view from Kerry Park in Queen Anne (head up to Queen Anne Ave North & Boston St and grab some good Pan Asian at Chinoise Cafe or down low to Pesos for great Tex Mex)
If the weather is remotely nice, it's fun to take in the view from Gasworks Park on Lake Union and watch the sea planes land. A good place to rent kayaks if it is not freezing is Aqua Verde near UW. They also have great fish tacos and you can check out the UW campus and nearby University Village Shopping Mall which is cool.

Cool areas of town to visit - Ballard (lots of nightlife, restaurants, bars), Queen Anne (similar but slightly different tone), Greenlake (beautiful park and area...might give her a feel of what life would be like in Seattle down the road with kids ), Magnolia (go to Maggie Bluffs and have lunch to get a feel for the marine community in Seattle...plus the view is great!)

A lot of my friends have enjoyed the coffee tours, the Underground Tour and some of the foodie tours that leave from downtown. If you are coming in December, you could check out Argosy's Christmas Ships tour.

I could go on and on. PLEASE have her dress in layers and bring really good waterproof clothing and good shoes with a good rubber (waterproof) sole. Seattle is miserable that time of year near the water if you are not properly outfitted! Wonderful if you are. Have a great visit!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area