Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 09:12 AM

522 posts, read 2,626,270 times

Advertisements

Any insight would be great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2006, 11:44 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,253,485 times
Two of my co-workers live there. They love it. It is a pricey community, but if you can afford it, it is definitely one of the nicer Seattle suburbs.

Old 07-22-2006, 11:46 AM

5,595 posts, read 19,044,161 times
Bad place ...as far as traffic goes!

(seriously, stay away from downtown Issaquah if you don't like congestion. People who live there will know what I'm saying.)

--'rocco

Old 07-23-2006, 11:04 AM

534 posts, read 3,110,780 times
pros: schools, low crime
cons: traffic, housing costs

If you have the money, a good place to live.

When I lived in Issaquah, there was a lot of noise about them putting a highway through the area (that seemed to get people pretty upset) but I haven't heard much about in the news lately.

This is the 'real issaquah' I'm talking about, not the highlands which should be considered a separate city in it's own (where most of the new homes are).

I moved away from the area because I didn't like the 'vibe' that area was heading in (in other words I didn't want to raise my kids there). Most people won't be bothered by this though.

Old 07-28-2006, 08:34 PM

5 posts, read 82,445 times
It has good and bad points, like anyplace else. Real estate is a tad lower than in Seattle. There is a very charming downtown area with a good local bus system. There are some good restaurants and a fabulous new library, and several nearby shopping malls--some chic, some chain-store. If you are into natural food and organic living, the area supports it well.

Outside town you can rent or buy bigger places on acreage--again, much pricier than it was just five years ago, but still cheaper than Seattle.

The downside is that becuase of the high-tech companies that have moved in, the area is supporting far more people than the infrastructure can handle. As a result, traffic in town is hellaceous, and there is some friction between longtime residents and Microsoftees.

The town is pretty and the view of the mountains wonderful; it is somewhat hotter in summer and a good deal colder in winter than in Seattle.

Old 11-05-2009, 11:32 PM

7 posts, read 48,658 times
Sorry to hi-jack your post Pittgal, but it seems like perfect time to ask... you guys said magic word - "pricey". How much is "pricey" in WA? I am from very darn expansive LA and moving to Seattle are as well, so just wanna figure out the "cost matter" as well. What are the prices on rent/buy around the area? I live in 1 br right now here, so something similar or better would do, as long as we have some privacy there

Old 11-06-2009, 09:53 AM

1,677 posts, read 6,851,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avlany View Post
Sorry to hi-jack your post Pittgal, but it seems like perfect time to ask... you guys said magic word - "pricey". How much is "pricey" in WA? I am from very darn expansive LA and moving to Seattle are as well, so just wanna figure out the "cost matter" as well. What are the prices on rent/buy around the area? I live in 1 br right now here, so something similar or better would do, as long as we have some privacy there
I live in Issaquah, and I moved from Southern CA, and it seems like houses here right now are more expensive than in parts of Southern CA. For example, there are some condos across the street from me that are still in the mid $300s with HOA fees of $300/month. Townhomes are still in the $450+ range, and single family homes are in the $550+ range. I live in the Issaquah Highlands, but down in Issaquah proper prices still seem pretty high. You can go on redfin.com or other similar real estate sites, and see for yourself.

That was one of my biggest disappointments moving from Southern CA, we thought homes would be more affordable in comparable areas of WA, and they seem just as expensive or more in WA. Our rent is cheaper, at least (or it was when we moved here, don't know what SoCal rents are like right now).

V. =)

ETA: Okay, I just looked on line. My apartment complex doesn't have 1 bedrooms, but the 2 bedrooms start at $1,050/month (according to the website). I just did a search on redfin for condos, and there are several in the $200-300K range, so if you're looking for smaller, there seems to be a lot out there.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:13 AM

204 posts, read 813,704 times
Expensive. Great schools. Everything available. Lived here for years and have never locked my car doors, leave the house without worrying about a thing. Good neighbors. Fresh air. Trees. Trails. Parks. Issaquah has all of that. If you want thick pollution and population heavily tattooed look elsewhere. Low income, look elsewhere. Just the basic facts...

Old 11-06-2009, 04:34 PM

7 posts, read 48,658 times
Are those prices to buy or to rent? I know this question sounds weird, but 1K for 2br rent sound unrealistic

Old 11-06-2009, 05:07 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,772,742 times
$1000 for 2 br is a pretty good deal for the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: