Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 10:37 AM

457 posts, read 1,344,824 times

Advertisements

I'm out of town now and will be back after the new year but I left 2 days before the light rail extension to the airport was officially open. I know it's probably easily findable when I'm back at SeaTac but does anyone know what part of the airport specifically the train picks up at?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 12:05 PM

1,632 posts, read 6,840,944 times
Sound Transit: Travel Light to Sea Tac Airport (http://www.soundtransit.org/Riding-Sound-Transit/Travel-Light-to-SeaTac.xml - broken link)

This might help. See map.

The SeaTac/Airport Station is connected to the fourth floor of the airport's main parking garage.

Old 12-24-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelinWA View Post
Sound Transit: Travel Light to Sea Tac Airport (http://www.soundtransit.org/Riding-Sound-Transit/Travel-Light-to-SeaTac.xml - broken link)

This might help. See map.

The SeaTac/Airport Station is connected to the fourth floor of the airport's main parking garage.
well... what does it say about me that I turn to citydata now to ask this question that could have been easily answered by going to the transit website. doh.

thank you!

Old 12-31-2009, 10:40 AM

30 posts, read 109,270 times
So now im back in town and this is what i did. On the way there (since the link light rail wasnt ready yet) i took the 194 to SeaTac airport. This was not fun. The bus was 30min late and it was over packed. there was literally no room. That took about 45min. On the way back i took the Link Light Rail which was really easy to find because near the baggage claim area in the airport there are signs everywhere. the only downside was that it was a little far to walk. The light rail was a pleasant experience and there wasnt too many people on there. If i ever have to go to the airport again, im taking the light rail! Thanks everyone for your help, i really appreciate this forum! Happy new year!!!

Old 01-01-2010, 07:23 AM

260 posts, read 768,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel_loves_jesus View Post
So now im back in town and this is what i did. On the way there (since the link light rail wasnt ready yet) i took the 194 to SeaTac airport. This was not fun. The bus was 30min late and it was over packed. there was literally no room. That took about 45min. On the way back i took the Link Light Rail which was really easy to find because near the baggage claim area in the airport there are signs everywhere. the only downside was that it was a little far to walk. The light rail was a pleasant experience and there wasnt too many people on there. If i ever have to go to the airport again, im taking the light rail! Thanks everyone for your help, i really appreciate this forum! Happy new year!!!
So how long did the light rail take?

Old 01-01-2010, 02:20 PM

318 posts, read 950,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcalgal View Post
So how long did the light rail take?
The complete ride from the end of both termini takes roughly 36-37 minutes. The 194 is going away in February. The problem with that route is that it is often late and overcrowded. The headways are much larger and it does not serve nearly as large an area as Link does. 194 only runs from the DSTT, through the SODO busway, and directly to the airport via 5 and the 518. So outside of downtown, you are only serving Starbucks and industrial company employees. Link, on the other hand, provides service to Beacon Hill and neighborhoods up and down the Rainier Valley.

The Airport Station is a very short walk to the terminal, about 900 feet to the closest skybridge. I had a colleague who timed the walk from the Alaska Airlines ticket counter to be at 3 minutes more or less. This is nothing, it's shorter than many other walks at airports around the world. We should embrace the ability to walk, anyway.

Old 02-14-2010, 06:01 PM

2 posts, read 3,520 times
Hello, we will be arriving into the airport on Sept. 10th and wanting info on the light rail as far as us staying at the
La Quinta Inn & Suites
Seattle Downtown

2224 8th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121

Any info on how the light is for out of towners, cost and where to get off at for this hotel. Thanks all

Old 02-14-2010, 07:22 PM

Ride it all the way to the end to Westlake Station, which is at 5th and Pine. Provided you don't have a lot of luggage or anything, you can walk to the hotel from there. I believe it costs $2.50 but I'm not entirely sure of the protocol for paying (I have a pass).

Old 02-14-2010, 08:09 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,659,021 times
Yes, it is 2.50. Debit and credit cards accepted at the kiosks, very easy. The hotel you chose is a bit of a walk, but you could bus it from there. Not sure of the route, but there are transit info centers.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:32 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,328,182 times
Metro buses 26 and 28 come awfully close to your hotel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area