Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 10:44 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
I imagine the Asian food and seafood scene is very good in Seattle. What other ethnic/cultural foods have a large presence in the Seattle area?

Also, on a completely different topic, how's the fishing in the Seattle area?
I love Asian food!! I think I would do great in Seattle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 11:00 AM

2,352 posts, read 2,278,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
I imagine the Asian food and seafood scene is very good in Seattle. What other ethnic/cultural foods have a large presence in the Seattle area?

Also, on a completely different topic, how's the fishing in the Seattle area?
The Asian food in Seattle is sensational.

The fishing can be very good in the lakes and rivers of the Cascades and Olympics. Puget Sound for salmon can be good, but it's hit and miss. Clam digging on the ocean can be very good, and crabbing is terrific depending upon where you go.

Old 01-20-2010, 02:15 PM

474 posts, read 1,455,324 times
Correct on Asian food - of all types. There are a disproportionate number of very good Thai restaurants in the city, for instance. The other dominant 'cultural' food would have to be considered just Northwest - very fresh, very local.

Fishing is great - Puget Sound for salmon, and within an hour or two, you can do some serious river fishing as well. Others here are probably much more up on it than me.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
Correct on Asian food - of all types. There are a disproportionate number of very good Thai restaurants in the city, for instance. The other dominant 'cultural' food would have to be considered just Northwest - very fresh, very local.

Fishing is great - Puget Sound for salmon, and within an hour or two, you can do some serious river fishing as well. Others here are probably much more up on it than me.
That is something my mother appreciated about living in the Seattle area, the abundance of fresh seafood. I love it too.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:40 PM

807 posts, read 2,258,048 times
The lakes and the Sound are awesome for fishing. In my entire life of living here Ive never caught or seen someone catch a fish out of a Washington river, however (And I've been a lot).

Old 01-20-2010, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJB View Post
The lakes and the Sound are awesome for fishing. In my entire life of living here Ive never caught or seen someone catch a fish out of a Washington river, however (And I've been a lot).
I went fishing on Lake Washington when I was 5. My father caught a fish and that was my dinner that night.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:27 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,337,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJB View Post
I've seen people catch salmon in the Cedar River.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:39 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,384,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
I've seen people catch salmon in the Cedar River.
When I was up there, there was a news story about the native tribes people and the rest of the fisherman being territorial over fishing in one of the rivers. From the little I gathered, people fish in the rivers a lot.

Old 02-14-2010, 09:57 PM

14 posts, read 25,656 times
This post is helping me out a lot. We're moving to Seattle very soon from Miami. Originally from Milwaukee, WI. I hear ALL THE TIME about how we'll hate it there for the grayness. Dude, I'm from Milwaukee! The crap hole of weather. At least it won't be 25 below zero with snow drifts up to the eye balls--and gray days? Tons of 'em there. I think I'll quite enjoy Seattle, esp after coming from Miami. The sun can stick it; even after a deluge of rain hits the clouds have the audacity to disappear, and you steam like broccoli. I'm done living in an oven surrounded by rude people. The bureacracy is unbelievable too...but I digress. Can't wait to come to Seattle!

Old 02-14-2010, 10:46 PM

1,292 posts, read 4,704,308 times
I hear Seattle has a lot of gangs, whats that all about? I can't help but crack up when I read it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area