Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 01:20 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,279,136 times

Advertisements

Yeah Svartkatt has added several great spots too.

I was going to talk about Java as well.

You really MUST go to one of the ones he listed or Vivace. They're all superb. My personal fave is the Vivace on Broadway. Just because it is so funky and has a great grunge vibe to it. You get a sense of the makings of the original espresso scene in Seattle. And the espresso is other worldly.

Here's a map and pics...

Espresso Vivace Sidewalk Bar - Capitol Hill - Seattle, WA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2010, 01:39 PM

38 posts, read 144,019 times
Thank you all for your wonderful suggestions. I can't wait to go there.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:11 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,279,136 times
Come back and give us a report.

Old 01-15-2010, 10:00 PM

172 posts, read 442,065 times
Since you have a car you could take a two hour drive up to Deception pass. I know it's a long drive but the scenery is awesume!!! Islands everywhere hiking trails, etc. I don't know about this time of year, but many go up there for whale watching. Deception pass is a huge bridge that people drive on to get onto whibey island you can even hike down to the beach.

Old 01-16-2010, 01:41 AM

83 posts, read 228,409 times
I like Dick's Drive In and Ivar's for fast foods...
And Best Sushis are in Seattle...

Old 02-01-2010, 11:25 AM

38 posts, read 144,019 times
Default Seattle Trip

Thank you all again for your wonderful suggestions.

My trip was great and I definitely had a great time.

Started my day real early at the Pike Place Market. All the surface parking spaces were taken by 9 AM so I parked in the structure near by. Parking was pretty expensive especially since I spent half of the day there walking around and eating. Oh well.......at least I saw and ate some neat stuff.

I first went to the Crumpet Shop to get myself a great breakfast. The crumpet with ricotta cheese, almonds, maple syrup was so delicious. Then checked out the original Starbucks but didn't get any coffee there. Realized that the bakery next door, Le Panier, was packed with people so I walked in there and got in line just for the heck of it. Bought some very Frenchy croissants and macaroons as they were also very delicious and pretty authentic (have been to Paris a couple of years ago).

I then went to look for this chowder place in the alley but they didn't open until 11 AM so I just walked around in the market. I went back to the chowder place a little bit after 11 AM and it was already packed with people. Fortunately I was able to find a small table to eat a huge dungeness crab roll, a cup of seafood bisque, and a cup of clam chowder.

After that, I walked over to Westlake Mall and took the Mono Rail to Seattle Center to see the Space Needle. I didn't go up because I have been up there once in 1994 and the weather wasn't that good for viewing. Went back to Pike to pick up my car and drove to Vivace on Broadway (Capitol Hill?). I went to the sidewalk one but realized there is another one where you could actually sit not far from it. I tried their Americano and Caffe Soy Latte. I'm telling you. Seattlities know java. Probably the best coffee I've had for a long long time.

Walked around the area a bit since I paid for parking again. And then I drove to Uwajimaya. Great place to shop if you like Asian groceries. Also bought some hot chestnuts right outside the store and again, very delicious. The Beard Papa puffs in the food court are also very good. I've tried those in Japan and in LA before.

Then off I went to the East Side, across the Lake via I-90. First I drove to Issaquah to check out some communities. Then I drove to DT Kirkland. Neat little place with great views of the Lake from the other side and very walkable. Then I went to DT Bellevue to do some shopping and ended up eating in a very small but popular Taiwanese restaurant on Bellevue Way very close to the mall.

I was still jet lagged so I went back to my hotel to sleep and was on an early flight back home.

It was fun. Weather was mild. Thanks for your input again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area