Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2010, 07:29 PM

14 posts, read 38,787 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any apartment complexes they would (or would not) recommend in Seattle or surrounding areas? Neighborhood/suburb, price, amenities, etc. don't really matter, but I would prefer to limit this to complexes or places that usually have apartments available for rent; mostly I'm trying to get an idea if there are any property management companies in the area that tend to be better than others.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 08:32 PM

1,677 posts, read 6,853,040 times
I've had good luck with Avalon apartment complexes, and very bad luck with BRE apartment complexes.

Old 03-04-2010, 06:19 AM

159 posts, read 626,153 times
I rented from Equity Apartments and would definitely rent from them again. They've got a ton of apartment complexes in the metro area. I know at least one person who hates them, but it depends on what kind tenant you are (this is likely true with many property management companies and landlords).

Old 03-04-2010, 10:38 AM

218 posts, read 580,244 times
Eastlake, Lake Union area. Our son had his first Seattle apartment there two years ago. It is a bit pricey but very nice. It seems to cater to the more working professionals, not a lot of partying. If you like that, you'll probably like the Lake Union area.

Old 03-05-2010, 03:35 PM

243 posts, read 812,931 times
Yep... I second either the Avalon or Equity apartments. Both have great places for decent prices!

Good luck!

Old 03-05-2010, 04:09 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,601,206 times
There is a place off of Ambaum/16th in Burien near 140th that has changed hands several times, big complex that looks like old army wartime housing barracks, west side of the street, it's a dump and there is a lot of crime.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:20 PM

124 posts, read 368,895 times
Avoid Prometheus, nothing but issues. Avalon and Equity seem to have their stuff together.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:43 AM

159 posts, read 626,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saladfreak View Post
Sorry to disagree with some of the above posters. We checked out Equity apartments last month -- ugh. Where the carpets and walls meet, it is unfinished. Looks like they just threw down the carpets without a care. Also, the wood on the balconies was rotted in many of their apartments. The lawn was unmowed in another complex. Also, I noticed most of their complexes are located right next to major freeways, and it's very noisy -- I'm sure at night it's not very pleasant!
It definitely varies by complex, and there are some I wouldn't want to live in. I lived at Charter Club in south Everett, right on Silver Lake, and it was great (although I agree, the carpet wasn't the best). I also considered living at Monterra in Mill Creek. Both complexes are near the Bothell-Everett Highway, but it wasn't a problem. And as for the interstate, I lived super close to I-5 last year in Mountlake Terrace (practically right under it), and I hardly ever noticed it.

There are nicer apartments than a lot of the Equity apartments, sure, but you get what you pay for. The management itself was very easy and pleasant to work with, and I didn't have trouble getting my entire deposit back. Very professional company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area