Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 04:25 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,614,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaHuey View Post
In all fairness, it's been thirty years in the making.
True. I personally just tire of everyone painting President Obama to be the Antichrist. He may not be doing a superlative job, but is he honestly making things any worse than the prior administration did? Let's not forgot that thanks to the prior administration we are now spending billions on wars we will never ultimately "win" while parks/libraries near me are closing due to budget cuts. I don't want to veer this thread off-topic, but this is the equivalent of some guy farting on an elevator with another person in it, getting off, and then letting the next person to enter the elevator think it was THAT person still in the elevator who did it! There's plenty of blame to go around from Obama to Bush to Clinton to the other Bush to Reagan!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 04:29 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,601,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestonRunner86 View Post
True. I personally just tire of everyone painting President Obama to be the Antichrist. He may not be doing a superlative job, but is he honestly making things any worse than the prior administration did? Let's not forgot that thanks to the prior administration we are now spending billions on wars we will never ultimately "win" while parks/libraries near me are closing due to budget cuts. I don't want to veer this thread off-topic, but this is the equivalent of some guy farting on an elevator with another person in it, getting off, and then letting the next person to enter the elevator think it was THAT person still in the elevator who did it! There's plenty of blame to go around from Obama to Bush to Clinton to the other Bush to Reagan!
LOVE the analogy. The Gift that Keeps On Giving. Eau De Anus.

Old 03-29-2010, 05:11 PM

854 posts, read 4,141,334 times
Seriously guys, there's a political forum on CD for this.

...Actually I bet there's a jobs forum too. Glass houses. Crap.

mod interpose: Excellent point. From here on, please keep the discussion germane to the OP's Seattle job situation. Any general political comments or job hunting techniques, etc. will be removed as they potentially will have the tendency to pull the topic away from Seattle area relevance. Thanks.

Last edited by scirocco22; 03-29-2010 at 11:12 PM..

Old 03-29-2010, 08:25 PM

1,863 posts, read 5,149,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotigers123 View Post
Here are your issues:

1) False sense of entitlement
2) Psychology degree
3) Fresno St.
4) No connections
5) Mediocre language skills

I just turned 25 and I am now making 82% more than when I first began my career at age 22. I work in the financial services field and I have a finance degree from a good institution. You need to have a better attitude and you need to improve your communication skills. If your interviewing skills are similar to your written communication skills, you will never get a job with a reputable company.

Your degree in psychology is basically worthless, and Fresno St. is an average school at best. You would have better luck moving back to the central valley. Talk to your school's career office and try to get some work in Fresno. There's quite a bit of ag and manufacturing work in Fresno and you could hopefully find an entry-level position there and work your way up. First and foremost, CHANGE your attitude. Sorry to be blunt but it sounds like that's what you need right now. Best of luck to you.
Great advice. Working in a Human Resources department?

Last edited by movingwiththewind; 03-29-2010 at 08:33 PM..

Old 04-01-2010, 04:02 PM

305 posts, read 655,281 times
I disagree that a degree in psychology is worthless. It's actually worth a lot..if you build on it and pursue a Master's degree. Else wise, with a BA in psychology your most likely options are HR and child care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: