U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-08-2007, 04:12 PM

3 posts, read 10,215 times

Advertisements

I am currently considering moving to Washington. However, I am trying to find some places where I may like to live. I am looking for something very reminiscent of New England, with good schools and within a one-hour drive (each way) to downtown Seattle. The smaller the population the better, but I need to be close to places to shop/doctor's office things of that sort. I don't mind commuting long distances but I am not a big fan of lots of traffic. I would also like 1/2 to 1 acre of land and a home with about 1500 square feet or more of land for about 300k. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2007, 04:50 PM

148 posts, read 513,797 times
Somewhere out past the Bainbridge Island area maybe?

I think it's going to be pretty hard to find something with all of those requirements. Are any of them higher priority than the others?

I could be wrong though. Others will pop in shortly and might be of more help.

Have you ever visited WA before?

Last edited by gallo; 06-08-2007 at 06:01 PM..

Old 06-08-2007, 04:55 PM

148 posts, read 513,797 times
Just me again.

In the title of thread you mention that you are looking for something in the Portland metro area.

In the body of your post you mention that you are looking for something in the Seattle metro area.

Which area are you looking to move?

Old 06-08-2007, 04:57 PM

5,601 posts, read 12,587,287 times
Wait a sec.

You're confusing us. First you say "metro Portland area" as the title to your thread. Then in the body of your thread you mention a one-hour drive to Seattle. There's no way you can accomplish both. Downtown Portland is at least 3 hours away from Seattle if you allow for traffic congestion.

I was about to mention some of the suburbs around Vancouver but then I noticed your requirement of being within an hour of Seattle. Physically imposible.

So let's start off with this: Do you want to be near Portland or near Seattle?

Old 06-08-2007, 05:10 PM

3 posts, read 10,215 times
Default correction- i mean metro seattle

good schools, some land (1/2 acre or more), small town, long commute time is ok.

Old 06-08-2007, 05:22 PM

5,601 posts, read 12,587,287 times
Ah, I hate to break it to you, but I think what you're looking for will be difficult for $300k. Anything that is within an hour commute of Seattle with a big lot and a New England-type atmosphere will be much more money. Either that, or you'll have to consider something more than an hour out. Say, rural Snohomish County, rural Pierce County or even parts of south King County. However, with the horrendous traffic in the Seattle area, those places could all be way over an hour away.

I'll think on it some and if I come up with any suggestions, I'll get back to you. Or hopefully, somebody else will dispute what I've said and give you some good leads.

Old 06-09-2007, 12:11 AM

432 posts, read 1,304,861 times
Check out Snohomish- it's a small town with an historic district, which may offer the New England feel you're looking for. You will need to increase your price range for that much land/house within an hour of Seattle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area