Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 04:45 PM

14,016 posts, read 20,899,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachertype View Post
Who will be academically qualified to do the surgery if you happen to fall off your high horse and break your hip?
This is one of the funniest, most on-target posts I've read in a long time. Sorry I couldn't rep you - the last time was too recently. "High horse"! I'm still laughing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 04:56 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,465,092 times
Government schools are a boondoggle and a disaster. Not wanting to pay for them show good sense and economy. Poor people should get vouchers and all schools privatized. It served its purpose and is now way beyond the possibility of being saved.

Old 07-25-2010, 06:23 PM

25,690 posts, read 18,777,662 times
An ounce of prevention is worth a ton of cure. Don't ride a skittish, high horse when a burro will do.

Old 07-25-2010, 06:43 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,184,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
Government schools are a boondoggle and a disaster. Not wanting to pay for them show good sense and economy. Poor people should get vouchers and all schools privatized. It served its purpose and is now way beyond the possibility of being saved.
In Minnesota, providing for a k-12 education is a responsibility of the state.

It is in our state constitution.

Old 07-25-2010, 06:53 PM

8,409 posts, read 7,404,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
The judge ordered them released because the feds lacked even the evidence to keep them in jail. The charges are B.S.
Actually, I looked into this matter a bit more.

Four members of the Hutaree were granted bail and released on electronic tethers and the remaining five are still in jail.

Frankly, I don't believe that you actually know what's going on with the Hutaree as you believed that they had all been released.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
The whole Hutaree case is just so the Obama administration would have a data point to refer to when they refer to extremist groups "of all religions" instead of honestly admitting the the only people who are seriously killing others over religious beliefs are Muslims. A grand jury will indict a ham sandwich. And the FBI lie like no body's business to get what they want. End of story.
Yeah, but you're the guy who thinks that Big John Engler was a tax and spend welfare statist.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:27 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,465,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Yeah, but you're the guy who thinks that Big John Engler was a tax and spend welfare statist.
You will learn that I don't bite on troll bait. I said nothing about
Engler, you did. So try your foolish stuff on someone else.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:59 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,484,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Actually, I looked into this matter a bit more.

Four members of the Hutaree were granted bail and released on electronic tethers and the remaining five are still in jail.

Frankly, I don't believe that you actually know what's going on with the Hutaree as you believed that they had all been released.
I said the judge ordered them released because of a lack of evidence. The government appealed it in the case of those not released so it's working its way through the courts now. You think the trial court judge doesn't have a decent idea of what level of evidence the feds have?

Old 07-25-2010, 10:10 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,451,357 times
What about Montana? They are VERY free. I'm not sure about taxes though but I know they are rejecting most of the new unconstitutional federal programs and laws.

Old 07-26-2010, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
I said the judge ordered them released because of a lack of evidence. The government appealed it in the case of those not released so it's working its way through the courts now. You think the trial court judge doesn't have a decent idea of what level of evidence the feds have?
Not only do I think that the judge doesn't have a decent idea of what level the feds have, the appellate court that overturned the ruling also doesn't think that the judge has a decent idea of what level of evidence the feds have.

I predict that you'll find some sort of conspiricy with the appellate court ruling - because it contradicts your assumptions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness