U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 09:32 PM

337 posts, read 560,245 times

Advertisements

Over a Decade ago I was just another one of the sheep, it took a serious injury then 2yrs in a coma to change my perspective on our country.

Every day I see the gap between those in power grows exponentially from the rest of us.

I began to wonder a few years ago would I ever see someone, ie a head of a state stand up to the corrupt powers that be.

Isn't it time people that we all unite and get on the same page, after all the powers that be need underlings to do their dirty work, when you actually think about it how powerfull are they when they rely on public servants to enforce thier corruption.

I never want to see people get hurt, but I honestly felt that the full collapse of our financial system as we know it would be a good thing, it would or hopefully topple and reset thsi horribel system.

What is everyones take?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 09:42 PM

948 posts, read 1,187,861 times
Don't bale out on the greatest nation. Take back control from the politicians who believe we work for them and not them for us.
Honestly the only thing that would be done is delaying the same thing we have now. Yea leave the nation then in 200 years that state will have the same issues that we have today.
Evolution is hard sometimes and it tics us of sometimes but that's not a reason to go and start over

Old 11-13-2010, 09:51 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,707,727 times
"Will Any State Have the Stones to Successed from U.S.!"

No, but I'd put money on The Republic of Cascadia to SUCCEED in SECEDING if any state chooses that path.

Cascadia (independence movement) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Um, Spell Check is your friend.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:54 PM

337 posts, read 560,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecypher5413 View Post
"Will Any State Have the Stones to Successed from U.S.!"

No, but I'd put money on The Republic of Cascadia to SUCCEED in SECEDING if any state chooses that path.

Here is the gramar police, something most parents told their children if u don't have anything productive to say don't say anything at all.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:07 PM

10,236 posts, read 13,353,154 times
I live in Oregon and never heard of the Republic of Cascadia, and I doubt anyone I know has, either.

Considering the inept management of Oregon by our state leaders, I cannot fathom how it would do any better "on its own".

Old 11-13-2010, 10:35 PM

2,542 posts, read 5,763,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanceryan View Post
Here is the gramar police, something most parents told their children if u don't have anything productive to say don't say anything at all.
Except that I could barely read your post and I still don't quite understand it because of the grammar and spelling mistakes.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:22 AM

32,833 posts, read 38,298,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanceryan View Post
I began to wonder a few years ago would I ever see someone, ie a head of a state stand up to the corrupt powers that be.

Isn't it time people that we all unite and get on the same page, after all the powers that be need underlings to do their dirty work, when you actually think about it how powerfull are they when they rely on public servants to enforce thier corruption.

I never want to see people get hurt, but I honestly felt that the full collapse of our financial system as we know it would be a good thing, it would or hopefully topple and reset thsi horribel system.

What is everyones take?
Are these corrupt powers government in general or just the current government?
You would break up America because its running through a bit of rough water? Not much faith in the strength of the American resolve i see.
Having 50 quasi colonies instead of a united America sounds like a lot of potential for future conflict that would make today's problems in America seem trivial by comparison.
The American political system makes it possible for you to run for office,why not get active in your community,or state and get elected and then you could have the stones to institute your changes...
Or you could just move to another country that more reflects your idea of government.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:15 AM

9,006 posts, read 9,856,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecypher5413 View Post
"Will Any State Have the Stones to Successed (sic.) from U.S.!"

The information on Cascadia looks as if it were written by typical memmbers of the Libertarian Party, that is, unrealistic. There's also a White Separatist group with a plan. But their economic beliefs and refusal to work with the middle class and above don't bode well for success.

Northwest Front

The leader, Harold Covington, has written a series of truly page turning novels and is a natural at talk radio as evidenced from his podcast. But he just isn't practical.

I do believe that something could happen in Arizona. It's fairly obvious that Obama won't do anything substantive about illegal aliens. If there were some horrible atrocity commited by Mexicans or a breakdown in border defense, it could trigger a civil war in Arizona that the Washington government couldn't control. Arizona could then become a sovereign nation by default. As Arizona is landlocked by Mexico and territories under control of Washington, there would need to be an accomodation. But that's not impossible. The only impossibility is that Washington would dare mount an invasion. Forget other states if that happened. Russia, Iran, perhaps even North Korea would provide armaments and other supplies in sweet revenge. Obama may not know this; but his handlers do. If this scenario played out, we could have Jefferson's other republic.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:26 AM

363 posts, read 850,612 times
A separatist group moved to Wyoming a while back to influence the state government, but that didn't work. I hear the lefties went to NH to try it there. They can only succeed when good men fail to do their jobs to protect us from them.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:31 AM

363 posts, read 850,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
I do believe that something could happen in Arizona. It's fairly obvious that Obama won't do anything substantive about illegal aliens. If there were some horrible atrocity commited by Mexicans or a breakdown in border defense, it could trigger a civil war in Arizona that the Washington government couldn't control. Arizona could then become a sovereign nation by default.
The only state that was sovereign before becoming a state was Texas and it's the only state that has a caveat in their state constitution that would allow them to return to that former position.

Arizona law is no different than those already in existence in Missouri or the practices of certain counties in Georgia.

At one point in history, Mexico not only claimed, but occupied land as far north as San Francisco and as far east as Colorado, parts of Oklahoma and most of Texas. It would not be unheard of for them to re-claim it again. La Raza actually expounds this. http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=13863
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness