U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2010, 05:53 PM

19,122 posts, read 21,367,188 times

Advertisements

Thar's no numba's at all on the brass barrel rig. If numba's come up on a modern gun I leave them and clone in over the real ones with photoshop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2010, 05:56 PM

3,511 posts, read 4,314,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Thar's no numba's at all on the brass barrel rig. If numba's come up on a modern gun I leave them and clone in over the real ones with photoshop.
Well, you are smarter than me Mac. I can barely work this thing! LOL LOL Electrical tape or laying serial side down or away is what I have always done! LOL

Old 12-11-2010, 06:02 PM

Not me, but maybe my wife. She is an artist, and taught me how to plug this box in. So far she can't get my grammar any good, or to type with more than one finger on each hand.

Clint Eastwood said a man must know his limits. My limit today was cutting and splitting a cord and a half of fire wood. My back told me that was enough.

Old 12-11-2010, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Not me, but maybe my wife. She is an artist, and taught me how to plug this box in. So far she can't get my grammar any good, or to type with more than one finger on each hand.

Clint Eastwood said a man must know his limits. My limit today was cutting and splitting a cord and a half of fire wood. My back told me that was enough.
All mine have a 4473 attached and over half the Police Department has handled or shot most of mine over the years. Why do you think I always laugh when they say "oh man, this is better than sex"! LMAO Don't let your wife hear you say that! ROTFLMAO!

Old 12-11-2010, 06:23 PM

I think my wife thinks so too. She has a bigger grin shooting anyway. What can i say?

Not everthing modern I have is papered, since private sale in state is very legal. Some of these guns can't be traced to a living owner, and so far as I know dead is still dead and they ain't tellin'.

I got others in trade for carpentry roofing from a woman who didn't want any guns, but had some. I traded her fair, as i refuse to take advantage of those who don't know, and she was pleased as punch. Possibly you are the only one here who might know a Beretta Model 90, since they haven't made that model in years. A long time ago i found a guy on line that sells odd mags and bought one.

It's 32 acp, but I like the way it functions. Makes a good hip pocket shooter as a back up to the Rand.

Do you have any semi auto shooters with a de-c o c k ing lever? I can't get over that idea yet. Seeing the hammer fall that way just set me off. I am sayin then a hammer drops i expect to be hearin' a big BOOM, and get real squinchy anytime anyone with a gun that works that does it.

My eyes get as big as silver dollars I plug my ears for no reason and get low real fast.

I have done that in mud when a newbie points a firearm at me too. I am not the type to discourage a newbie, but try to make a minor point that it best not happen again.

Old 12-11-2010, 06:34 PM

Quote:
I think my wife thinks so too. She has a bigger grin shooting anyway. What can i say?

Not everthing modern I have is papered, since private sale in state is very legal. Some of these guns can't be traced to a living owner, and so far as I know dead is still dead and they ain't tellin'.

I got others in trade for carpentry roofing from a woman who didn't want any guns, but had some. I traded her fair, as i refuse to take advantage of those who don't know, and she was pleased as punch. Possibly you are the only one here who might know a Beretta Model 90, since they haven't made that model in years. A long time ago i found a guy on line that sells odd mags and bought one.

It's 32 acp, but I like the way it functions. Makes a good hip pocket shooter as a back up to the Rand.

Do you have any semi auto shooters with a de-c o c k ing lever? I can't get over that idea yet. Seeing the hammer fall that way just set me off. I am sayin then a hammer drops i expect to be hearin' a big BOOM, and get real squinchy anytime anyone with a gun that works that does it.

My eyes get as big as silver dollars I plug my ears for no reason and get low real fast.

I have done that in mud when a newbie points a firearm at me too. I am not the type to discourage a newbie, but try to make a minor point that it best not happen again.
Yeah, I know what a Beretta 90 .32 ACP is. It has a similar shape as a Walther PPK/PPKS, SIG P-230/P-232, and a Astra Constable. Nice gun! All of my SIGs have a decocker on them. I have a Beretta 96G .40 Police only that I bought from the department as well that does. The decocker is integrated in the safety lever. The 96FS for civilians doesn't have it. I use them but keep the muzzle pointed at the floor. Always do this OP if you get one with a decocker. ALWAYS....ALWAYS!!!!! Just like any mechanical device it can fail. One way to test it is to COMPLETELY UNLOAD AND CLEAR the weapon. Stick a Bic pen in the end of the barrel. Hit the decocker and see if it shoots the pen out? It shouldn't if everything is working properly. You can do the same to check for a broken firing pin or one that isn't striking!

Old 12-11-2010, 07:36 PM

829 posts, read 2,505,038 times
Has anyone suggested a good 20 guage since she is a petite woman?

Old 12-11-2010, 09:30 PM

363 posts, read 860,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
I've been browsing this forum, some very interesting and helpful discussion!

I live on a quiet, semi-rural dead-end street on a very large fenced lot. It is well-lit by the township, but quiet and I have no immediate neighbors.
12 ga pump shotgun. The sound of shucking the chamber is in itself intimidating

Old 12-12-2010, 09:36 AM

Here is a look at the GLOCK 19 9MM that I recommend as #1 for you like I said earlier in the thread. The first one I will post is my old 2nd Generation that has served me well for many years. The next one will be my new 3rd Generation. I want to be able to show you the differences in the two. Most likely you will be able to shoot the 3rd Gen much better as most women do. That shouldn't be a definite though as it may not matter to you. It doesn't to me and both are the same. You can get great deals on used Police trade-in 2nd and even 3rd gen GLOCKs.

Last edited by Axle grease; 12-12-2010 at 10:08 AM..

Old 12-12-2010, 09:38 AM

3rd Generation G-19. Both have night sights!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness