U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2010, 05:43 PM

19,122 posts, read 21,420,940 times

Advertisements

yeah I know.......... and, Owls fer some are bad ju ju.

I ain't buyin you don't shape shift either.

By Blood I was gifted a totem, but it doesn't seem to fit me, but thar's nuthin I can do about it.

Now I can't say I understand it all, I just accept it. Then I end up knowing some pretty odd things about people I never met. It happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2010, 05:56 PM

3,491 posts, read 5,309,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I ain't buyin you don't shape shift either.
Got it. I really don't, but there are several people who're still scratchin' their heads and wondering "Where the H*ll did he go?" or "Where de f**k did HE come from?" Its not that I'm so great, its just that they really weren't paying attention, ya know???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Now I can't say I understand it all, I just accept it. Then I end up knowing some pretty odd things about people I never met. It happens.
I understand what you're saying, and completely agree. There's a lot of things I shouldn't know, but I just do.

-- Nighteyes

Old 12-17-2010, 06:03 PM

Twice in all white I have been invisable to modern man at night. When I spoke up, these folks jumped out of their own skins, and I wasn't being sneaky a bit

One of these was in white elk armor at a SCA events. It ended as i was the best dressed barbarian LOL. I did that type of event just once by invite.

The other was at work in a camp ground, real modern people, where I was just wandering around making sure everyone was alright. If I didn't side step they would have crashed into me, in the middle of a camp ground dirt road.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:54 PM

3,491 posts, read 5,309,095 times
Mac,

Does the phrase "walk into an empty room and blend right in" sound at all familiar to you?

Old 12-17-2010, 07:42 PM

I did that very thing one thanksgiving a few years ago...

Old 12-17-2010, 11:47 PM

4,101 posts, read 5,911,721 times
Default What kind of firearm do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle grease View Post
They aren't exactly slow, they just aren't that accurate. Point of aim versus point of impact is not even what I would call acceptable. Even when you TRY to adjust them with the little Allen wrench. What do you practice at 5 yards, 7 yards? The buds and I go all distances and most is at 15-20 yards. If you can hit at 15-20 yards, you sure can at 3, 5 or 7. There is no substitute for correct use of sights...... non. At that distance the dot is jumping all over the paper even bench rested. USE YOUR SIGHTS. IMO Meprolite are the best night sights you can buy.
You and I can agree to disagree. I think Meprolite sites are a waste of money. Yes you are certainly correct, the red dot does jump around on the paper. What that means is your sights are also jumping around the same way. You just don't notice it unless you are using a scope or laser sites. Remember, the sights, like the laser grips are fastened to your firearm. The reason you see the red laser dot moving around is because your gun is moving around and the laser (just like a scope) magnifiys that movement. It is possible to hold that red dot still, not easy, but possible. It is also possible to hold your sights still, but even when you do, you don't always hit the target where you expect because the 'site picture' is not the only thing that affects where your bullet hits the target. The down side of using Crimson Trace laser sights is their cost. Meprolite, or so called 'night sites' are much less expensive. I think anyone who intends to use a handgun should buy both and make up their own mind which works best for themselves. When you can competely shoot the center out of an inch and a quarter bullseye at 25 yards, that is good enough accuracy for me. Possibly you can not do that, but it's not the fault of the laser sight if you can't. Remember, that sight just like your other sights are firmly attached to the gun. Once sighted in, the gun will hit where it is pointed, but only if you do your part.

Old 12-18-2010, 12:04 AM

3,511 posts, read 4,322,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
You and I can agree to disagree. I think Meprolite sites are a waste of money. Yes you are certainly correct, the red dot does jump around on the paper. What that means is your sights are also jumping around the same way. You just don't notice it unless you are using a scope or laser sites. Remember, the sights, like the laser grips are fastened to your firearm. The reason you see the red laser dot moving around is because your gun is moving around and the laser (just like a scope) magnifiys that movement. It is possible to hold that red dot still, not easy, but possible. It is also possible to hold your sights still, but even when you do, you don't always hit the target where you expect because the 'site picture' is not the only thing that affects where your bullet hits the target. The down side of using Crimson Trace laser sights is their cost. Meprolite, or so called 'night sites' are much less expensive. I think anyone who intends to use a handgun should buy both and make up their own mind which works best for themselves. When you can competely shoot the center out of an inch and a quarter bullseye at 25 yards, that is good enough accuracy for me. Possibly you can not do that, but it's not the fault of the laser sight if you can't. Remember, that sight just like your other sights are firmly attached to the gun. Once sighted in, the gun will hit where it is pointed, but only if you do your part.
20 yards with a SIG P-229 .40 S&W offhand rapid fire, 36 rounds timed with 2 magazine changes. The sights are standard factory SIGLITE night sites. It's not the shooter! That is a Dirty Bird shoot and see from Meijers. The whole paper is 8"X 8". That is a rapid fire 1 1/2" group at 20 yards. I have 5 witnesses who said it was me too. GD Axle, you sure can shoot! LOL

Old 12-18-2010, 12:30 AM

4,101 posts, read 5,911,721 times
Default What kind of firearm do I need?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle grease View Post
I'll add something useful to this thread instead of me just being a horses arse! LOL My apologies to the OP and everyone else. I mean it! What is a Benelli M-3? It's a very-very rare 12 Gauge, law enforcement, select fire shotgun. See the selector switch on the end of the forearm (slide)? In normal operation it fires in semi-automatic mode. You flip the selector switch with your thumb and it goes pump action. I've only seen three for sale in the last 5 years. My buddy and I both wanted one for many years and finally were able to get two of them. This configuration with the pistol grip is the most desirable and rare. Yes, you can own a semi and a pump shotgun all in one platform. Everyone at the station thinks this SOB F"n Rocks! LOL
Hoopty doo, looks just like my Nova.

Old 12-18-2010, 12:32 AM

Ah-ah.... I know what you are thinking. That's too easy, right? I headed to the range and out for some fish with the buds tonight to get a little range time in. 20 yards again with a S&W 642 .38 SPL. It's a 1 7/8" barrel snub-nose J-Frame .38 SPL. What do you expect out of one? Don't count the HANGING hole dead center in the top. These guys want to join CD so bad, so they can play too! LOL I told them one of us is enough! LOL

Old 12-18-2010, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
Hoopty doo, looks just like my Nova.
Your Nova is not rare. I challenge you to find one of these. You won't!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness