Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2010, 01:55 PM

61,717 posts, read 87,123,005 times

Advertisements

There are tons of good downloads in the Survival Database Download section of this website. For this article – I have selected 10 that everyone should have either printed and put away, or placed on a USB drive – or better yet both.

ModernSurvivalOnline.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2010, 03:57 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Other than the medical manuals, which can't exactly be practiced, the rest should be practiced. In the time of need, there may not be time to read. Even if there is, and you are caught at reading, if a question comes along, yer dead. Printed on paper and bound in a binder is the only way to go. Even if you have a gennie, you would be wasting fuel, which probably isn't likey to get replaced for a very long time, maybe never.

I don't know the date silver just went up again, but it has been recently and a troy ounce is now worth 31 USD. That should be very telling to people who remain aware.

In terms of silver and dollars, at a lesser rate for coin silver, and as used bullion in used dimes, quarters and 50 cent pieces, the rate is 25 dollars of play money per 1 dollar silver.

Which means a current play money dollar is worth one cent silver. Which means in silver a gallon of gas is worth 12.5 cents silver.

This is a time to be wide awake.

If these skills are not practiced, it will be far to late to learn any of them, if things really do go south, and from my point of view we are headed far south. A years supplies on hand is a better bet now, and a hope you can defend them.

This causes me to wonder how many will have buried their heads in the sand for so long, that if and when this does in fact happen what exactly they will do, IF, they survive the first 24 hours.

I can not fathom what the feeling will be like to wake up one morning and find we have just entered the modern stone age, for someone who had no sence of forsite.

Old 12-30-2010, 07:43 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,698,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Other than the medical manuals, which can't exactly be practiced, the rest should be practiced. In the time of need, there may not be time to read. Even if there is, and you are caught at reading, if a question comes along, yer dead. Printed on paper and bound in a binder is the only way to go. Even if you have a gennie, you would be wasting fuel, which probably isn't likey to get replaced for a very long time, maybe never.

I don't know the date silver just went up again, but it has been recently and a troy ounce is now worth 31 USD. That should be very telling to people who remain aware.

In terms of silver and dollars, at a lesser rate for coin silver, and as used bullion in used dimes, quarters and 50 cent pieces, the rate is 25 dollars of play money per 1 dollar silver.

Which means a current play money dollar is worth one cent silver. Which means in silver a gallon of gas is worth 12.5 cents silver.

This is a time to be wide awake.

If these skills are not practiced, it will be far to late to learn any of them, if things really do go south, and from my point of view we are headed far south. A years supplies on hand is a better bet now, and a hope you can defend them.

This causes me to wonder how many will have buried their heads in the sand for so long, that if and when this does in fact happen what exactly they will do, IF, they survive the first 24 hours.

I can not fathom what the feeling will be like to wake up one morning and find we have just entered the modern stone age, for someone who had no sence of forsite.

What are we expecting to happen? Do you have a years worth of your heart medicine that keeps you alive because if you don't why even bother Call me confused.

Old 12-30-2010, 07:52 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,482,138 times
If things get so bad that I can't survive with what I have....then it is my time to go.

Road Warrior and Mad Max worlds make somewhat interesting movies but I care not for a starring role.

Old 12-30-2010, 07:58 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,698,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHAdams View Post
If things get so bad that I can't survive with what I have....then it is my time to go.

Road Warrior and Mad Max worlds make somewhat interesting movies but I care not for a starring role.

Are people really preparing for something real or is this just kind of a fantasy thing?

Old 12-30-2010, 09:49 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,107,360 times
Is it a fantasy? Ask yourself, can things keep going like they are? Something has to happen. You can either prepare for the unexpected or wish you had when it is too late.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:56 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
Are people really preparing for something real or is this just kind of a fantasy thing?
I think most who prepare do so for if and when it becomes a real need. This time of year, in my part of the country, one good ice storm could have power out for weeks. Been there, done that, was prepared just well enough and will be again but even better next time!

It's pretty difficult to ignore the rising cost of food, rising cost of fuel, and the monitization of the US debt by the FED. There is no reason to believe things could not get a whole lot worse with our economy before they get significantly better: 10% unemployment as a new "norm" is not a rosy picture. And, while our decline may be much slower than in the PIGS nations, we are already to see signs of backlash for coming "austerity measures" when it comes to unionized government employees (NYC snowstorm clean-up anyone?).

It is just prudent to have a plan and be ready to implement it by having what you need already in place before an emergency requires it, IMO.

Old 12-31-2010, 04:01 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Aptor I an not on any meds what so ever. I have no clue how you came to that idea. I don't take any meds for much of any reason. A reason I am not on any meds is because I bust my tail 7 days a week. Today I crushed my left hand but good, but am not on any meds for it. Evidently when a big steel plate over came my strength and fell with me holding it, and i was caught on another like steel plate across the knuckes of my left hand which show blood blisters on top of my knuckes, it must be a blood vessel broke and has cause swelling on the little finger joint at the next knuckel down, since that finger won't bend any.

Meds? Nope not me. I just sat with my arm up till the pain subsided, and went back to work.

The other day on another thread in poly tics, someone asked what a dollar is worth. That someone didn't specify what to compare a dollar too. So I assumed to silver.

After some 3 hours of figuring, looking at the problem several different ways, I came to find a play money dollar we have today is worth 1 silver cent.

In other words a used and worn real silver dollar 90% silver, 10% copper, a real silver dollar not a 1 troy ounce ingot made of .999 fine silver, is currently worth $25.00. If you break that down that ends up meaning a play money Fedral Reserve Note, which isn't even printed by the feds is worth 1 silver cent.

That means in terms of silver, a gallon of gasoline is worth $0.12.5 cents silver std.

So you ask is something going on. My answer would be yes. The last notes the Feds DID print was called the United States Note. Knowing it was a farce, they stopped and created the Fedral Reserve Note which is a private org, having nothing to do with the Feds.

Which all means there is no dollars, that there is no money, and that the dollar is so weak, that it won't be very long before a dollar is a note of debt, and worth less than 1 cent silver. And that means nothing has really increased in costs.

No nuthin' is goin' on.... Not a thing, it don't mean nuthin', not a thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness