Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2011, 08:28 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,697,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be Free View Post
Posted by Aptor hours:
"u need to suck it up and tolerate some heat and humididty".

I'm surprised you can't express your thoughts more clearly (or spell anything), with your college degree and all.

I'm sure Chris is aware of what the weather is like in summer where he lives. But it's real generous of you to share a tidbit with him from your vast knowledge of survival information. To think you were making fun of people who expected a collapse just weeks ago and now you're giving advice. u shure lern kwick.
Sorry to get u hot and bothered about my spelling mt pretty little be free, but, all I have is my droid and that can make posting and spelling challenging
As far as advice and knowledge I fear that you underestimate me which is never wise in a fan scenario
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 08:32 PM

817 posts, read 2,188,731 times

Old 02-16-2011, 10:31 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
I must make a note to get some 'Survival Mascara'

Old 02-16-2011, 10:41 AM

817 posts, read 2,188,731 times
Lol! :d

Old 02-16-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I must make a note to get some 'Survival Mascara'

Survival foundation

Old 02-16-2011, 11:02 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
That'l be BEAR Oil, coon oil is 2nd best... So far the only problem I find with either of these oils is the tendancy to end up rubbing my butt on a tree.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
That'l be BEAR Oil, coon oil is 2nd best... So far the only problem I find with either of these oils is the tendancy to end up rubbing my butt on a tree.
I will give it a try then as I'm at walmart right now

Old 02-16-2011, 11:47 AM

563 posts, read 929,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
I will give it a try then as I'm at walmart right now
Don't end up on peopleofwalmart.com !

Old 02-16-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderingWanderer View Post
Don't end up on peopleofwalmart.com !
Trust me I won't. There are many that beAt me out.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:06 PM

25,721 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
Yes I don't think you understood. A person may know how to live in cold, but, in the event of a collapse one may find themselves having to live in far less than ideal weather which could include heat and humidity. I'm kind of surprised you didn't already know this be free.
Actually, even in the "north country" it's going to get hot at times in the summer. An occasional day at 90 or 100, I'm fine with (not that I like it, but I'll deal with it). But, we can minimize the frequency and chance of this by living farther north and/or at higher altitudes. Which works fine for me.

Here in Utah, I can go to places that are regularly well over 100 degrees daily in the summer, and I can also go to places that are lucky to reach 60 in the summer. Actually, a location in Utah had the record for coldest recorded temp in the lower 48 for quite some time.

Where I live, it's generally in the 90's all summer with some days above 100. Luckily, it's usually cool in the mornings. I've been here a long time so obviously I tolerate it. Doesn't mean I like it, though! Unfortunately, those places in Utah with colder overall temps are either mega expensive "mountain yuppy retreats," or within national forest, or completely inaccessible except on foot. Plus, the population density is going berserk around here. Really, that's the main reason for my "escape" from Utah. Population. Yes, I could move out to a little desert town in the middle of nowhere Utah. But, for now the plan is North Dakota--which can get really hot, but doesn't do it all that often. An added benefit is that there are fewer people in the whole state of North Dakota that just this desert valley I live in that has definitely "outgrown me."

So yes... it's not a matter of not being able to live through heat (yes, I joke about heat stroke; so I over exaggerate a bit ), more a preference issue. I just prefer not to be miserable if I can help it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness