Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 06:15 PM

817 posts, read 2,188,862 times

Advertisements

Better learn Chinese.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 06:32 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Later, after I am sure Yuan isn't 'it', and right now I don't think it will be 'it'. Besides I don't look good in Gray

Old 03-05-2011, 06:52 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Here's two more reports of people going crazy and/or throwing tanturms in public. In New York State, Rockland County, a woman entered a liquor store jumped the line at the counter and began arguing with the clerk. After 30 seconds of yelling she asked to use the bathroom, was told no, and walked around the store to one aisle where she began knocking bottles off the shelf as she walked. She then left the store, got back into a cab and went to a nearby mall.
In Wales UK a woman with two small children entered a bakery and asked for some certain cupcakes the bakery specializes in. When she was told they were sold out, she flew into a wild tantrum yelling and screaming, throwing herslef onto the floor and then she got up and began breaking glass display cases, throwing baked goods and attacked the clerk. She then left with her two small children.
This doesn't compare to the bloodshed going on in Africa and the middle east, but people are becoming insane and acting like two year olds.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:55 AM

874 posts, read 1,648,800 times
I guess people are surrounded by so much technology these days that they get tense, stressed, and uncomfoftable. Music can play a part of it too... most music is explicit and very violent so that can influence people into doing stupid things. Some people just need to learn how to control themselves and just relax. So weed should be legalized. lmao.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:53 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Here's two more reports of people going crazy and/or throwing tanturms in public. In New York State, Rockland County, a woman entered a liquor store jumped the line at the counter and began arguing with the clerk. After 30 seconds of yelling she asked to use the bathroom, was told no, and walked around the store to one aisle where she began knocking bottles off the shelf as she walked. She then left the store, got back into a cab and went to a nearby mall.
In Wales UK a woman with two small children entered a bakery and asked for some certain cupcakes the bakery specializes in. When she was told they were sold out, she flew into a wild tantrum yelling and screaming, throwing herslef onto the floor and then she got up and began breaking glass display cases, throwing baked goods and attacked the clerk. She then left with her two small children.
This doesn't compare to the bloodshed going on in Africa and the middle east, but people are becoming insane and acting like two year olds.
If we'd start holding people completely responsible for their dingy behavior, rather than excusing it away, I think things might be better. Or better yet, send people like this to an insane asylum for a time. I bet they'd straighten their act up once they got out. If it happened again, send 'em back leave 'em in there.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:25 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,698,696 times
Quote:

Strange, people never did stuff like that before? Have you have been to Rome and seen what used to pass for entertainment then? Talk about brutality and evil.....

Old 03-05-2011, 10:51 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,052,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidty223 View Post
I guess people are surrounded by so much technology these days that they get tense, stressed, and uncomfoftable. Music can play a part of it too... most music is explicit and very violent so that can influence people into doing stupid things. Some people just need to learn how to control themselves and just relax. So weed should be legalized. lmao.

Freaks don't need music to be freaks.

Old 03-05-2011, 11:12 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Coast to Coast is so much on the radio now. I haven't listened to radio at night in ages and that is the program on most channels now. I would listen more but they go into aliens and all the werid topics. Then the History channel has programs on aliens and weird things. I just cannot get into it, sorry. It is ruining radio for me.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:29 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,365,699 times
Quote:
This was a topic last night on Coast To Coast AM with George Noori. His guest and he discussed the apparent increase of agitation of people and all the unrest that is going on, especially in the middle east. Has anybody else noticed that? I'm seeing a lot more local domestic homicides which might be do to the bad economy and also an increase in urban violence and crime.
The protests in the middle east seem to have just come from nowhere. There is always middle east unrest but until now most of it has been channeled towards the west and not inwards( where it does belong).
So is it something in the water,air, food, magnetic fields messing with peoples brains or what? Are people just getting stressed out?
Yes, but I think it's related to a number of things;

1. The economic collapse that have left so many "who played by the rules" unemployed and desperate. Most 99er's are over 50 and after a lifetime of working can't find any work and are or have lost their savings, homes etc. and are angry. I for one am furious that none of the CEO's have ever gone to jail for what they have done. I'm also angry that I'm being thown under the bus at 60.

2. I also see an attitude of the young adults who have been raised to have no respect their elders and other human beings in general - look at the rise in bullying in our schools as one example. They also think they are "owed" even if they haven't worked or have worked very little. They expect to live a lavish lifestyle without earning it.

3. Politics have no centerist people anymore they are either rightwing or leftwing fringe. The voice of reason has disapeared. As an example, one of the state senators in GA has introduced a bill to investigate miscarriages and charge woman with murder if they can't prove it wasn't mechanically or chemically induced. I see our politicians in it for themselves, touting pet projects that has nothing to do with helping this country get back on its feet. We used to be a compassionate people who cared about the least of us, but now it is no more. Some politicians now call the long-term unemployed lazy, drug-addled alcoholics and as a 60 year old who lost my job/profession that really pizzes me off. They are ignoring my 40 years of hard work before this mess they allowed to happen. Our politicians no longer respect or care for the people they are supposed to represent.

4. The rise in robberies and other crimes, I believe is a direct result of the economic collapse. More and more people are starving and homeless, once good people are so desperate to feed themselves or their families are now resorting to crime, and I think we will only see an increase. There is also the other factor of those who were raised with lack of respect for others (see # 2).

The middle east has been filled for decades with suppressed/oppressed countries and the economic disaster has spread worldwide and has become the tipping point.

I for one am very angry, I worked hard all my life (40 years) never making the "big bucks", lived modestly, saved what I could, bought a small MH with a small mortgage ($345.) to be paid off by the time I turned 65. When this economic collapse happened I lost my job and my profession as a Real Estate Title Examiner (one I loved). So after being unemployed for almost a year it was apparent I need to get re-training and I did (paid for out of my own pocket with the last of my savings), I took a phlebotomy course and got nationally certified. I even did quite a bit of research on this profession and there are jobs out there, but after almost another year still no job for me. I face a two prong discrimination, I'm unemployed and I'm 60. My last interview for a job that I was well qualified for included a group interview with one manager and three peers. Those 3 peers were no more than their mid 20's and were quite frankly very disrespectful during the interview. They all but ignored me except when prompted by the manager to ask me a question, I've always interviewed well and do a good job of selling myself, but it was very apparent that they had no intention of wanting me on their team. What was even more agrivating was it was apparent management is being held hostage by these 3 rude punks. I can't turn back the clock yet I need to work and I am being turned down because of my age - can't prove it but it's there. Then there is the EEOC who has gotten so many complaints about the discriminatory practices of not hiring the unemployed they are now doing an investigation. An example of this attitude is Sony-Erickson who moved their HQ to GA and in their initial add it said "unemployed need not apply", the add is gone but the 'tude is still there.

I was once considered "middle class" what ever that means, now I've become one of the growing long term unemployed poor, so yes I'm angry, frustrated and scared. I'm not alone, there are millions of us and growing every day.

I don't know what the answer is but I don't see any compassion, I only see the "I've got mine so screw everyone else" attitude.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:31 AM

1,030 posts, read 3,416,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
People will get a lot worse shortly.

The rest of the world is talking abut making the Euro and the Yen the world base class of cash, along with gold and silver of course.

Each day the stake is driven deeper in America, for the splitting of a Nation.

Pretty soon we will be the newest 3rd world country, because the Feds sold us all out.

My only question is should I learn to speak German or Japanese?
I'm ashamed that we live in the same country. It is cowards like you who perpetuate this stupid rumor.

Seriously, take a hike with that talk - you're scaring the dumb ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness