Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 07:07 PM

829 posts, read 2,954,393 times

Advertisements

I know I have frequently asked questions regarding preperation for home invasions, as i find it quite interesting for some reason...Forgive me for asking another question...If you hear a bump in the night so to speak, and know that someone is breaking into your house at 2am...what is your routine? What exactly would/do you do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 07:49 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,029,506 times
Usually, I wait for all the lights to go out before getting my gang of illegal mexicans to enter the home from the front and rear doors. After we have secured the living areas, a team goes on to clear the bedrooms. Once we have the hapless family hogtied and gagged in the kitchen we proceed to look for valuables.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:28 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,677,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticViking View Post
I know I have frequently asked questions regarding preperation for home invasions, as i find it quite interesting for some reason...Forgive me for asking another question...If you hear a bump in the night so to speak, and know that someone is breaking into your house at 2am...what is your routine? What exactly would/do you do?
Get a dog that likes to bark. That way you'll know before the bump comes.

If I'm home prepare to meet your maker. If you get past Mr. Teeth you'll have 9 rounds of 00 buck coming your way. If its just my girls and wife you better hope your dead by the Glock19s with crimson trace grips they'll be using because I swear they just love gutting deer and elk. God help you if you're still alive.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:30 PM

829 posts, read 2,954,393 times
I guess i was asking more of once you hear the noise, what is your process? Especially if you have a family...what do you do with them? what then do you do? etc...

Old 04-11-2011, 10:59 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,029,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticViking View Post
I guess i was asking more of once you hear the noise, what is your process? Especially if you have a family...what do you do with them? what then do you do? etc...
And this all presupposes that at the time of the break-in everyone in the house is in some predetermined centralized defensive position and have practiced home invasion drills so often that they will react exactly as planned!

Yeah right.

You may have the opportunity to put up some sort of defense and you may not. Some of your family members may be in the possession of the invaders by the time you get your act together and any possibility of defense may have long passed.

Your absolute best defense is having a home that is near impossible to force entry or at least delays entry long enough that you can gather your family in a defensive position with someone in the group dialing 911! All this stuff about dogs (I like dogs as a defense) and 9 rounds of 00 are all fine and wonderful if you have enough time to use them. If you and the family are sitting in the living room watching FauxNews and the bad persons can perform an entry like even a mediocre tactical team (which ain't brain surgery) they will be on you before you can even realize what happened. So if one is going to be real about home defense, then one needs to stop fantasizing about gun fights at the O.K. Coral and get real.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:13 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,954,062 times
Hear the dogs go off, tell my wife to lay low, Tell the bad guys I'll shoot, Call the Fire Dept becuase they will come. If the Fire Dept takes too long they will need to wash the mess off my ft steps.

12 ga shot guns are a little messey. Just before the steps get rinsed of mung I will take the bag guys hairs for my collection of scalps. (If they have hair worth the taking.)

Old 04-12-2011, 08:18 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,203,753 times
My wife grabs the auto 12 gauge and racks a shell as I yell --"Remember to Shoot low honey," while I rack the pump 12 gauge and say "I'll shoot high..."

Old 04-12-2011, 10:27 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,808,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post

If I'm home prepare to meet your maker. If you get past Mr. Teeth you'll have 9 rounds of 00 buck coming your way. If its just my girls and wife you better hope your dead by the Glock19s with crimson trace grips they'll be using because I swear they just love gutting deer and elk. God help you if you're still alive.
Your my hero.
I'm serious! I love that post

Old 04-12-2011, 12:54 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,122,424 times
I do a 'scan' whenever I get home, and just before I go to bed.

As to what I would do:

Pick up the Glock 19 with TRL-1 off the bedside table...

Old 04-12-2011, 03:05 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,669,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Usually, I wait for all the lights to go out before getting my gang of illegal mexicans to enter the home from the front and rear doors. After we have secured the living areas, a team goes on to clear the bedrooms. Once we have the hapless family hogtied and gagged in the kitchen we proceed to look for valuables.
haha, i was considering giving an answer as if i was the invader also. nice that the first response was one of that nature.

i count on my dog to buy me a few seconds to grab one of my guns. then i shoot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness