Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 09:15 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,677,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
There isn't a people's militia to worry about. I don't believe in delegated power much and the result is I am not subject to anything I don't want be. The govt has the control of the Mil and the states have their Milita called National Guard.

What I believe is I will have another beer.
Wouldn't it be better if gun lovers were to love their republic enough to be entitled to the character of a well regulated militia that may be necessary to the security of a free State.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2011, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawdog View Post
And pay the same for knives, baseball bats, tire irons, hammers, ax handles, gasoline, boric acid, and the list goes on and on, as all this items can be utilized as weapons and all can kill when illicitly or wrongfully used.
Why should we care what weapons they use if they are in a well regulated militia according to the rule prescribed by our federal Congress?

Why would the People of a given State instruct their representatives to government to deny and disparage a natural right to acquire and posses a form of private property which may include Arms? Would the People of any given State complain about the right to keep and bear Arms, if more gun lovers, loved their republic enough to be entitled to the character of a well regulated militia of the United States.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:34 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
Wouldn't it be better if gun lovers were to love their republic enough to be entitled to the character of a well regulated militia that may be necessary to the security of a free State.
It might indeed be, but the last time a private Milita from the state of Michigan tried that idea the state wasn't very happy about it, meaning the govt of the state not really the people.

To me it seems you are working the meaning backwards. That somehow the reason to bear arms is for the milita which it is in a way. And there is in away, other than it isn't well organized. It is still the LAW.

The gun with a man comes first, and with out that there can be no militia well organized or not.
On the other had if things go farther south than they have you just might get your private state militia with out the state govt involved.

That would be the taking of the state back from the govt of that state and if need be the country back from an illegal governing body.

In that case the country will be a grim place to be for a time, The Military can't by the CONS be used against the people, but that may count for a Governor and his state National Guard, the same guard the st govt holds.

Now the question is will my son take the side against me, and run with the governor? What would you say?

If the feds call in the Army indeed it will be grim but then these Army are also trained to not take illegal orders, and so I don't see that as a problem in the first place.

Over all I don't see any of this taking place at all, and you are in theory.

What if there were no hypothectical theories?

Old 06-26-2011, 09:42 PM

In my opinion, our Second Amendment only applies to a well regulated militia of the United States. Everyone else can simply purchase a form of private property that may include Arms, subject to the police power of a State.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:03 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,271,110 times
Quote:
In my opinion, our Second Amendment only applies to a well regulated militia of the United States. Everyone else can simply purchase a form of private property that may include Arms, subject to the police power of a State.
Well the supreme court doesn't agree with you, and they are the primary check and balance on constitutional matters, they state that the militia clause is purely preamble to the active clause. Which is broader than your definition.

Nor have you addressed the fact that assuming you're 18-45 and male, you're already part of the reserve militia.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:39 AM

Mass is that way about having to spend money to join a gun club, before you can pay a steep fee for a permit, and that is no carry permit. After that you need yet another permit to buy ammo. To Hell With that.

And Holy jumping bug juice you need to pay a fee thru the nose for a carry permit and have a reason why. They can pound salt for that.

I carry there all the time with my NH permit, but Mass doesn't honor THAT. It's just too bad.

If I am caught, all I know is one of us won't be going to dinner if they push the issue.

I am willing to over look the Infringment they cause , and if said LEO is willing to over look illegal state laws, we both get to go home.

I am not about to change for Mass or NY. I am legal where I am, I will be legal when I get back, and thats all I need to know.

I owned my first gun on my 6th birthday. My son has, and I am guessing his son will.

You probably think the Cops will come and Protect you. Well in my case they refused. I learned a thing about that kind of protection. never again will I allow someone else to do what I can do better.

I am getting ready to go off this property today, and instead of the 1 gun I carry here all the time, I will carry 2 guns, which I do any time I leave this place.

Doing that only gives me a 50-50 chance. These bleedinhearts who have a Catch and Release system for the violent offenders made it this way for me. I didn't make it this way and untill it;s fixed I will carry for the rest of my life no matter what any paper laws says.

With my Bride we rode a motorcycle to see the USA from NH to Cal and back making some 15,000 miles doing it and I was armed with 2 guns that whole way. The only times I talked to cops was asking directions.

I was very ammused by the signs at Yellowstone stating it was a park and not a forest. No firearms allowed. Yeah right... Sure did they expect me to drop the guns under their foolish sign?

I moved from Fla to Mass in 76 and in mass on I-90 they had threatening signs there too. I got my permit there, but not till I was approved. In the doing the chief of police came to understand I already had the guns. He asked Didn't you see the signs on I-90? I said yeah did that mean to dump the guns there on the ground too? He said NO.

Turned out that chief used his own Mass Issue side arm to blow out his brains. I saved that junk paper permit just for that reason. Papers don't mean squat unless someone really plans to honor them. So go create more draconian paper tiger laws and I will simply ignor them.

Most Free Men do.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Well the supreme court doesn't agree with you, and they are the primary check and balance on constitutional matters, they state that the militia clause is purely preamble to the active clause. Which is broader than your definition.

Nor have you addressed the fact that assuming you're 18-45 and male, you're already part of the reserve militia.
Everyone else can simply purchase a form of private property that may include Arms, subject to the police power of a State. It could be considered a States' right protected under our Tenth Amendment.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:16 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,593,655 times
Quote:
Everyone else can simply purchase a form of private property that may include Arms, subject to the police power of a State. It could be considered a States' right protected under our Tenth Amendment.
The Supreme Court decided that the Second Amendment applies to the states in a decision subsequent to Heller.

When Franklin Roosevelt had a congressional stooge introduce the National Firearms Act it originally carried provisions including all handguns as well as machine guns, short shotguns etc. Congressional Committee chairman were far more powerful in those days; the committee chairman. a Texas Democrat, refused to schedule the bill. Roosevelt summoned him to the White House. After the meeting the chairman allowed the bill to proceed; the provision on handguns was removed.

The gun control people are losing; they're very sore losers. I'm not posting a response because I believe this poster has legitimate questions. I'm posting this to inform my fellow gun rights supporters of some lesser known history of proposed confiscatory gun taxes if they don't have this information.

Gun control advocates try to disrupt discussions of guns wherever they can; apparently their organizations suggest it.. Let's now talk about the guns we love. Let political debate stay in the Politica subforum.

Last edited by Happy in Wyoming; 06-27-2011 at 09:16 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 06-27-2011, 10:15 AM

But Dan, I don't plan to live in your Utopia Police State. No Free Men will allow that sort of thing. And having a mess of guns makes sure that never can happen.

I don't need Police permission to buy a gun either. I go to the gun store, and pick out what ever I can afford, a phone call is made to NICS to see if I am a Felon. This takes 5 minutes and is an Infringment, one I can sort of live with. And in 15 minutes I have selected paid for and been approved and out the door I go.

I don't like that I must pass NICS each time I buy a gun though. I have passed NICS many many times. I have passed DARE which is even worse, and almost turned down the job, because i was offened at the questions. It took many staff members to convince me I should allow the questions anyway, as the School Admin really wanted my specialized primitve services.

That's as much Police State crapolla as I will tollerate.

Also I used to make a part of earning doing living history in schools, using displays of items for many different times thousands of years apart. Each time in a school I was asked if I could be someone from any times between 8,000 years ago to anoput 200 years ago. And I can.

The last time I did however was the very same day of Columbine. By a paper contract to be hired, and to protect me from getting shot down on the school steps, something not very desirable to me, I created the contracts.

A part of it caused the school admin to inform the Police i would be there hired for that time, and mention which century I would be in. Any weapons , fire starting, and other weas included.

So this last day thousands of miles awau from Co in NH I was greeted at the school by 12 MH State Troopers. A total breach of contract. I could have left right then and still got paid.

One Trooper grinned at my in my Buck Skins and sauntered over to say' NO Weapons, and NO fires.' ' Can you still do your show?'

As the other 11 Troopers stood back also grinning I Looked my Trooper in the eye having to look up a little to get that done and Grinned right back and Said Oh Sure, and reached for a strap dress I made for my wife and held that to his chest as if he were going to try it on.

I got a standing ovation by the other 11 Troopers, and they learned right there I was a little wild cat that wasn't going to take their BS a bit.

They hung all the live long day too, I didn't even charge extra.

I am not sure how the St Admin cleared that time, but I don't really care. All I know is 12 Troopers cost my state a lot more than I got.

And doncha know, before it was all over I was asked by the Troopers to fire the Musket and start 2 fires anyway?

You have a good time in your Police State, but keep me the Hell out it.

To save you some time, because i know you will come back and ask Isn't Better bla bla bla, my answer is it is not, and nor should it be, much over it will NEVER be.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:31 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
Desert Eagle 50 cal, a hit anywhere is almost gauranteed to be a stopper. Problem is, most people would have a hard to being accurate and the pistol would be laying on the ground after the first shot....kickback is terrific.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness