Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 10:27 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
Do not ever forget that ANY mercenaries ,or contractor,is loyal only to who pays them at the time. U.S. military, on the other hand, take an oath to protect America against ALL enemies foreign or domestic. Mercenaries are only loyal to the money.
You paint with a wide brush not only with your labels but in assuming you know what motivates every individual fighting on foreign soil. Maybe you should try some sources outside of alter-net ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 11:27 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,125,362 times
Quote:
Do not ever forget that ANY mercenaries ,or contractor,is loyal only to who pays them at the time. U.S. military, on the other hand, take an oath to protect America against ALL enemies foreign or domestic. Mercenaries are only loyal to the money.

REALLY?

Are you "Only loyal to your boss, or your job"???

NO OTHER Loyalties?

After all, THEY PAY YOU AT THE TIME!

You see, there is a diferientation between mercenaries and contractors.
It's obvious you've never known any, but you might benefit from a simple dictionary to note the differences.

MY oath of enlistment didn't have a expiration date, Nether did it for the guys at the VA hospital I was at today, Nor the 40 year old former serviceman who has been out for 12 years, nor my buddies getting a more fair payment for risking their lives right now in some of the worlds hotspots!

Old 05-24-2011, 05:38 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,677,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
You paint with a wide brush not only with your labels but in assuming you know what motivates every individual fighting on foreign soil. Maybe you should try some sources outside of alter-net ?
This is just silly.

I don't assume I know. Unless you've been in live fire combat you will never know what motivates killing.

As to alter net.....you don't like my source then offer one better if you can.

Old 05-24-2011, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
REALLY?

Are you "Only loyal to your boss, or your job"???

NO OTHER Loyalties?

After all, THEY PAY YOU AT THE TIME!

You see, there is a diferientation between mercenaries and contractors.
It's obvious you've never known any, but you might benefit from a simple dictionary to note the differences.

MY oath of enlistment didn't have a expiration date, Nether did it for the guys at the VA hospital I was at today, Nor the 40 year old former serviceman who has been out for 12 years, nor my buddies getting a more fair payment for risking their lives right now in some of the worlds hotspots!
This is just strange desperation. Very strange.......

If you are ex-military then you would despise merc's (contractors) for the low lifes they are. But you don't and I wonder why.........

Old 05-24-2011, 06:04 PM

Quote:
This is just strange desperation. Very strange.......

If you are ex-military then you would despise merc's (contractors) for the low lifes they are.
But you don't and I wonder why.........

Odd... I guess that explains all the Former, honorably discharged, often decorated combat vets who BECOME contractors!

Very strange...

Methinks you know not of which you speak!

(It's also interesting how you profess to speak for EVERYONE in your post just before the one I'm quoting as well as this one... Help got out God much?)

Old 05-25-2011, 10:23 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,509,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
And those training facilites were open to members of the general public if they had a clean record and were willing/able to fork over the fee for the associated class. The problem with that was what exactly?
Sorry, m'lady. I missed this on the first go-round.

I have no problem with people taking the training. However, I was voicing a concern about the potential use of mercenaries/contractors within our own borders by an oppressive government.

A quick aside: From my perspective, the fact that someone has a clean record does not mean they're fine and upstanding patriots. Ted Bundy, for example, had a clean record. So did David Berkowitz, aka The Son of Sam. So did Ted Kaczynski, aka The Unabomber. For that matter, so did Eric David Harris and Dylan Bennet Klebold at the very moment they perpetrated the Columbine High School Massacre.

Now, back to the central point. People are not the problem; its the organizations that I'm concerned about. For purposes of example only, how difficult would it be for an organization like Blackwater to recruit, train, organize and deploy entire cadres of people whose loyalties were to the company and its customers, rather than to the Constitution? Given time, the disturbing and chilling answer is NOT DIFFICULT AT ALL. How could an organization do it? One of the better ways would be to provide training to all citizens with clean records who wanted it, and to carefully observe/test them as they go thru the program.

Any military intelligence professional will tell you that CAPABILITY, not intent, is the critical factor. Intent is driven by motivation, and motivation can change rapidly. I think I've pretty well stated that the capability is alive and well, so we need to be ever-vigilant. Does that make sense?

Regards as always,

-- Nighteyes

Last edited by Nighteyes; 05-25-2011 at 10:35 AM..

Old 05-25-2011, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Odd... I guess that explains all the Former, honorably discharged, often decorated combat vets who BECOME contractors!

Very strange...

Methinks you know not of which you speak!

(It's also interesting how you profess to speak for EVERYONE in your post just before the one I'm quoting as well as this one... Help got out God much?)
You don't wish to discuss you wish to bicker and I'm not going down that road ..............

Old 05-25-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
You don't wish to discuss you wish to bicker and I'm not going down that road ..............
Meaning, you cannot respond to the FACT
That many of them are vets...

Ok then

Old 05-26-2011, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Meaning, you cannot respond to the FACT
That many of them are vets...

Ok then
I know many are vets but many of those "vets" were discharged under less than honorable conditions.

Old 05-27-2011, 11:34 AM

Ex-Blackwater chief's new army causes alarm in Persian Gulf | World | Deutsche Welle | 27.05.2011
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness