Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 06:09 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,009,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
That would be the 3 point....
Sorry, can't agree. Every 3 point I've tried has an annoying habit of hanging up on LBE and rapidly becoming a general PITA.

I own several 3 points and made an honest attempt at learning to like them. Having made those attempts all of my 3 points have assumed a likely permanent position of being draped over the top of my gun safe.

I believe they're a lot like the one size fits all items offered on the home shopping channels. They succeed in doing many things poorly.

Rather than further hijacking an interesting thread I'll refrain from making additional comments.

Last edited by outbacknv; 08-21-2011 at 07:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 07:02 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Outbacknv, I might like to see a pic, or a link to one on line, 3 point sling that is.

I know how that feels with holsters. I have a slew of holsters for concealed carry for 1911 like guns, Govt, Kimber, etc, that just don't seem to fit me right. Some I made, some are leather, others a plastic, and they drag my belt, pull on my shirts and stick out funny seated.

My being built like a stick doesn't help either. What almost works best is simply stuffing the gun inside my pants with a snug belt, but that has a lot of problems too, for the gun's finiish , it's retention, and me.

Old 08-22-2011, 07:26 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,009,982 times
Here you go Mac;

Wilderness Giles Tactical Sling - YouTube

Giles Tactical Rifle Sling, SWAT Sling

Old 08-22-2011, 07:36 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
The link works best for me. I am to rural for cable. We do have satilite here, but I don't run my pc on it. A puff of a cloud or a little snow kill that connection. It's faster when it works. Oops! spoke too soon, they have the point covered by the go arrow icon.

Ok I see the bottom of the page on the link has a still photo, and they have a mag holder on the wrong side of the cheek hold on the stock too! I shoot lefty.

I could definately get all tangled up in that.

Old 08-28-2011, 05:55 PM

191 posts, read 180,809 times
Get a pocket pistol, and front pants pocket rig, and all that trouble goes away, dude. A full sized 1911 is just not a ccw gun. It takes a big man with lots of desire and discipline to always wear a Lw Commander, in fact. If you want to, you can have a pocket 9mm that delivers almost 500 ft lbs, much more than the 1911 can do if you stupidly choose 230 gr jhp's. the latter are going to slow to expand in flesh and blood. I test on animals, and I KNOW. What it does in jello is irrelevant, guys.

Any 9mm can be rechambered to 356TSW, and the .100" longer, stronger, straightwalled case will let you get 45 grs to 2200 fps, still controlable in a little pocket 9mm, 500 ft lbs, and if you make that bullet out of aluminum, it will expand or break into 3 segments just fine. Each segment will tumble, making its own wound channel, too. :-). The .45 has 350 ft lbs, but wastes about 1/3rd of that power on the far side of your attacker, due to lack of expansion of such heavy, slow bullets.

Frontiersmen carried 6 ft long, 12 lb muzzleloaders all day, along with a possibles pouch and powder horn, doing MUCH harder work, for more hours than anyone does today. You can't find a way to sling a 6 lb M4? Sheesh. Leave a hole in the fence, set a snare and/or several steel traps in front of it, presto, no more fox problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness