U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 09:13 PM

29,990 posts, read 20,037,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
............You know your body better than anyone else and you know when something is out of the ordinary. Take care of yourself and don't be too stubborn to seek help when you need it.
I think this is key. Know your body well enough to recognize when it is telling you something is not right. Don't ignore that little voice that tells you to get something checked out. Don't just blow off getting to the doctor. With the really bad diseases like Cancer and some others, early detection is the key to cure or longer life with improved quality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2011, 09:35 PM

6,379 posts, read 2,815,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i have a lota dead friends that did not believe in doctors.
-----an okinawa expression. 1/2 shamen 1/2 doctor
go to doctor but also go to shamen.
I don't believe in doctors; they disgust me. Many of them aren't in it to make people better- it's all about the money.
Some of the most ignorant people I've ever met are doctors, so go figure.
The way the pharmaceutical companies cut deals w/ these docs, it's really a scam

Old 10-22-2011, 10:10 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,700,965 times
Quote:
Sheesh, I wouldn't want to be your friend. Sounds like dangerous business.

It's an awfully colored statement to say that all the people you know who've died saw doctors since, you know, most people do see doctors especially as their health starts failing.

You just have to be in charge of your health. It's stupid (yes, stupid) to refuse to see a doctor because of some asinine conspiracy theory, just as it's stupid to run to a doctor for every ache, pain, or twinge that you feel.

The medical community is not out to get you and you're not a victim of the system if you take an aspirin when you have a headache. You know your body better than anyone else and you know when something is out of the ordinary. Take care of yourself and don't be too stubborn to seek help when you need it.
By now you should know that on this forum it's all about extremes....

Old 10-22-2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
I don't believe in doctors; they disgust me. Many of them aren't in it to make people better- it's all about the money.
Some of the most ignorant people I've ever met are doctors, so go figure.
The way the pharmaceutical companies cut deals w/ these docs, it's really a scam
True. But, there are still good doctors around. The problem is finding one. Medicine is in essence a business. The "free" or not so free market forces do not work when it comes to putting a price on human life and well-being. Pure capitalism's objective is producing wealth and doctors are just following the path to producing wealth in the easiest way possible....

Old 10-22-2011, 11:39 PM

12,890 posts, read 12,466,639 times
Quote:
Sheesh, I wouldn't want to be your friend. Sounds like dangerous business.
Actually, people that are allowed into my "circle" are a LOT safer than those who aren't in there.

Quote:
It's an awfully colored statement to say that all the people you know who've died saw doctors since, you know, most people do see doctors especially as their health starts failing.
I didn't SAY "all" - I said "a lot".

Reading comprehension and retention - one of the 8 Pillars of Eternal Happiness.

Quote:
You just have to be in charge of your health. It's stupid (yes, stupid) to refuse to see a doctor because of some asinine conspiracy theory, just as it's stupid to run to a doctor for every ache, pain, or twinge that you feel.
Did I mention conspiracy theories? No, I did not.

Quote:
The medical community is not out to get you and you're not a victim of the system if you take an aspirin when you have a headache. You know your body better than anyone else and you know when something is out of the ordinary. Take care of yourself and don't be too stubborn to seek help when you need it.
I'm a Doctor of Oriental Medicine (OMD).

I'm quite capable of taking care of myself, and have, in any situation short of being run over by a train. Thankfully, there are no trains in my town.

I've healed myself after having a sword put into my lower back and piercing my kidney. I've treated my own knife, bottle, brick and bat wounds. I've set my own bones. I've stitched myself. I've used pressure-points, acupuncture, herbs and energy healing.

... and a few Band-Aids. I WILL grant you that.

All this, without need of a doctor. I rarely get sick like the sheeple do. The one time or so a year I get a cold or flu, it's over within a day or two. I'm strong, I'm smart and I maintain my health by practicing taijiquan and qigong and taking my own herbal supplements. I "tune" myself with acupuncture. I meditate. I don't take any RX or OTC medications - not even aspirin. I don't need them, I don't trust them, and I wouldn't pay the exorbitant prices asked for them.

Thanks for playing!

Old 10-22-2011, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I think this is key. Know your body well enough to recognize when it is telling you something is not right. Don't ignore that little voice that tells you to get something checked out. Don't just blow off getting to the doctor. With the really bad diseases like Cancer and some others, early detection is the key to cure or longer life with improved quality.
They've cured cancer? Damn, I missed that copy of The Lancet.

"Improved quality"? Really? Ever know someone on chemo? Did you kneel over the toilet with them every time they ate? Ever watch them go in repeatedly to "just take a small section out"? Watch them get weaker and weaker as the docs tell them "Hey, you never know - tomorrow you might go into remission!"?

That isn't living - that's existing. And a poor existence at that.

Early detection does two things: it allows the medicos more time to surgically withdraw your cash, and more time for you to be suicidally depressed. That's ALL it does.

Yes, there ARE cases of remission. But anything Stage II or higher (speaking generally, of course), you're throwing the dice - something that can be accomplished with much more dignity on your own than in the hands of the medical "profession".

Old 10-22-2011, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ognend View Post
By now you should know that on this forum it's all about extremes....
It isn't about extremes.

If anything, especially in THIS particular forum, it's about the sheeple, the wolves and the sheepdogs. Each has their place in Nature, and in this forum.

It's all about balance.

Old 10-23-2011, 02:38 AM

373 posts, read 296,048 times
Default Most MD's are just greedy biz people

Most MD's are just greedy biz people. They do have a place just like we need a few lawyers and there some good decent and well meaning ones.
And your average biz person does tend to have some decent values.

But the medical establishment can rob and kill you. Makes me start to get ill thinking about them.....

We have the costliest health care system on the planet with dubioius results.

I have lttle use for them other then handling a fracture or a burn.

Excercise, Diet and Knowlege of Supplements. I was reading Michael Savage long before he became a talk show host.

Old 10-23-2011, 07:27 AM

4,179 posts, read 5,548,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
I've healed myself after having a sword put into my lower back and piercing my kidney. I've treated my own knife, bottle, brick and bat wounds. I've set my own bones. I've stitched myself. I've used pressure-points, acupuncture, herbs and energy healing.
Note to self - DO NOT invite SifuPhil over for any reason.
People apparently come for miles just to attack him!!

Old 10-23-2011, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
It isn't about extremes.

If anything, especially in THIS particular forum, it's about the sheeple, the wolves and the sheepdogs. Each has their place in Nature, and in this forum.

It's all about balance.
Where is the balance if you outright reject all medicine and medical establishment? Not all doctors are bad, a lot of them are but a lot of them are good too. Yes, medicine is a business in the United States but that's what you get when you assign monetary value to human (or animal) health and life. Doesn't mean that there are no good doctors around despite the system. Balance is taking care of yourself the best way you can (without being extreme) but acknowledging that you don't live in a bubble and that you may get ill with any bad or not so bad prognosis. When you do, you will need the doctors and the hospitals...Anyone sane and normal tries to stay out of the hospital but sometimes it is what it is. That's balance, IMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness