Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 03:26 AM

4,176 posts, read 10,667,898 times

Advertisements

As a politician, it really bugged me when they did those maneuvers in our town as well.
If you spoke out against them, you were "unpatriotic" because you didn't want US military skulking through your streets at night, choppers landing in the football field, and all sorts of overt and covert ops in your neighborhoods.

Like the mayor said, though - and I had to agree - there were no criminals out for the three nights they did it... not even a prostitute. They were nice folks, very polite and friendly as the military folks usually are, and when they weren't running their ops, people brought their children out to meet them and look at the helicopters and equipment.

Still, it bothered me. I didn't want my kids to get used to armed soldiers walking/running through their neighborhood, darting here and there, or hearing choppers diving and weaving or even stationary over the house and their schools and play yards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 03:41 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,154,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Sounds to me like they're busy giving the conspiracy theorists some grist for their mills.
Let's hope and pray the theorists are wrong and it has nothing to do with NDAA.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Here's something to consider regarding the practicality of mass imprisonment.
The Germans imprisoned untold millions while fighting a war on two fronts. In peacetime it would be easy. Nowadays they can know exactly where we are at any given time.

Old 01-27-2012, 04:58 AM

7,487 posts, read 10,459,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
You don't need to fantasize about FEMA. Remember Waco.
I remember Waco, and Ruby Ridge as well. I felt the attacks were the start of something evil and intrusive starting in this country. That said, both were guilty of lousy OP SEC, allowing their personal affairs to become known outside the compound or family circle, and once they had attracted law enforcement attention, they continued to engage in 'illegal' activities that they probably could have continued if it were kept under wraps. Once you engage the sheriff, police, or even the judges in court, it's time to revert to stealth mode...and these folks didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Nowadays they can know exactly where we are at any given time.
Only if we let them. Lots of people keep their cell phones on them at all times, usually 'on'; lots use "On Star" on their GM or other vehicles; and let's face it, most of us are downright careless at times, being so busy with our daily lives that we scarcely give any thought to who may be watching or taking notes. I'll guarantee that ALL of us regularly forget about the satellites constantly circling the earth, constantly photographing everything everywhere. The photos the gubmint gets are far sharper and more revealing than anything you'll ever see on Google Earth.

But if you are willing to unshackle yourself from technology, move around at night, stay under cover while conducting business, pop on a magnetized tag plate different than your own, keep your yap shut, and generally proceed in stealth mode, you can elude detection for quite a long while. We have been trained to live our lives 'out in the open', but we can re-train ourselves. I know I have been in places where no one could tell I was, or at least who I was, and was unreachable by those nosy (and noisy) phones. Could you exist for 24 hours without one?

Old 01-27-2012, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
we can re-train ourselves. I know I have been in places where no one could tell I was, or at least who I was, and was unreachable by those nosy (and noisy) phones. Could you exist for 24 hours without one?
OK. It's possible. Are we prepared to live that way? For how long? Can't we repeal this dictatorial government in November much more easily?

Old 01-27-2012, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
OK. It's possible. Are we prepared to live that way? For how long? Can't we repeal this dictatorial government in November much more easily?
No.

Can't you see that it doesn't matter who 'wins'? I'm no fan of the current administration, and didn't vote that way. I won't even bother to vote this time. Anyone who wins WILL do as they are told, or face the Kennedy fate. So they'll be happy to oblige, and just take the money, thank you.

Until Americans (and Europeans, and the British, etc) wake up and understand that the bankers, globalists, and big corporations control the purse strings of ALL sovereigns, these problems will not be solved. It takes money -- lots of it -- to control a "dictatorial" government.

If you really want answers. look to people like George Soros, Henry Kissinger, David Rockefeller, Zbigniew Brzezinski, the British monarchy, Bill and Melinda Gates, the Rothschild clan, and members of CFR and Trilateral Commission. These folks are the ones running the world today. The US presidency has become largely a symbolic position, with little real power.

This will end in revolution. Most of these folks are getting very old, and will pass into the next life soon. Meanwhile, real power and wealth are passing from the West to the Middle East and far East. China, Russia, OPEC, India, and many of the African and South American nations are on the rise. America will live on, but not the way it was during our lives so far. The best of America is gone, for the time being and well into the future. Without revolution and a turning back to localized commerce and community, we cannot escape loss of liberty and wealth.

Old 01-27-2012, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
No.
I follow what you're saying, but couldn't Ron Paul make a difference if the legislature was voted out at the same time? I understand the Kennedy solution, but I think Paul's at that point in his life where he's willing to take that chance.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:00 AM

Sure, Ron Paul would be an excellent choice. But there's only so much one man can do. Even Paul knows that he won't be elected, that he's seen as a threat to the status quo. We have a looonnnngg way to go, before one man can change all of this. It's too deeply entrenched, and the most Paul can hope for is to awaken a few more people, which is really all he's trying to do. Remember, he'd be 76 by the time he was even sworn in!

What We the People could do, is to vote out every incumbent at every level of gubmint, regardless of party, at every election. Congress will never vote in term limits for themselves. They make a career out of it. That's a big part of our problem, right there. But you won't find significant voters to do this, IMHO.

We also need to split up the big banks so NONE of them are "too big to fail". But that won't happen, either.

In the end, things will take their inevitable course...collapse. It can happen peacefully, or it can happen with a lot of misery and suffering. Those on this board are preparing for the latter. One presidential election or another, won't solve our problems.

I gotta get to work!

Old 01-27-2012, 07:57 AM

4,176 posts, read 10,667,898 times
If you want to see the political mindset of this country, a tiny microcosm is over at the "Politics and Other Controversies" forum.

Class warfare is encouraged, as is fighting over things like abortion and gay marriage, while America buys cheap and easy crap with built-in obsolescence from overseas, steadily unemploying its own citizens. People still firmly believe that the government owes them a living, as long as they can have their smart-phones and iPods, their giant plasma TVs and their mindless TV shows. Even if there was a Ron Paul "RLOVEution" in this country, you would still have to vote out the Pelosis, McCains, Bidens, and Grahams - all of the bought-and-paid-for politicians who drown the airwaves with their accomplishments (paid for by the people who most profited from those accomplishments) so that sincere, honest, truly independent-thinking people can't get a foot in the door, can't reverse or stop or even slow down the madness. Usually the few who do make it in are seduced or commanded by their Parties to fall in line and vote for whatever their Party Masters tell them. We called it "Potomac River Fever" - you drink the water in Washington and suddenly you have the fever to get re-elected, and get told by members of your Party that you won't be unless you do as you are told, take the grift, speak the right words, or shut up. You would need a majority of Ron Pauls in the House and Senate to stop the political juggernaut - and that simply isn't going to happen. There's too much money to be made otherwise.

And besides - look how easy it is to make the mouthbreathers drool, pant, roll over, bark insanely, on command! Within a month they had inserted their mouthpieces into the Tea Party and corrupted it, and faltering Fox News made millions on that corruption, and still leads that pack. The Occupiers were even less focussed and adamant, and were simple to control. Any "Revolution" of words and bodies without forceful and positive direction and goals, will be quickly and easily corrupted into thinking what they are told to think, voting for whom they are told to vote. The POTUS' recent SOTU address was written and spoken to do exactly that to the Occupiers - watch his body language! - it was a carefully crafted manipulation of class warfare. And the directionless people who only know "Something's not right, and someone needs to do something!" - will fall for it - every time.

Sorry, Nor'Eastah, but I don't see any "revolution" any time in the near future. People are too eager to believe that someone else will do the work of saving them, and will pant after first, this, than that, bought-and-paid-for magician to make bunnies of love and sheaves of Monopoly money appear out of thin air. Unless and until the grocery trucks stop coming to town, bringing the cheap food bought at the lowest price from who-cares-where, people will still be chasing after the politicos who promise them that they have a right to a chicken in every pot, and a Lexus in every McMansion driveway, as well as a right to tell their neighbors what to do and how to live.

Old 04-21-2012, 03:45 PM

52 posts, read 74,859 times
Default got here late.

too bad this thred died so fast, it has some good stuff in it. before i explain why i agree mostly with nor easter and completely with granny i'll give my experience with fema.
it seems their most important job is wasting our money and getting in the way.
bless her liberal heart, my late wife was worked for a small rural county as the fema and homeland security grant getter. if i could list all the goodies and how many millions they cost you might rightfully say i exagerate. events that could only happen 100 miles away are no obstacle. she was quite popular with everyone too. the dirty little secret was that she was the only outed liberal for 50 miles. all those aleged conservative farm famalies lining up at the trough to slop was a sight to see. of course as a devoute libertarian i was able to remain holier than thou without them knowing about my own hog trough slopping past.

i agree with noreaster about follow the money trail back to those groups and people but don't see a revolution at the polls or a revolution of the sheeple. remember the republican rev.. we bought into that here in mt. had 2/3 majorities in both houses and gov. mansion and got same old s... different day. first thing they did is cave in on dead beat dad law that had little to do with that and lots to do with more control. they said our highway funds were threatened if they didn't accept it. at the time i was part of 2nd amendment movement and clinton had irs going after gun groups and its amazing how fast people left for fear of irs and epa taking what they had. back then you just had to pull one leg off a crickett and throw it in someones lawn and someone would be able to tie up your house over endangered species act. so i think granny is right again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness