U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 04-23-2012, 06:06 PM

2,402 posts, read 1,554,881 times
If it happens, it happens.
Then all the prep will be of good use.

If not... so what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 04-23-2012, 08:28 PM

6,697 posts, read 6,801,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
I don't think it'd happen in an election year, the presidential election is usually where all of the pent-up social unrest gets channelled into as suddenly people feel empowered instead of helpless, and it is feeling powerless that often leads to those riots. It also keeps the public neatly divided and politicized, so I don't see collective action of any sort going down until afterwards.
Disagree. I think there is going to major problems at the RNC in Tampa in August.

If you know anything about Tampa or FL in general, they're a day late and a dollar short and more reactive than proactive when it comes to many issues.

They got the RNC by default as Phoenix was not a city that either party was going to pick due to the controversy over the racial profiling of Hispanics at traffic stops. So that knocked Phoenix out of the top slot.

The convention is 4 months away and they still don't know where they're going to let protesters protest.

Yes they have hosted Super Bowls, but this is a different animal.

I have a feeling they have bit off more than they can chew.

Unread 04-23-2012, 09:28 PM

9,267 posts, read 3,917,300 times
I also know there has been a call to do something on November 5th, 2012. How big will it be? I don't know. Is it just more than protesting? I don't know. Will it be anything more than another OWS type crap, I don't know....I just know it's being planned.

I search the internet for this crap...I like to know what idiots are planning.

Unread 04-23-2012, 09:43 PM

7,628 posts, read 3,652,538 times
This may be a harbinger of things to come.
A mob of 20 African Americans beat Matthew Owens so badly that he's in critical condition. As the attackers walked away, leaving Owen bleeding on the ground, Owens' sister, Ashley Parker says one of them said "Now thats justice for Trayvon."
Man Beaten By Mob, In Critical Condition | WKRG

Apparently, racial bigotry and prejudice have swung to the other side, and "democracy" (mob rule) raises its ugly head. Any evil behavior is now justified by association with an unrelated incident, in another state.

Unread 04-24-2012, 06:00 AM

68,249 posts, read 28,788,348 times
I see racial tensions growing. I also see the Fed spurring it on (DOJ/President comments on Martin case). There now have been several "isolated" beatings due to this case.

Unread 04-24-2012, 06:09 AM

4,180 posts, read 4,951,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Apparently, racial bigotry and prejudice have swung to the other side, and "democracy" (mob rule) raises its ugly head. Any evil behavior is now justified by association with an unrelated incident, in another state.
True, jetgraphics, but that's nothing new. Any excuse for violence will be used by violent people who firmly believe in their own entitlement. They don't see their victims as even human, just something to victimize. This dehumanization of each other, and disassociation from others, is encouraged by the media and pols alike, to further their own ends.

Unread 04-24-2012, 06:36 AM

4,180 posts, read 4,951,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I also know there has been a call to do something on November 5th, 2012. How big will it be? I don't know. Is it just more than protesting? I don't know. Will it be anything more than another OWS type crap, I don't know....I just know it's being planned.

I search the internet for this crap...I like to know what idiots are planning.
The group (and who knows how large they really are, or what their motivations truly are?) do not seem to have definable goals or purposes, much like the Occupiers - aside from causing even more upheaval and turmoil. I mistrust those whose purposes and goals are nebulous, or who shout things like "Everyone deserves a job!" - too reminiscent of Senator Obama's speech on the Senate floor "everyone DESERVES a home!" - a forceful and emotional demand that does not consider causes nor seek to alleviate them. From what I have seen, this group's videos and postings are a perfect foil to drive the nation and even the world right over the edge of anarchy into slavery - and it makes me wonder if they are the strawman put up by "the controllers" to do exactly that. At the same time, I saw how easily corrupted and infiltrated the "Tea Party" group was by self-empowerment-seeking "leadership"; they lost their purpose and direction almost immediately and started espousing the same corrupted and corruptible candidates for office with different faces.

People - especially masses - can be easily controlled and manipulated by their own self-interest.

My motto - "trust no one".

Unread 04-24-2012, 09:26 AM

5,510 posts, read 7,038,229 times
I live in a small to medium-sized college town that is usually pretty sleepy, unless there is something that easily manipulated people feel like getting their panties all up in a wad about. Then those people generally go out and do stupid things like chain doors closed and hold up signs with misspelled words and think that when cars honk as they drive by they are supporting their cause instead of trying to annoy them. lol

We've recently had KONY protests and we had one of the last remaining OWS campouts in our state until some guy got killed, they found sex offenders living in tents with runaway children, and the campers refused to stop doing drugs and making bonfires... so finally they closed the camp.

Anyway - I am unfortunately expecting some kind of protest, riot, etc. this summer and perhaps early fall. But the way it works in our town... unless you are a city councilor, and unless you have to go downtown to do any business, then if you're smart you can avoid the mess.

If you are a city councilor, the rioters and activists will send loud, naked women to your door with messages written on their jiggly chests.

Unread 04-24-2012, 09:32 AM

1,916 posts, read 2,301,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
If you are a city councilor, the rioters and activists will send loud, naked women to your door with messages written on their jiggly chests.
Boy oh boy, THAT must get some attention!

Unread 04-24-2012, 09:34 AM

5,510 posts, read 7,038,229 times
Yep, it was all over the news and the girls have their own YouTube channel now. lol

A family with their kids were walking by, and the parents were interviewed by the local news, and they were complaining that their young children were scared of the naked breasts. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness