Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 08:06 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,455,921 times

Advertisements

Personally I think He has an escape hatch but if he didn't how long do you think he could last if the cops don't plan on going in?

Authorities wait out Washington slaying suspect holed up in a bunker - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2012, 08:20 AM

4,176 posts, read 10,649,862 times
Kinda reminds me of the old George Carlin line - "A man has barricaded himself inside his house; however, he is not armed and nobody is paying any attention to him."

What's the punishment he is likely to get for the murders? Incarceration in a small cell over a long period of time. What's he doing right now? Exactly what the judicial system will do to him - locking him up and restricting his freedom of movement. Seems kind of stupid to me.

As for how long he stays - who cares. Eventually he will come out. As for the hidden escape hatch - it would be wise to have one, but whether he does or not, or uses it or not - what happens, happens.

From where I sit, this is just another news item solely to show how crazy preppers are - and to make folks notice and be aware of 'those crazy preppers who are actually criminals and potential criminals living among you, who endanger your lives and safety'. Sort of like how the media made Randy Weaver the bad guy at Ruby Ridge - an armed white supremacist/survivalist who had to be taken down at all costs.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:28 AM

10,567 posts, read 12,762,532 times
SC GRANNY - Great logic...someone should send him a letter explaining what you just said...I would say the man after what he did is either dead by his own hand or soon to be dead...He is already in his grave.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
SC GRANNY - Great logic...someone should send him a letter explaining what you just said...I would say the man after what he did is either dead by his own hand or soon to be dead...He is already in his grave.
Good thought too but it seems like he planned for this. If he still is there I think he is planning death by cop.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:18 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,754,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Good thought too but it seems like he planned for this. If he still is there I think he is planning death by cop.
Sometimes people want to commit suicide but find then can't do the deed themselves. So they commit a crime and always barracade themselves even in public where they are a menace, threat to society and leave the Police with no other choice. Today the authorities are aware of this and try to avoid it. Of course if the idiot who wants to commit suicide falls or moves in the wrong way just as a gun is being fired at their leg or arm it's IMO their own fault they got shot be it in the head or lor vital organs.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:58 AM

25,249 posts, read 18,397,166 times
Not long...

Old 04-29-2012, 08:28 PM

Update. The guy is dead with a self inflicted gunshot to the head.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:34 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,134,511 times
Quote:
Update. The guy is dead with a self inflicted gunshot to the head.

so the cops say, I dont believe the cops most of the time these days.

Old 04-30-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Not hard to foretell the future..the man is dead...what a horror show..I feel sorry for cops who have to deal with these tragic events...The father is dead..the child and his spouse...and for what?

Old 04-30-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
so the cops say, I dont believe the cops most of the time these days.
It does not matter..This man was fanatic and out of touch with reality...One thing he knew is that it was a matter of time..that he would be dead..whether by his own hand or by forcing the hand of law enforcement.

What are cops supposed to do? I think it is horrible if the man was killed by police..Not in that possible fact is what is important..but the fact that the man puts a police officer in the position of forcing them to kill him...Most cops must dread being forced to execute on the spot..the cops that are not horrified by this - should not be cops.

In the alternative...If they waited him out - the man was bound and determined to die..it was a no win situation...This fellow was sick..but sick dogs can still bite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness