Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 09:29 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Truly people love fantasy and fear reality. Last summer some benighted chap told me that there was a secret UN camp in Yellowstone. The people wore UN uniforms and drove vehicles that said UN. Sure.

But we hear virtually nothing about the fact that the Oklahoma National Guard disarmed free citizens in New Orleans. I understand that people are afraid to discuss resisting this sort of behavior but almost no one dares even mention it.

Perhaps the government starts thes fantasies as "bread and circuses" for malcontents.
Agreed. A bit closer to home for my area was the confiscation/theft of firearms/money/jewelry from the gun safes of a post F-5 tornado "secured" Greensburg Kansas. Residents were not allowed back into the area for days, only National Guard, LE, and "reporters" were allowed in during this time. Somehow the gun safes which had survived had been broken open/blow torched open and the contents removed, never to be seen again.

SCGranny, I had not heard about confiscations in Iowa. Was this from the 2008 flooding?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2012, 12:11 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,599,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGranny View Post
Nor do we hear about the people in Iowa who, during the floods, were stripped of their arms and their food supplies by the National Guard, going door-to-door - even though they were well out of the danger of floodwaters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Agreed. A bit closer to home for my area was the confiscation/theft of firearms/money/jewelry from the gun safes of a post F-5 tornado "secured" Greensburg Kansas. Residents were not allowed back into the area for days, only National Guard, LE, and "reporters" were allowed in during this time. Somehow the gun safes which had survived had been broken open/blow torched open and the contents removed, never to be seen again.
I didn't even know about these. It seems we need to look carefully at how we secure our valuables. I'm sure that more than guns disappeared from those safes. The enemy is here right now.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:34 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,930 times
I think there is "something" largely financial going on. I suggest people stay alert, particularly the next few months.

Old 05-15-2012, 01:16 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,273,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ognend View Post
Furthermore, we know the theoretical punishment for any of the crimes that can be committed, proving that they happened (or even acknowledging it) can be a completely different story

OD
Often times, what the official story is, and what actually happens are entirely different. The Military cannot always afford to be completely open and honest in their statements to the public, this is especially true in policing/peacekeeping operations.

Back to the OP...

Let's just for one moment assume that the OP is correct...

OK what will happen? 100k or even 200k Russian soldiers attempt to subjugate the citizenry of the US with or without Federal approval? Given that all US servicemen take an oath to support and defend the constitution of the US against all enemies foreign and domestic.

While it may be argued that if the Commander in Chief orders them to stand down, they would. Is this a valid perspective? Commissioned officers have no statement in the oath that binds them to follow orders, enlisted will follow orders according to the UCMJ. I think you may find that ordering your men to surrender or stand down when clearly outnumbering their enemy and with an operational advantage under UCMJ law may well be seen as Misbehavior before the enemy (10 USC § 899 - Art. 99), and is punishable by death, specifically.

Quote:
(2) shamefully abandons, surrenders, or delivers up any command, unit, place, or military property which it is his duty to defend;
Which kind of applies to any US territory, that may or may not be Federally approved for subjugation.

This applies to ALL officers and enlisted in the US armed forces. Now, remember the enlisted oath to follow orders according to the UCMJ, well that means orders that are lawful. Patently an order that falls under 10 USC § 899 - Art. 99 (2) is obviously not lawful, and thus can be ignored.

However that's a federal level, before even then there's the National Guard which is under control of the Governor of that state, and he would be in the same position as El Presidente under those circumstances.

Finally there's the citizenry, who if there was a bunch of Russians running around subjugating them would have some that are likely to go grab their AR/AK/Hunting rifle and shoot back while yelling "Wolverines!"

From another quote from an 80's movie "Where's your brain?"

Old 05-15-2012, 04:57 PM

2,707 posts, read 6,232,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I guess you aren't serious about prepping
Ya know, I'm serious about "prepping." Been doing it my entire life, actually. However, I'm also pretty serious about sanity.

I like sanity.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:35 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGranny View Post
Nor do we hear about the people in Iowa who, during the floods, were stripped of their arms and their food supplies by the National Guard, going door-to-door - even though they were well out of the danger of floodwaters.

You have a very valid point. The more hysterical people are about what might happen, the less attention they pay to what is really going on, and the more easily they are manipulated and controlled.
Hear, Hear!
Best to scan the horizon.

Old 05-15-2012, 11:00 PM

2,036 posts, read 1,603,591 times
Sounds like this all would have been a better plot than in the original Red Dawn! Just a bit of trivia - Red Dawn was the first movie to be released with a PG-13 rating, and at the time of release it held the record for number of violent scenes in a major motion picture. Go wolverines!!!

Old 05-16-2012, 05:56 AM

4,176 posts, read 10,686,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
SCGranny, I had not heard about confiscations in Iowa. Was this from the 2008 flooding?
Yup.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:31 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,050,932 times
The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming
The Russians Are Coming - YouTube

Old 05-17-2012, 01:31 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,454,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
I think there is "something" largely financial going on. I suggest people stay alert, particularly the next few months.
Right. Right after the crash of the Euro we have weeks to get out of all paper -- anything backed by the dollar--- or so they say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness