Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2013, 08:02 PM

186 posts, read 362,332 times

Advertisements

in the parking lot. :-) How can you call yourself a "prepper" if you don't ccw a pistol and/or don't have real ability with it (along with hand to hand skills? Just ask George Z if you can need H2H skills, just to "buy" yourself time and space in which to deploy your pistol properly! :-) Getting "jumped' is quite common, and very few people's ccw draw is anything like being fast enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2013, 04:23 AM

5,730 posts, read 10,125,362 times
Should I have a suppressed beretta 22, a debarked chawawa, and a assault wheelbarrow?

Old 09-06-2013, 07:32 AM

12,108 posts, read 23,274,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trundle View Post
in the parking lot. :-) How can you call yourself a "prepper" if you don't ccw a pistol and/or don't have real ability with it (along with hand to hand skills? Just ask George Z if you can need H2H skills, just to "buy" yourself time and space in which to deploy your pistol properly! :-) Getting "jumped' is quite common, and very few people's ccw draw is anything like being fast enough.

Because your definition of "prepper" requires carry a pistol around with you all of the time while the definition of "prepper" for other people does not. Pretty simple.

Old 09-06-2013, 08:23 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe from dayton View Post
Because your definition of "prepper" requires carry a pistol around with you all of the time while the definition of "prepper" for other people does not. Pretty simple.
I carry a bucket of water with me so that I'll be "prepped" for the Wicked Witch Of The West.

If YOU don't have a bucket of water, you're not prepped.

Old 09-06-2013, 08:43 AM

25,713 posts, read 18,788,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
Should I have a suppressed beretta 22, a debarked chawawa, and a assault wheelbarrow?
No no... the assault wheelbarrow has some distinct disadvantages when compared to the tactical wheelbarrow. I think you will find, after having undertaken even a cursory bit of research, that the tactical wheelbarrow is going to be worth the slightly higher price tag. Don't let buyer's remorse say I told you so.

As for the OP, the word-of-the-day here is avoidance. "Getting jumped" is not quite common unless you are hanging out in areas you shouldn't be hanging out in. Granted, it CAN happen anywhere, but from a practical perspective the probability approaches zero when you properly pick the time-of-day, location, "neighborhood," and presence of other people.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:17 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,578,245 times
It's called situational awareness, being aware of your surroundings and assessing threats.

I live in Grizzly country, dang things are everywhere and they eat people every year. There are also wolves and cougars, poisonous snakes, ticks and a host of other things either animal or environmental that can end your existence quickly and painfully. If you don't pay attention you may just be the entree', worse that losing your wallet any day

You have to be aware of your surroundings, keep your head on a swivel, see the threat before it becomes a danger, pay attention to what is going on around you, you don't have to wear body armor and push your tactical wheelbarrow up and down the street looking for some low-life to attack you.

No matter if you live in the city or out in the sticks, you have to use your head to avoid confrontation, because if you aren't trying to avoid problems, you are looking for them and are therefore part of the problem.

Just my 2 cents

Old 09-06-2013, 02:11 PM

25,713 posts, read 18,788,778 times
Oh, and I forgot to mention that the tactical wheelbarrow has an optional side pocket to hold up to a mid to large sized debarked chihuahua. The assault wheelbarrow's M60 Machine Gun post gets in the way of that--which many would argue is too much firepower for a wheelbarrow anyway. Rumor has it that the recoil of the 7.62 is a bit much and tends to capsize the wheelbarrow. It is argued that the M2 Carbine is a better choice... which the tactical wheelbarrow allows for (in a quick-access rack) in addition to the debarked chihuahua kennel. So, as you can see, it's just a better value.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness