Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 08:20 AM

43,303 posts, read 44,021,329 times

Advertisements

Try to find 24/7 location. Otherwise as already mentioned go to the location after hours and check if the wifi is on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2013, 08:45 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,710,636 times
Wow, you are so cheap that you actually sit outside closed businesses and suck up their generosity by using their free wifi ???? Bet you are the same guy who steals toilet paper rolls out of public bathrooms to save a few bucks.

Did it ever occur to you that someone else is paying for that wifi time and you are basically stealing it ? They put it there as a courtesy to their paying customers, not freeloaders who want to mooch off of them. Sorry, but I have no patience with cheapskate abusers of the system who think up ways to make others pay for their habits.

You need to start rethinking how you live your life.

Don

Old 09-21-2013, 09:39 AM

25,297 posts, read 18,445,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by docryan View Post
Again with the nonsensical stuff, bored are we. So let's educate one another why don't we, since we're having this little dance.

Define would you for me self sufficiency? Here I'll help to provide for ones own needs.

What's purpose of this area of CD? To share discuss, debate, educate others & oneself on becoming, remaining, self supporting.

What was I asking? Due to being flooded out of a living situation and coupled financial issues, having free Internet access is essential to my way of living, and due to my life never being in a situation such as this before I was unaware of data limitations on my cell and going over those limits skyrocketed my bill to around $500, so wanting to remain self sufficient and not further complicate the current situation I'm in I turned to this resource for helpful insight, which you apparently have none.

So I say to u dear sir/madam enjoy your life and don't waste another moment of your limited time left on earth responding w/ nonsense to someone you don't know or have any interest in helping like me.

I bid u good life!
Someone is overly stressed, eh?

At the risk of causing you an aneurysm, I'm going to inform you that the suggestion to post this question in the frugal living forum WAS ME TRYING TO HELP YOU! It wasn't nonsense or a mean-spirited comment. That IS were they discuss this kind of stuff. I know because I read through it and post there every once in a while. You'd get tons more helpful replies on that forum. In fact, I'm surprised the thread hasn't been moved there yet.

Last edited by ChrisC; 09-21-2013 at 10:08 AM..

Old 09-21-2013, 10:09 AM

3,663 posts, read 5,650,901 times
Quote:
Oops typos my bad was supposed to say wiFi not wife and month not math darn auto correct. You'll b OK, trust me if you have nothing constructive or positive to add no one will be upset if you keep stuff to yourself.

And what does ur post have to do w/ self sufficiency? Let me guess ur hard still held up in bunker or cave waiting for world to end in 2012! Oops :-P
Trust me...ChrisC is a respected member of this sub forum and you it does not bode well for you to load your comments with snark.

We're not a bunch of gamers here.

As a previous poster mentioned, this would probably be better asked in the frugal sub forum.

Old 09-21-2013, 02:17 PM

8,875 posts, read 13,845,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Wow, you are so cheap that you actually sit outside closed businesses and suck up their generosity by using their free wifi ???? Bet you are the same guy who steals toilet paper rolls out of public bathrooms to save a few bucks.

Did it ever occur to you that someone else is paying for that wifi time and you are basically stealing it ? They put it there as a courtesy to their paying customers, not freeloaders who want to mooch off of them. Sorry, but I have no patience with cheapskate abusers of the system who think up ways to make others pay for their habits.

Don
Totally uncalled for!

Old 09-22-2013, 12:28 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,710,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
Totally uncalled for!
So you evidently think it is ok to use someone else's wifi without being a paying customer ?

Don

Old 09-22-2013, 11:04 PM

163 posts, read 423,010 times
Quote:

Don
Well Don I've been an everyday loyal customer of Starbucks since 2010 when 2 coworkers turned me onto their delightful cafe vanilla frapuccino (grande) sometimes twice a day, but let's go w/ once that's $4 multiplied by 30 days = $120mth x 12mths = $1400+/- then x 3yrs = $4300+/-. I think I've more than covered a month of free wiFi if that was how long I used it for but I haven't, per if u can read I stated my cell bill is in excess of almost $500 due to data overages so cheap I'm not, plus I've fought u know what your not worth the energy to type it.

FYI if u have nuttin to add feel free to not say anything. Hope u have better week.

Old 09-22-2013, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Someone is overly stressed, eh?

At the risk of causing you an aneurysm, I'm going to inform you that the suggestion to post this question in the frugal living forum WAS ME TRYING TO HELP YOU! It wasn't nonsense or a mean-spirited comment. That IS were they discuss this kind of stuff. I know because I read through it and post there every once in a while. You'd get tons more helpful replies on that forum. In fact, I'm surprised the thread hasn't been moved there yet.
So u weren't being sarcastic, u were legitimately trying to help OK! :-D

Old 09-22-2013, 11:35 PM

Quote:
So you evidently think it is ok to use someone else's wifi without being a paying customer ?

Don
Oh and Don FYI those places do shut off the servers wiFi when they close, I asked today when I spent another $12 w/ them, so I never quite made it to find out what the slums were like as u so nicely suggested

Old 09-23-2013, 09:03 AM

1,344 posts, read 3,386,878 times
Quote:
Well Don I've been an everyday loyal customer of Starbucks since 2010 when 2 coworkers turned me onto their delightful cafe vanilla frapuccino (grande) sometimes twice a day, but let's go w/ once that's $4 multiplied by 30 days = $120mth x 12mths = $1400+/- then x 3yrs = $4300+/-.
So why not stop spending $1400 per year on coffee and pay off your cell bill and get a better phone plan with the money instead?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness