Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 06:57 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,188,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
Belive whatever you want to belive if it makes living in your fantsay world of fairy dusted privacy victories, But the fact is, you may have your medical records but so does the medical professional you just saw. I don't care what they told you, they are required by law to keep those copies and NO medical professional is going to jepordize their license over some dillusional privacy nut. They have your records, pure and simple. However, if it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, believe whatever you want/ I'm just making sure everyone else who reads this understand that you are just making an emplty, factless statement and if they think for a second they can get the only copies of the records kept safely in their hands, they are wrong.

don't worry, just keep believe you know what you are talking about and believe that you will always be a sheep. you can have your records taken out of any clinic just by asking. they are yours and not the clinics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2014, 09:48 PM

13,130 posts, read 20,951,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
you can have your records taken out of any clinic just by asking. they are yours and not the clinics.
Nobody is saying that isn't true! Of course you can get your medical records The UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT requires all medical professionals to give you your records. That is the law that anyone can excercise when they want. I never said that wasn't fact.

What I'm calling BS is the following portion of your statements:
Quote:
carry your medical records with you and never ever let a clinic/hospital copy them, do not forget to take them with you when you leave.
Quote:
nope, you can force the clinic to not copy them as you can say that their copy of your records would be a violation of your HIPA rights.
Quote:
I take my medical records with me when I go, and get all copies when I leave.
Those statements are 100% false because the law requires that they keep a true and accurate record of all medical files necessary to handling your visit. That means everything they generated and anything you brought them for review. If it was necessary to know as part of your visit they will have it for as long as required by federal and/or state laws.

In addition, many medical malpractice insurance providers require medical record retention equal to or longer than what governmenets require. The fedreal governemnt and all states allow medical professionals to retain these records beyond what is required by law.

I also noticed you mentioned HIPPA rights; care to show me where in HIPPA that right is granted? Afterall it must exist otherwise why would you say it does?

Even putting aside any law or rights one may claim, pure common sense tells you that NO medical professional is going to let you take the only records of your treatment. that would open them up to litigation the likes we have never seen.

I know it is a very common deceptive practice to make patients, who demand their records, believe that they have the one and only copy. It's even taught at medical confrences how to satisfy the demanding patient. There are services where you subscribe, pay the fees, sign a conset form for the release of medical records, give them the name of the places you visited and they send off a request for records. Since you signed a release, the receiving medical entity will comply. I can not tell you how many people who belived they had their one and only records were stunned when all the medical entities sent a copy of the records that the patient thought did not exist.

We can go back and forth on this but I think everyone who reads this topic will understand what the reality and truth is.

Old 06-20-2014, 07:03 AM

1,509 posts, read 1,793,840 times
Quote:
I take my medical records with me when I go, and get all copies when I leave. what you say is pure crap, as you can take them with you. if it is an insurance claim I can understand the clinic keeping them for insurance claim, but not if you pay in cash.
You need to read all the fine print in the HIPAA notices that you receive if you receive any medical care in the United States of America. It's clear that you are misinformed.

Old 06-20-2014, 10:47 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,188,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
You need to read all the fine print in the HIPAA notices that you receive if you receive any medical care in the United States of America. It's clear that you are misinformed.

what I am talking about since you all don't understand, is that if you go to a clinic for the 1st time, the clinic does have the right to make a record of your visit, but they have no right to any of your previous medical records, even if you bring them with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness