Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2016, 07:55 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,964,604 times

Advertisements

Well....OK....you were not much fun anyway. Your only expressed interest lay in defense of vaccines. This is a self-sufficiency forum. Did you truly expect us to rely on Big Brother and giant corporations?

Hepatitis B Vaccine Highly Linked to Sudden Infant Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
I have no idea what you're talking about, and this will be the last time I respond to such snark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2016, 08:42 AM

2,878 posts, read 4,631,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
Well....OK....you were not much fun anyway. Your only expressed interest lay in defense of vaccines. This is a self-sufficiency forum. Did you truly expect us to rely on Big Brother and giant corporations?
Who is "us"? You are expected to have a functioning brain and decide what aspects of government are good and which ones do not suit you. It the vaccination that eradicated polio, for example....

Quote:

Mercola? Haaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahahah ahahhahahaahaha ahahhahahaha ahahahahhahahaha ahahahahhahahahaha

Old 03-20-2016, 10:46 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,599,129 times
There was once a time when people were quick to get vaccines based on what they knew. I never have read of government orders to be vaccinated in 1880. Why? People were more rational. It was the era of Darwin, Pasteur, and Spencer. Anyone arguing against vaccines for cholera, small pox, etc. would have been considered to be a mental defective. Before the era of the prepper/homesteader/handyman survivalists often discussed the most effective way to be vaccinated for everything. The consensus was that the best way was to say that we were planning a trip to Chad, an acknowledged fount of disease. Public health services had control of vaccines then as they do today, but in those days people sought protection.

I know that 1880 was a better time. Perhaps I should say the same for 1980.

Are you current on your vaccinations? It's every ten years for tetanus.

Old 03-20-2016, 11:12 AM

7,488 posts, read 10,485,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
My feeling today is, you can stick a needle into me at the point of a gun!

Old 03-20-2016, 11:29 AM

Thought Cop modus operandum. Attack the source. Attack the poster. Think it is called the skepinazi paradigm. Above all else, conduct oneself like an arse,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ognend View Post
Who is "us"? You are expected to have a functioning brain and decide what aspects of government are good and which ones do not suit you. It the vaccination that eradicated polio, for example....

Mercola? Haaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahahah ahahhahahaahaha ahahhahahaha ahahahahhahahaha ahahahahhahahahaha

Old 03-20-2016, 11:36 AM

I continue to study vaccinations with great interest. Fascinating subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
There was once a time when people were quick to get vaccines based on what they knew. I never have read of government orders to be vaccinated in 1880. Why? People were more rational. It was the era of Darwin, Pasteur, and Spencer. Anyone arguing against vaccines for cholera, small pox, etc. would have been considered to be a mental defective. Before the era of the prepper/homesteader/handyman survivalists often discussed the most effective way to be vaccinated for everything. The consensus was that the best way was to say that we were planning a trip to Chad, an acknowledged fount of disease. Public health services had control of vaccines then as they do today, but in those days people sought protection.

I know that 1880 was a better time. Perhaps I should say the same for 1980.

Old 03-20-2016, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Thought Cop modus operandum. Attack the source. Attack the poster. Think it is called the skepinazi paradigm. Above all else, conduct oneself like an arse,
I am not sure even you understand yourself. I know I don't understand most of the stuff you say. Attack the source? Mercola is below being a source. You are the one arguing vaccinations, I pointed to successful vaccines such as polio. A few people also die from tetanus and you can get tetanus from rusty nails etc. - are you claiming that's bad too?

Anyways, back to 1880s topics.

Old 03-21-2016, 11:39 AM

1,080 posts, read 1,273,502 times
Some of the early vaccines were not safe - try

The Cutter Incident: How America's First Polio Vaccine Lead to Today's Growing Vaccine Crisis by Paul Offit

There are some people who see a relationship where there is none. Before condemning anything, I research it as thoroughly as possible. Too many times 'people say' or 'I heard' stories do not contain the truth, but simply someone's opinion. I have heard people say that since 'A' and 'B' happened at the same time, there much be a connection between the two. The truth is that sometimes 'A' and 'B' just happen at the same time.

I have lived long enough that I don't completely trust anything.

Don't forget it was in the late 1850s that Louis Pasteur and Robert Koch provided evidence that germs caused disease. Viruses were not discovered until the 1890s. and, it was during this time that doctors began washing their hands before surgery.

Old 03-21-2016, 06:38 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,537,898 times
why not just homestead in modern times? youtubers have channels about it. my favorite is wranglerstar.

you dont have to give up technology to live simple...

Old 03-22-2016, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
why not just homestead in modern times? youtubers have channels about it. my favorite is wranglerstar.

you dont have to give up technology to live simple...
That would be too easy. Most people here need an ideology, something/someone to defend from etc. Stockpiles of guns and ammo, concrete bunkers, a group of people to look out for, an impending collapse to watch out for, so on and so on. Without it, it appears it is just not so much fun. Nice try though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness