Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 08:19 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,843,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
There is no economy without people. Government and banks have no value to extract without people. They are the alpha and omega in an economy. That blood sweat and tears is what backs all of it. People are the value.
Municipal corporations have been using PPPs to automate so they can maximize that extraction with little to no accountability or transparency. With the recent Snowden information one can also see why the NSA is so interested in promoting further automation.
You misunderstand. I meant you almost need no people to do the monitoring and tailing. Compared to the Soviet Union times when things were low-tech, you had to have people physically tail people etc. - it would be very expensive dedicating such resources to everyone. Today it is easy, it is all electronic and computers do it for you. When something is easy to do, it is usually done...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 09:11 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordyLordy View Post
You misunderstand. I meant you almost need no people to do the monitoring and tailing. Compared to the Soviet Union times when things were low-tech, you had to have people physically tail people etc. - it would be very expensive dedicating such resources to everyone. Today it is easy, it is all electronic and computers do it for you. When something is easy to do, it is usually done...
No I didn't misunderstand. I just wanted to make the distinction. Sometimes people forget this very important fact. Automation has enhanced the lack of individual accountability and lack of transparency. Most municipalities outsource many services through PPPs. These are private automated corps who masquerade as a govt agency. Unless you ask, they don't have to tell. They market themselves to municipal corps as revenue raisers. So all the rates go up for the service and when someone complains enough about problems/abuses they simply fire that company and hire another one. All the while raising their bottom line and not being accountable for the abuses and mistakes.
This kind of thing goes on everywhere. However, these agencies market to all the local counties showing how much they can increase their rates compared to other counties. This drives all the rates up in a region on a regular basis.
Whistleblower catches Dallas, other cities in questionable ...

In some areas when they complain about how inefficient and corrupt the local "govt" agency has been they choose outsourced automated Private companies as the solution, LOL.

Old 09-04-2014, 11:50 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordyLordy View Post

well, I don't have the expertise to do it, but we can always hope that the feds get a nice big virus and wipes their entire computer net and any backups of what they have.

Old 09-05-2014, 09:40 AM

1,080 posts, read 1,273,502 times
Holy stuff!!! I will be turning 65 in a few months and it appears that everyone in the nation knows it. I am getting a deluge of ads for medicare supplement insurance, hearings aids, etc. I am getting magazines I never ordered. What happened to my privacy! Who is giving out my date of birth?

Old 09-05-2014, 05:30 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrysue View Post
Holy stuff!!! I will be turning 65 in a few months and it appears that everyone in the nation knows it. I am getting a deluge of ads for medicare supplement insurance, hearings aids, etc. I am getting magazines I never ordered. What happened to my privacy! Who is giving out my date of birth?
The question is who isn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness