Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 06:45 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,529,823 times

Advertisements

Whenever I see "left-leaning" I read it as "stupid". The facts are plain for anyone to see, you just gotta look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 06:01 PM

3,486 posts, read 6,507,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
Whenever I see "left-leaning" I read it as "stupid". The facts are plain for anyone to see, you just gotta look.
Okay, that did it. As the one who was insulted, I claim my right to choose the weapon. My choice is WAIS scores (that's Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale scores) at twenty paces. We do this tomorrow morning at sunrise. Be there, or be branded for life.

Old 01-21-2015, 05:47 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
We need to wake up as preppers as most are great people smart people with a nearly clueless point of reference as to supplying their needs yet realize at any moment an EMP / CMP could take America into a medieval- like resistance for up to 2
years without a grid. They realize that there has been a 500% in
crease in earthquakes in last three years. North Korea has a EMP nuclear capability 10 times the threat from Iran The ol' doomsday clock ticks but for most a congressional study
and others project upwards to 90% of Americans will die in year
one ( body removal will be the most difficult along with finding
food.). So who cares in a me me society of the ignorant? Here
our my champions for survival .

Glenn Beck (patriot . com)
Jim Bakker show ( best price in country for food , fuel less generator )
Food for Health
Costco ( online only food)
Emergency Essentials
Wise . com
Seek your favorites on internet but get user feedback

Note: do the math and stay under .50 -.60 per meal all
Prices will sky rocket before mid 2016 to $10.00
Per meal or not available. Look for 25 year plus
shelf. FEMA purchased 1 billion dollars worth in

if i am doing emergency food, then i shoot for $2-$4 a meal. if I shooting for everyday meals, then i go for $.30-$.60 a meal. anymore than that would be for a special occasion.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:42 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,672,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
That's nonsense. The motion picture industry has promoted race-mixing, homosexuality, adultery, and other behavior foreign to the mores of Western Civilization for years. Business people, southern Whites, anticommunists, gun enthusiasts, devout Christians and Muslims, and rightist politicians to name but a few are always portrayed as oafish monsters.

How many movies have ever been made portraying Hitler as a hero in his struggle with Stalin? When has Israel ever been portrayed as evil? When in recent memory have slaveowners been portrayed as the struggling business people that they were? Movies with these themes would be blockbusters, but we'll never see them.

I could write pages just pointing out what's obvious to any objective observer.
Yes, of course why didn't I see the obvious connection to heroes and Hitler? "Foreign to the mores of ", and here you assign the totality of western civilization for what really is your own quasi religious beliefs coupled with more than a tad bit of homophobia and racism.

Your list of the oafish in our society looks fairly complete, especially the cutting away of "southern whites" for the purpose of delineation from all the other whites that don't hold with your views of "race mixing" and the untold glories of the slave holders. Adultery was one of those hallmarks of white southern upper society life that spawned so many "mixed race" slaves, I know, I know, just another inconvenient truth of your imagined perfect society.

Back to your cave now, and please don't attempt to fool anyone with greater intelligence with regard to US history, some of us have actually read the true version, unlike you and your buds playing survivalist while making out with your "weapons".

Old 01-21-2015, 01:36 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
We need to wake up as preppers as most are great people smart people with a nearly clueless point of reference as to supplying their needs ....
That's because "preppers" (snicker) are too stupid to create a plan.

The good thing about "preppers" is they're cannon fodder for the hordes.

Quote:
yet realize at any moment an EMP / CMP could take America into a medieval- like resistance for up to 2 years without a grid.

20 years.

It will take nearly a century to get 75% of the US electrified again.

Naturally, that assumes the absence of military conflicts.

Quote:
They realize that there has been a 500% in crease in earthquakes in last three years.
So?

How many earthquakes took place in 1522?

Quote:
North Korea has a EMP nuclear capability 10 times the threat from Iran.
That's called Propaganda & Disinformation which is spread by idiots or those who delight in fear-mongering, usually to make money off of the idiots.

All nuclear weapons of all types and designed produce EMP. That's a natural function of particle scattering.

Iran has no nuclear weapons, and no nuclear weapons program. Even if that were not true, Iran could not cause damage by EMP to the US.

North Korea does have the ability to cause damage via EMP, however, the PRK is limited to a maximum yield of 200 kt. Since PRKs production levels can reasonably be estimated from burn-up times, PRK cannot build any warheads with that kilo-tonnage, nor does PRK have any means of delivering a warhead in the 200 kt range.

Given that it took France everything they had to come up with a 140 kt warhead, it's unlikely PRK could replicate that feat, and it wouldn't matter, since the PRK has no means of delivering such a warhead.

Best case scenario is PRK comes up with a 20-30 kt warhead, but the field intensity of the EMP would have no affect on the US, or even a region within the US. At most it might knock out electrical power for the location directly below, but not affect electronic devices.

Quote:
The ol' doomsday clock ticks but for most a congressional study
and others project upwards to 90% of Americans will die in year one...
That's mostly accurate. 96% is closer to reality.

About 70% will die in the first 90 days of starvation, dehydration, starvation-induced disease, other diseases, natural illnesses, lack of medication, injuries, misadventure, violence or by their own hand.

Of the 95 Million survivors --- all the "preppers" will be dead -- another 80 Million will die over the course of the next 6 months, mostly from starvation, injury or violence.

Quote:
( body removal will be the most difficult along with finding food.).
Uh, wut?

No one is going to be removing bodies, unless they intend to cannibalize.

Quote:
So who cares in a me me society of the ignorant?
I sure don't; neither does Darwin.

There's a reason why it's called Natural Selection and Survival of the Fittest.

Quote:
Here our my champions for survival .

A moron.

Quote:
Another moron.

Quote:
Food for Health
Emergency Essentials
Wise . com
Totally useless.

Quote:
Note: do the math and stay under .50 -.60 per meal all
Prices will sky rocket before mid 2016 to $10.00
Per meal or not available. Look for 25 year plus
shelf. FEMA purchased 1 billion dollars worth in
Well, gosh, that right there is five reasons to build a bomb shelter.

Failing to plan is planning to fail...

Mircea

Old 01-21-2015, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighteyes View Post
Okay, that did it. As the one who was insulted, I claim my right to choose the weapon. My choice is WAIS scores (that's Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale scores) at twenty paces. We do this tomorrow morning at sunrise. Be there, or be branded for life.

NOTE: cowdog did not show up at the appointed time. I, on the other hand, did show up, carrying with my certified WAIS score of 162. For those who do not know, the score of 162 places me three standard deviations above the mean. Short-form -- I scored better than 98% of those who have ever taken it.

Who's stupid now? H-m-m-m-m-m-m?

[Really though, I'm just posting this in the spirit of fun, though my score of 162 is real. Hopefully cowdog understands and agrees...]

Last edited by Nighteyes; 01-21-2015 at 04:46 PM..

Old 01-21-2015, 03:44 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
That's because "preppers" (snicker) are too stupid to create a plan.

The good thing about "preppers" is they're cannon fodder for the hordes.

20 years.

It will take nearly a century to get 75% of the US electrified again.

Naturally, that assumes the absence of military conflicts.

So?

How many earthquakes took place in 1522?

That's called Propaganda & Disinformation which is spread by idiots or those who delight in fear-mongering, usually to make money off of the idiots.

All nuclear weapons of all types and designed produce EMP. That's a natural function of particle scattering.

Iran has no nuclear weapons, and no nuclear weapons program. Even if that were not true, Iran could not cause damage by EMP to the US.

North Korea does have the ability to cause damage via EMP, however, the PRK is limited to a maximum yield of 200 kt. Since PRKs production levels can reasonably be estimated from burn-up times, PRK cannot build any warheads with that kilo-tonnage, nor does PRK have any means of delivering a warhead in the 200 kt range.

Given that it took France everything they had to come up with a 140 kt warhead, it's unlikely PRK could replicate that feat, and it wouldn't matter, since the PRK has no means of delivering such a warhead.

Best case scenario is PRK comes up with a 20-30 kt warhead, but the field intensity of the EMP would have no affect on the US, or even a region within the US. At most it might knock out electrical power for the location directly below, but not affect electronic devices.

That's mostly accurate. 96% is closer to reality.

About 70% will die in the first 90 days of starvation, dehydration, starvation-induced disease, other diseases, natural illnesses, lack of medication, injuries, misadventure, violence or by their own hand.

Of the 95 Million survivors --- all the "preppers" will be dead -- another 80 Million will die over the course of the next 6 months, mostly from starvation, injury or violence.

Uh, wut?

No one is going to be removing bodies, unless they intend to cannibalize.

I sure don't; neither does Darwin.

There's a reason why it's called Natural Selection and Survival of the Fittest.

A moron.

Another moron.

Totally useless.

Well, gosh, that right there is five reasons to build a bomb shelter.

Failing to plan is planning to fail...

Mircea

sooooooooooooooooooo Mircea, do you have an actual answer or do you just like to put down peoples answers?
I would be what people would call one of those preppers, and I think by the time the hordes got to my place, they will be far and few between and number in less than 10.
at least those that morons give sites that people can look for themselves to see what they can get from them.
also people have to start someplace, and these site do exactly that, give people a place to start.

Old 01-21-2015, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
sooooooooooooooooooo Mircea, do you have an actual answer or do you just like to put down peoples answers?
Mircea is a study unto himself/herself, right up there with folks who like to kick puppies and pull kitties' tails.

Not that you and I have previously agreed on much of anything, monkeywrenching, but we are aligned on this 'un...

Old 01-21-2015, 05:19 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,593,655 times
Quote:
Food for Health
Emergency Essentials
Wise . com
Scratch the ''fuel less'' (sic.) generator. There is no such thing. Start with a Honda and move up from there.

Walmart will supply most of your supplies for storage, both food and otherwise. Amazon should be your other major supplier. Check ebay regularly; many items are listed there from time to time. Shelf lives of ordinary canned goods are far more than adequate with few exceptions.

Buy gold with what you saved by not buying dehydrated and freeze-dried foods.

Have a few chickens or ducks for eggs. Have food stored for them, but also raise mealworms, earthworms, etc.

Store of a minimum of 2000 gallons of water. Learn how to distill water.

Know now where you will get your Vitamin C.

Be able to survive for at least a year with no outside supplies of food, fuel, weaponry, or money.

Be five hundred miles minimum from the nearest major metropolitan area and one hundred miles from the nearest interstate. Don't live in tornado or hurricane areas. Don't live on a flood plain.

Keep your mouth shut.

The most likely survivors of anything from financial troubles to war are childless couples.

Old 01-23-2015, 08:03 PM

1,127 posts, read 1,274,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Scratch the ''fuel less'' (sic.) generator. There is no such thing. Start with a Honda and move up from there.

Walmart will supply most of your supplies for storage, both food and otherwise. Amazon should be your other major supplier. Check ebay regularly; many items are listed there from time to time. Shelf lives of ordinary canned goods are far more than adequate with few exceptions.

Buy gold with what you saved by not buying dehydrated and freeze-dried foods.

Have a few chickens or ducks for eggs. Have food stored for them, but also raise mealworms, earthworms, etc.

Store of a minimum of 2000 gallons of water. Learn how to distill water.

Know now where you will get your Vitamin C.

Be able to survive for at least a year with no outside supplies of food, fuel, weaponry, or money.

Be five hundred miles minimum from the nearest major metropolitan area and one hundred miles from the nearest interstate. Don't live in tornado or hurricane areas. Don't live on a flood plain.

Keep your mouth shut.

The most likely survivors of anything from financial troubles to war are childless couples.
Sounds good. Let's just hope the entire country doesn't try to take your advice! Might make the open spaces a thing of the past!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness