Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 07:22 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times

Advertisements

Genuine self-sufficient mountain men tend toward privacy and wouldn't want to be an actor in a silly reality show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2015, 07:29 AM

5,406 posts, read 3,601,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Genuine self-sufficient mountain men tend toward privacy and wouldn't want to be an actor in a silly reality show.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:40 AM

3,223 posts, read 9,630,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
There are a couple exceptions. One guy grew up normal, successful in college (not common with rebel individuals), life felt artificial to him so he became self sufficient out of mainstream society, started teaching ways of the wild, building a home, doing with out money, etc except for his property taxes. He went completely public to where he was targeted by officials. He was genuine, just used a show to help preach his off-grid gospel which I'm glad people share things like that. To protect this way of life in this country requires a degree of educating those glued into mainstream society so its remains an option/liberty for generations to come.

Old 03-16-2015, 10:09 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
I've yet to see a girl who would want a mountain man for a partner. Several come close but if you want to weed them out quickly, ask them if they can live with out television, internet, or going to town. Very few will score 67%.

if what you say is true, then why is most of the married women at my church keep trying to set me up with women?

Old 03-17-2015, 08:27 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,581,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
if what you say is true, then why is most of the married women at my church keep trying to set me up with women?
Maybe you look like you're too happy???

Joke! Joke! Joke!!
(Nobody tell the She-Bear I said that, OK?)

Old 03-17-2015, 09:30 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,630,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
They love a challenge of match-making and they probably don't want to see u alone. I've had women try to match me up with the oddest females. They believe in fairy tails which is good because that's the level of optimism it takes to land a great s/o. People get so jaded over the years. Modern society is really screwing with people's attraction to the opposite sex. Less and less men act like men and women are starting to prefer women.

Old 03-17-2015, 10:03 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,602,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
They love a challenge of match-making and they probably don't want to see u alone. I've had women try to match me up with the oddest females. They believe in fairy tails which is good because that's the level of optimism it takes to land a great s/o. People get so jaded over the years. Modern society is really screwing with people's attraction to the opposite sex. Less and less men act like men and women are starting to prefer women .
These are the ultimate sheep or, if you prefer, sheeple.

Old 03-18-2015, 07:46 AM

5,406 posts, read 3,601,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
These are the ultimate sheep or, if you prefer, sheeple.
EWE could be right!!

Old 03-22-2015, 12:58 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,951,921 times
I want to be in the show! I'm not a man and I live in the desert, but I'd like to be a rich movie star, then I could have a house in the mountains. Aspen would be nice.

Old 03-23-2015, 02:03 AM

195 posts, read 186,303 times
I worked in Aspen one summer. Didn't see anything about it to recommend it. Nor Snowmass. But Glenwood Springs, that's a beautiful area. Pagosa Springs, too, and Silverton and up in the Red Mountain area. But I don't want to live there for the winters. Whew, those mountain roads are much too "interesting" when they are icy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness