Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2018, 08:34 PM

1,127 posts, read 1,271,490 times

Advertisements

Fellas, if you can kill me, have at my carcass. I wont be there to care. But know this, I won't be anywhere near your idea of an easy meal, and I will immediately shoot in the face any person I find to be an eater of long pig. No discussion, no chance at repentance. Hey, maybe we'll never meet. Or maybe you will be faster on the draw. Fast enough, you get a good meal, if a bit stringy and tough. Too slow, and the only thing getting a meal will be the buzzards pickng at your hanging and marked carcass. I got about twenty-five years of practice at being fast and accurate, and I really like living. Practice a good bit to help me stay that way. You may wanna get started yourselves, if you hope to eat for long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2018, 08:50 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,560,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy73 View Post
Fellas, if you can kill me, have at my carcass. I wont be there to care. But know this, I won't be anywhere near your idea of an easy meal, and I will immediately shoot in the face any person I find to be an eater of long pig. No discussion, no chance at repentance. Hey, maybe we'll never meet. Or maybe you will be faster on the draw. Fast enough, you get a good meal, if a bit stringy and tough. Too slow, and the only thing getting a meal will be the buzzards pickng at your hanging and marked carcass. I got about twenty-five years of practice at being fast and accurate, and I really like living. Practice a good bit to help me stay that way. You may wanna get started yourselves, if you hope to eat for long.
I doubt that many people will announce their intentions beforehand.

Old 07-31-2018, 11:21 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,802,466 times
My Aunt Phyllis used to say I was so cute that she wanted to "eat me up".

But she always had trouble with her dentures.

And never even got to bite me.

Old 08-01-2018, 01:52 AM

24,450 posts, read 9,315,996 times
If you can't eat a dog (they do it in South Korea), don't try eating a human.

Old 08-01-2018, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
I doubt that many people will announce their intentions beforehand.
They don't have to. You start munching on long pig, word gets out. Then a fella concerned with what's proper and acceptable comes along to pour a little bleach in your gene pool. Nip that whole cannabalism thing in the bud, so to speak. I promise you, there are guys in every community who will cull the herd when needed. Eating your own species is a top notch way to get their attention.

Old 08-01-2018, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
If you can't eat a dog (they do it in South Korea), don't try eating a human.
What's wrong with dog? It's pretty tasty with some frijoles and tortillas, maybe some fried taters if they are to be had... the cook ain't food, especially when she does so well in the kitchen...

Dog is far better than snake. Even donkey beats a snake. And I would eat rattlers three times a day and seven days a week before I would even be near someone who would eat a nasty critter like the overpopulated homo sapiens I am surrounded by..

Old 08-01-2018, 09:19 PM

2,993 posts, read 4,284,741 times
Is cannabalism wrong in survival situations, where the person has just passed anyway and your very survival depends on it? I'd say no. Hunger does strange things to people. Perhaps people who say they wouldn't eat their dead friend just haven't ever been hungry enough?

Old 08-02-2018, 09:35 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,802,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy73 View Post

What's wrong with dog?
Nothing.

If you live Korea or China.

But if you live in America....
Attached Thumbnails
What is so wrong about cannibalism?-ed.jpg  

Old 08-02-2018, 10:17 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,624,485 times
There can only be just one. They don't breed true.

Old 08-02-2018, 10:46 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,961,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
Is cannabalism wrong in survival situations, where the person has just passed anyway and your very survival depends on it? I'd say no. Hunger does strange things to people. Perhaps people who say they wouldn't eat their dead friend just haven't ever been hungry enough?
I think this is where there's a lot of validity in the discussion. The idea of actively hunting other humans, even in desperate times, is something I think we can all agree is deplorable. But that survival situation you describe is a little different. Thankfully it's something very few of us will ever experience. But I will say this: if my wife and I were stranded on a desert island (or some other desperate "stranded and barely surviving" type situation) and I was mortally wounded and she was going without food, I'd WANT her to eat me once I passed. I'd want my body to be what gave her a chance to maybe live to see survival and rescue from her situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness