Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 11:20 PM

569 posts, read 552,313 times

Advertisements

The small calibres are mostly for the weak hands. They don't really pack punches in the life-death situations. I prefer the small calibres, because I would never put myself in the mentioned scenarios.

The real effective calibres start at .38.

I always admire at the photos of the sling shot rifles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2016, 12:59 AM

110 posts, read 86,691 times
I'll take my trusted M1 Carbine.
Good at long distances, good at short distances. And battle-tested.

If it's good enough to shoot at Nazis, it's good enough to shoot looters as well.

Full auto is bull****, IMO. Spraying a ton of bullets might be really "Gangsta", this only works if you are part of a fire team. One sprays to suppress, the other picks out single targets to finish.

The key to all SHTF and TEOTWAWKI scenarios is cooperation. One guy can have all the guns he want. Against a group of skilled shooters, he won't stand a chance.

I'm honestly not that afraid of looters. I have two big dogs that are more than enough of deterrent for people to avoid my home. They hear them coming from half a mile away, so if they decide they approach my door, I'll be ready and waiting. Me at the front, my sons on the roof, one with the gun, the other as spotter.

Old 06-17-2016, 09:40 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachrr View Post
Full auto is bull****, IMO.
I agree with you but because of my own limitations. I know there are people that are really accurate with full auto. I am not and semi-auto works best for me.

Old 06-17-2016, 09:47 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,226,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I agree with you but because of my own limitations. I know there are people that are really accurate with full auto. I am not and semi-auto works best for me.
Its not really a matter of accuracy. It is a matter of being able to feed it.

Old 06-17-2016, 05:34 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,488,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe33 View Post
Its not really a matter of accuracy. It is a matter of being able to feed it.
....and it's a matter of being able to own it legally!

Old 06-18-2016, 08:41 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,226,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
....and it's a matter of being able to own it legally!
You can get a permit legally in most places. Just some paperwork and small fee. And of course the wait. You can then buy a overpriced machinegun and it is still not really a lot. 3k perhaps
. But then your first time playing around with it you will spend 1k or more if you have it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness