Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 10:08 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,944,809 times

Advertisements

Interesting comment I found on another site regarding the govt imposing martial law. Though it might make for some interesting discussion here.

Here is how you destabilize a whole country.

Cut communications.

Cut the power.

Restrict travel to zones. Check points everywhere.

Blame "others" and call out the national guard to "protect" the public interest.

When it goes to bad, declare martial law.

Suspend the courts.

Everyone with a gun is arrested or wanted.

Before you know it ( less than 30 days) you have a nation enslaved, and gun owner are the bad guys.

It has worked for other rouge governments.
//

I have to agree. Look at Poland in WWII, El Salvador more recently. I can see this happening here, and maybe sooner rather than later. Serious national unrest like we had in the Vietnam protest years would probably be enough to trigger something they way things have been going.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2016, 10:11 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,737,277 times
I think we are in a downward spiral but this a bit ridiculous.

How, and who, pray tell cuts

Communication
Power
Etc..., etc...

Old 07-05-2016, 10:32 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,944,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
I think we are in a downward spiral but this a bit ridiculous.

How, and who, pray tell cuts

Communication
Power
Etc..., etc...
You know, "They" do. The gubbermint. Stop the internet, texting and cell phones, keeps the revolutionaries from organizing except locally. Jam radio bands.

Shut the power, keeps people home and reduces them to subsistence levels.

Limit deliveries of food to specific locations and ration it, the majority of the population will have no other option.

Track down all gun owners, ransack their homes, and either arrest them or drive them underground as fugitives if any registered guns are missing.

Then enact martial law and put the military everywhere.

Stop highway and public transportation without proper credentials - I've been through this is several places in years past. You would hit numerous military checkpoints and better have the right "papers."

And so on...

Old 07-06-2016, 02:50 AM

7,488 posts, read 10,482,288 times
You first have to ask yourself, what would be the purpose of all this?

As it is now, government is riding fat and happy on everybody's money. Pull a trick like this, and the money stops. Taxes are not being paid, utilities are not being paid, cities and states and federal gravy trains stop. Who wants that???

Such tactics may work in poor, undeveloped third world countries. But here? Still too prosperous and fat, happy and stupid. The US is still the consumer market of last resort, and I can think of no better way to make corporations scream, than to deny them access to our money!

Old 07-06-2016, 08:21 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,225,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Interesting comment I found on another site regarding the govt imposing martial law. Though it might make for some interesting discussion here.

Cut communications.

Cut the power.

Blame "others" and call out the national guard to "protect" the public interest.

Suspend the courts.

Before you know it ( less than 30 days) you have a nation enslaved, and gun owner are the bad guys.

//

I have to agree. Look at Poland in WWII, El Salvador more recently. I can see this happening here, and maybe sooner rather than later. Serious national unrest like we had in the Vietnam protest years would probably be enough to trigger something they way things have been going.
It actually dosent work well as past history shows. As long as the populace had access to weapons, the governments only retained control over large cities. Even today many South American and African Counties have little control over lands outside of their major cities.

The best means of controlling people ever invented is the one we have today in this country.
Debt Slavery.

Old 07-06-2016, 09:09 PM

30,249 posts, read 23,719,256 times
You destabilize a country by destroying their economy.

You then work on dividing and conquering.

While that's going on, and to help speed up the process, you dissolve borders so that there really is no country.

Sit back and watch the chaos unfold.

Old 07-06-2016, 09:30 PM

2,993 posts, read 4,301,121 times
No need to destabilize the U.S. We are all so compliant that we will go along with whatever our masters want us to do, thanking them for the privilege of doing so along the way . Minor resistance is futile and will be crushed immediately.

Old 07-06-2016, 11:33 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:

Cut communications.

Cut the power.

Suspend the courts.

//

the problem with that is that the firearms owners that would be on the run is 15+ million. no regular army on the planet is that big.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:45 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,861,262 times
Quote:
. . .
The protestors during the Viet Nam war were cowards and did not have the guts to take up weapons. Oh maybe they would throw a rock against Guard troops that they knew would not fire back (with the exception of Kent State).

The situation is totally different now. IF/WHEN the government tries to take away our guns there will not be protests at the local Town Square or Federal buildings. Individual gun owners will "shoot and scoot" and harass the UN troops (US Armed Forces will not obey unlawful orders like Gun Confiscation) that try to disarm US citizens. It will not be an organized resistance because SECRECY will be necessary Over 100 Million citizens own weapons in the United States. Out of that 100 million there will be ?millions that will resist Martial Law and Gun confiscation. Think RED DAWN multiplied by a million.

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 12-11-2016 at 09:45 AM..

Old 07-07-2016, 10:08 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe33 View Post
Most people think she is guilty. But as long as she is presidential material, Nothing will happen.
If she dosent get elected, I wouldnt put it past the Democrats to indite her and a laundry list of charges, find her guilty in a speedy, 1 day trial and then pardon her.
Other wise im sure that trump will cause her all sorts of grief.
if she does not get elected, then the only person that can give her a pardon is the potus, and that would mean trump, and I do not see him giving her a pardon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness