Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2016, 12:22 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,950,661 times

Advertisements

No, but...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2016, 06:45 AM

2,077 posts, read 2,017,579 times
Ugh , if Trump wins, I have to go back to Norway with my dutch husband because I cannot STAND his ex wife in Holland .

IF this should occur and I have to go to all the trouble of doing ANOTHER trans Atlantic move , I will go ahead and drop my US citizenship . I'm done here . Our youngest teen is dual and my husband of course an EEU citizen and has wanted to leave for a good while .

and yes I did vote so I can gripe .
Just in general, people here are just getting crazier and crazier no matter who wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzfroggez View Post
LOL - hope you enjoy the world with less "religion". You might get just what you desire...sorry, I mean you might just get less of those people who truly have a faith that does not force belief but doesn't hide it either or apologize for it or adjust it to please man. And that silly old Constitution that was what set this country apart from others ............... yeah, those expanded rights or entitlements granted by a government unfettered by natural law and nature's God.

Be careful what you hope for.
Somewhere there you forgot about separation of CHURCH and STATE in that old constitution.

Last edited by DutchessCottonPuff; 11-04-2016 at 07:00 AM..

Old 11-04-2016, 06:57 AM

1,588 posts, read 2,316,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
Ugh , if Trump wins, I have to go back to Norway with my dutch husband because I cannot STAND his ex wife in Holland .
This needs to be made into a T-shirt!

A confusing but compelling T-shirt. So do you live in Holland now and are we talking about Ivana or Marla who casts a shadow across the entire country?

Or does your husband have an ex wife in Holland?

Old 11-04-2016, 07:43 AM

2,077 posts, read 2,017,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoasting View Post
This needs to be made into a T-shirt!

A confusing but compelling T-shirt. So do you live in Holland now and are we talking about Ivana or Marla who casts a shadow across the entire country?

Or does your husband have an ex wife in Holland?
No and yes .
I was born in Texas but have lived EVERYWHERE .
I met my Dutch husband in his native country of Holland many years ago, we lived there 4 years . His ex wife - OMG - her antics - she believes I am renting out her ex husband until she is ready to claim him again . She is nuts . My husband loved and wanted to go to Norway before we met , he turned me onto it - I LOVED it and no ex wife !!

My husband thought he might like to actually SEE America so we came here just long enough for me to show him the place . He has seen and done and is ready to go - TEN plus years later .

I said fine but I won't go back to Holland but will go to Norway .

Old 11-04-2016, 08:23 AM

Quote:
No and yes .
I met my Dutch husband in his native country of Holland many years ago, we lived there 4 years . His ex wife - OMG - her antics - she believes I am renting out her ex husband until she is ready to claim him again . She is nuts . My husband loved and wanted to go to Norway before we met , he turned me onto it - I LOVED it and no ex wife !!

My husband thought he might like to actually SEE America so we came here just long enough for me to show him the place . He has seen and done and is ready to go - TEN plus years later .

Ok, thanks for the explanation!

Old 11-04-2016, 10:25 AM

Well I just voted.

It made me feel big and strong.

I liked it so much in fact I just might go back and vote a few more times!

Old 11-04-2016, 10:59 AM

7,488 posts, read 10,487,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoasting View Post
I liked it so much in fact I just might go back and vote a few more times!
....that's the trend, nowadays!

Old 11-05-2016, 02:50 AM

516 posts, read 429,417 times
People threatening to do all this "stuff" and move out of the country. I have my doubts about what most people say their going to do if Trump OR Clinton wins. I remember hearing and overhearing and reading the same crap back in 2008....

Old 11-05-2016, 01:11 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,681,555 times
Quote:
No and yes .

Norway has the advantage of a much higher standard of living than America, but with Russia getting set to invade Finland it's a pretty scary part of the world to be in. I think it possible we could end up with another world wide conflict. There's no doubt Putin has imperial designs on Europe, and China could blow the US out of the East Pacific without much trouble. I see a lot of parallels between the current situation and the 1930s. Putin is re-running the Spanish Civil War in Syria, the world is appeasing him in an invasion of Crimea, anarchists have seized control of half of the US government and have nominated a sociopath for president. If things go badly, the US will not escape massive destruction in the next war. Finding safe harbor may be a matter of luck.

Old 11-06-2016, 05:23 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,530,480 times
I don't think I'll ever leave the USA again. I'll just stay here until the radiation does me in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness