Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 02:18 PM

915 posts, read 1,625,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
A shame we don't have election by popular vote.
If you live in traditionally Blue or Red states and are the opposite, your vote means very little.
A smart move by the founders for the very reason that large population concentrations would control the elections instead of giving each sovereign state, and thus a wider demographic, representation. We are not a democracy. The Electoral College was purposefully designed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoasting View Post
This needs to be made into a T-shirt!

A confusing but compelling T-shirt. So do you live in Holland now and are we talking about Ivana or Marla who casts a shadow across the entire country?

Or does your husband have an ex wife in Holland?
I thought it wa s one of the wives she was referencing. TMI

Old 11-09-2016, 02:35 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
Ugh , if Trump wins, I have to go back to Norway with my dutch husband because I cannot STAND his ex wife in Holland .

IF this should occur and I have to go to all the trouble of doing ANOTHER trans Atlantic move , I will go ahead and drop my US citizenship . I'm done here . Our youngest teen is dual and my husband of course an EEU citizen and has wanted to leave for a good while .

and yes I did vote so I can gripe .
Just in general, people here are just getting crazier and crazier no matter who wins.

Somewhere there you forgot about separation of CHURCH and STATE in that old constitution.
have a safe trip!

And everybody else, too. More room for me, yay!!!

BTW, I am an IMMIGRANT.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:26 PM

1,100 posts, read 1,215,638 times
We have had here in Finland similar case as Mr.Trump.

Some similarities:
-Can not keep his hands out from fancy girls
-"Managing director" who was telling all the time how good he is with his business acts but some how all his business was running and funding from other peoples pockets.
-Came outside of political field, had first joke that he will run to president but joke came truth because too many peoples make to many mistakes.
-No one could not understand or find out what was his political line, no matter how hard they asked.

Name of this guy was Mr. Uuno Turhapuro ( Mr. "Goofy Bootless-Brook") and he was hero on old crazy comedy.

Young mr.Goofy Bootless-Brook, the most wanted bachelor in town.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aa7sdi14us

Mr.President meets new government first time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9YqCBQWRKk
Attached Thumbnails
Will You Bug Out If Trump Wins?-medium_presidentti_3.jpg  

Old 11-09-2016, 05:37 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,050,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzfroggez View Post
A smart move by the founders for the very reason that large population concentrations would control the elections instead of giving each sovereign state, and thus a wider demographic, representation. We are not a democracy. The Electoral College was purposefully designed.
I like seeing a little bit of regionalism in our elections, and each state has it's nuances.

When campaigning it's not as easy as simply pandering to the largest number of individuals (or bribe them with handouts stolen from others), but rather forcing candidates to play a regional game where different industries and ways of life have to at least be acknowledged.

The US, like all countries, is deeply entrenched in it's urban-rural divide more than anything else. Think of Illinois outside of Chicago which is utterly disenfranchised, or areas of Pennsylvania outside of Philly which struggle every two years to maintain some semblance of balance with it's urban/liberal population center, or 95%+ of New York state's land area which is overshadowed by it's megalopolis, a satellite 2nd city, and a scattering of college towns.

Oh hey, now that Trump won.....has Al Sharpton begun packing his bags yet? One saw the dread on his face come 7:30 last night. He must have a lot on his mind (of course all Trump supporters are "racisss" right?) given this election "surprise" that "no one saw coming"....

Old 11-10-2016, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserFinn View Post
We have had here in Finland similar case as Mr.Trump.

Some similarities:
-Can not keep his hands out from fancy girls
-"Managing director" who was telling all the time how good he is with his business acts but some how all his business was running and funding from other peoples pockets.
-Came outside of political field, had first joke that he will run to president but joke came truth because too many peoples make to many mistakes.
-No one could not understand or find out what was his political line, no matter how hard they asked.

Name of this guy was Mr. Uuno Turhapuro ( Mr. "Goofy Bootless-Brook") and he was hero on old crazy comedy.

Young mr.Goofy Bootless-Brook, the most wanted bachelor in town.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aa7sdi14us

Mr.President meets new government first time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9YqCBQWRKk

Well, this is certainly a worthless post. Thanks, Finland, for weighing in. And here I thought you guys had a great educational system.....................did you skip class often?

Old 11-10-2016, 09:18 PM

5,511 posts, read 4,476,539 times
Not to get to far off topic, but did republicans and similar exodus when Obama won? I think it'll be the same difference here. Some talk the talk, but I'm sure some will walk the walk.

Me, I've suffered through many presidents, so I'm staying put. Besides, not sure if other countries will be safer with Trump

Old 11-11-2016, 07:50 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackmondual View Post
Not to get to far off topic, but did republicans and similar exodus when Obama won? I think it'll be the same difference here. Some talk the talk, but I'm sure some will walk the walk.

Me, I've suffered through many presidents, so I'm staying put. Besides, not sure if other countries will be safer with Trump
Based on what? Hillary's political ads?

Everyone knows Trump's a dove not a hawk like Hillary. Just look who's being violent post election. The LEFT.

Or was that just throwaway snark?

Old 11-11-2016, 11:08 AM

5,511 posts, read 4,476,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
Based on what? Hillary's political ads?

Everyone knows Trump's a dove not a hawk like Hillary. Just look who's being violent post election. The LEFT.

Or was that just throwaway snark?
Based on feedback from talking with other countries

Old 11-11-2016, 12:29 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,192,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzmark View Post
People threatening to do all this "stuff" and move out of the country. I have my doubts about what most people say their going to do if Trump OR Clinton wins. I remember hearing and overhearing and reading the same crap back in 2008....
They were jackasses not to get the message before 2008.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness