Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 04:06 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,319,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKezarWoodsman View Post
There has to be a federal law here.
What we need are not Federal laws ... just people smart enough not to believe these absurd, made-up stories.

A person here writes he "found this website accidentally while checking on lizard people. The first part of the page does have an accusation of the British royal family as reptiloids as well as being people who consume human flesh." I certainly hope that's a joke. Hard to believe anyone has time to worry about lizard people what with the chemtrails and that tunnel under the pizza parlor in DC built by pedophiles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2017, 04:17 AM

282 posts, read 298,215 times
some comment above freaked me out! what on earth make a human consume another human flesh:/

Oh God bless Vegetarians

Old 01-12-2017, 04:56 AM

995 posts, read 1,695,426 times
I've got to secure the restaurant name "To Die For." It's gonna be huuuuuuge.

Old 01-12-2017, 06:44 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
What I have to ask myself is wtf does this have to do with self-sufficiency and preparedness?

LOL

Old 01-12-2017, 07:11 AM

1,588 posts, read 2,316,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
What I have to ask myself is wtf does this have to do with self-sufficiency and preparedness?

LOL
Well if you think about it...

Once you have gotten over the whole pesky problem "I'm eating a person" your potential food supply in a doomsday event has just gone thru the roof.

Old 01-12-2017, 07:33 AM

2,512 posts, read 3,058,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
I knew it wouldn't take long...after the zombie thread of a few days back....

Here we go - long pig and soylent green again! Go look - I predicted it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
Don't even try. You're already addicted. Come on, you know you want to check again in the morning. You may have a new reputation point. Must check.

Y'all are aware the little green wafers you get under your username as your reputation points accumulate ARE soylent green, aren't you? My reputation should be much higher, but I am addicted to the wafers, and as I eat them, my points go down...

Last edited by ShouldIMoveOrStayPut...?; 01-12-2017 at 07:41 AM..

Old 01-12-2017, 08:14 AM

4,314 posts, read 3,996,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

LOL
A few years back, someone started a thread on cannibalism in this forum and asked if posters were open to it in a worst case scenario.
It got nasty real fast as even respected posters stated they saw nothing wrong with capturing neighbors and confining them and butchering them as needed.

Even a moderator , who was also a non-Moderator poster, stated that she saw nothing wrong with capturing, confining, and butchering humans.

Posters who disagreed got warnings and some got banned.

Very ashamed of my fellow posters who chimed in with support of this barbaric hypothetical practice!!!!

Last edited by David A Stone; 01-12-2017 at 08:31 AM..

Old 01-12-2017, 08:39 AM

7,488 posts, read 10,488,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
It got nasty real fast as even respected posters stated they saw nothing wrong with capturing neighbors and confining them and butchering them as needed.
I agree that the thread got nasty, as that "Active threads" box on the right side advertised it to all and sundry on C-D. People thought we ALL were nuts. But the thread was started by a non-regular on this board, who was getting laughs at some of the replies. We discourage this sort of nonsense.

I can think of no "respected posters" over here, who "saw nothing wrong" with it. We hated it then, and now.

Old 01-12-2017, 09:25 AM

2,411 posts, read 1,975,530 times
Just in case, I want to categorically state that I am completely and utterly against cannibalism! I doubt I could even do that in a 'survival' situation where a companion had passed and I was starving. I would find another way to survive or I would die too.

My earlier comment was sincerely just tongue in cheek. I should have added an emoticon though to be sure I was not taken the wrong way (though I am pretty sure this thread is just a 'crazy thought' one, not anything that any of us takes as a serious idea).

Old 01-12-2017, 10:34 AM

2,993 posts, read 4,304,690 times
Geez who knew something as obviously not practiced in the u.s.a. like cannibalism could be so controversial......

Just to clarify. I was not advocating for cannibalism in anyway. Simply stating that if people are truly honest with themselves, in a teotwawki type scenario, after the first week or two without food, some spare ribs could be looking alright.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness