Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 05:48 PM

1,808 posts, read 4,037,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
Ahhh, but it's the meetings we conservatives hold under your liberal noses, that you need to worry about!
I am absolutely sure I do not want to know the answer to this obvious question, But I cannot help my self. Here goes ...
Have you guys agreed on your secret handshake?
(I bet you have, dang it)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2017, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Lest anyone think the above post was made in jest,
I checked their posting history, and assure you,
it was not.
They are a caricature of their own self.
I am not ashamed of my posting history, sir. Well, other than the couple of times I was guilty of posting while intoxicated.

The only reason I am a liberal is because I simply have never heard of a tree hugging conservative.

Old 10-27-2017, 06:16 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,482,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
I am absolutely sure I do not want to know the answer to this obvious question, But I cannot help my self. Here goes ...
Have you guys agreed on your secret handshake?
(I bet you have, dang it)
Naah, we don't need no steenkin handshakes! We recognize each other by our politically incorrect speech, our sidearms, and our pickups with camo seat covers!

Yep, I hug trees all the time! Gotta love 'em, while you're workin' a chain saw through 'em!

Old 10-27-2017, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_me View Post
.... It may be hush hush .... billionaire investors ... tell media to back off ... assume FBI and or CIA put a gag order ....
Not to make light of this tragic incident, but there is one positive. It is not paranoia when everyone is out to get you.
History is littered with unanswered questions. Flat earthers, grassy knollers, 911ers, birthers, etc.. All these disciplines have unanswered questions. At some point I find it easier to just walk away. Of course that is easy for me to say. Everyone is not out to get me.

Old 10-27-2017, 07:07 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,258,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
I simply do not except this line of thought. We are a people who are capable of some amazing things. We put two remote controlled four wheelers on the planet Mars. Those people who did that hoped to get 90 sols use out of them. On one they got 947. (I assume a "sol" is a martian day)
I have no answers for "gun control". I am an avid hunter. Like the vast majority of gun owners I consider my self a responsible and stable person who should not lose my right to bear arms. I appreciate the umbrella that protects me, but I despise the NRA. The three guys who murdered my father also were under that umbrella. I do not know how to fix the system, but they should have not been under that umbrella with the rest of us. There is no getting my father back, but I will never say there is nothing we can do to make us safer, to make this place better.
For a civilized society, we, without a doubt, have a problem in regards to guns. Any mention of gun control is usually met with "they are trying to take away our guns" "pried from my cold dead hands" group (That is code for the NRA in my book).
I simply think we are better than that. I know we are.
You used 229 words and still said nothing. First you say I have no answer for gun control then proceed to ask for gun control while seemingly exempting yourself.

Old 10-27-2017, 07:51 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,593,655 times
If Kim Jong Il can get nukes, anyone can find something.

Old 10-27-2017, 10:32 PM

1,047 posts, read 725,295 times
Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
That, and to progressives and their media, the people who died look like they could be Trump voters and not useful in their identity politics.
I feel it is more than that. If Paddock really did it - they had him scoping other large concerts where one would expect a lot of liberal kids, not Patriotic country fans like this one. For some reason, he did this show. But it does look like it was a test gone wrong -- that turned real. The answers I hope will reveal themselves.
I do think they all have gag orders. Something is too weird.

Old 10-27-2017, 10:36 PM

1,047 posts, read 725,295 times
Default noooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucifer View Post
Easy to spot with the tiki torches.
Are you insinuating all conservatives are racist? Is this a kkk comparison? Please, someone, tell me I read this wrong. That is a terrible generalization and not an educated one. I have plenty of American black & Mexican pals that voted for Trump. I don't even think Trump is that conservative

Old 10-28-2017, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
You used 229 words and still said nothing. First you say I have no answer for gun control then proceed to ask for gun control while seemingly exempting yourself.
I said plenty. I think you are being deliberately obtuse. In my posts I have revealed that I am a liberal gun owner who does not want to take away your guns. But I am not so narrow minded as to make it an either for or against issue. I put gun control in quotes because it is not about a chunk of steel. It is about the person holding it. People control sounds so Orwellian. I really do not have any answers, but this issue will not go away. The confiscate crowd is just as rigid as the dead cold hands crowd. But there are a few of us in the middle.
I am pretty sure I jumped into this conversation due to the use of the word 'liberal' by a couple of posters. I am also pretty sure the last weapons ban was initiated by a conservative and finalized by another conservative (Regan/H Bush). With that in mind I could argue it is the conservatives that are trying to take my guns away. But I won't. Because I am not deliberately obtuse.

Old 10-28-2017, 06:14 AM

8,922 posts, read 4,626,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucifer View Post
Easy to spot with the tiki torches.
Most of those guys were sent there by the puppetmasters of the liberal movements (antifa and BLM) opposing them. The dirty secret is that the puppetmasters of the liberals were calling the shots, promoting the hatred and violence, on both sides of that riot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness