Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 05:31 AM

17,205 posts, read 21,924,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_me View Post
<<

Yes, I agree. Even a simpleton can clearly hear shots coming from 2 very different distances.
Ever consider it is an echo of the gunfire?

Listen to the 1st loud burst at the beginning of the video (sounds like 5 rounds) then the faint burst also sounds like 5 rounds, echo off all that concrete
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2017, 06:56 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,922,767 times
Anyone see any photos of ambulance or medical personnel? The place should have been full of EMTs, ambulances, gurneys and flashing lights. I haven't see one photo. It's like they just left everybody to die on the ground and then rounded up the bodies.

Old 10-23-2017, 08:57 AM

7,488 posts, read 10,472,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Anyone see any photos of ambulance or medical personnel? The place should have been full of EMTs, ambulances, gurneys and flashing lights. I haven't see one photo. It's like they just left everybody to die on the ground and then rounded up the bodies.
Clearly, care of the injured was secondary to the capture/killing of the shooter. But wait -- don't we have enough personnel and money to do both?? Since when do we let our citizens lie wounded and dying, when care is just a call away? Makes you wonder if they didn't want as many as possible to die!

Old 10-23-2017, 09:10 AM

3,112 posts, read 2,056,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal View Post
If you want to take guns away than you better be prepared to take large trucks - cars away as well. While you are at it- take knives away too.

We had friends who were hit in Las Vegas - my husband's ex co worker and her husband were hit. My sister's good friend's husband was hit in the chest, and his brother was the one who was saving people (Rob Ledbetter). No false flag I can assure you.

If you have listened to many who were hit - they do not want there rights taken away because of this tragedy which means the 2nd Amendment. Follow history -

They just laid to rest a young gal from Lomita, CA who was up there. She was shot and killed. It makes me angry to hear these stories of false flag.

People are investigating this shooting outside of our government because many feel we are being kept in the dark. I still think the man was radicalized over in the Philipines but that's just me. I think Las Vegas is worried from a PR standpoint. For years we have heard that it was a target as Los Angeles has been as well.
The bolded paragraphs suggest that your understanding of a false flag event is incorrect. It doesn't mean that no one gets hurt or dies.

The contemporary term false flag describes covert operations that are designed to deceive in such a way that activities appear as though they are being carried out by individual entities, groups, or nations other than those who actually planned and executed them.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_flag

OP, I don't have an opinion on this one because I haven't followed reports. Yet.

Old 10-23-2017, 10:56 AM

15,546 posts, read 11,993,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Nebraskans describe the

https://bearingarms.com/wp-content/u...-shooting2.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ck-in-pictures

http://people.com/crime/las-vegas-sh...ing-decisions/

Old 10-23-2017, 11:20 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,381,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
I live in Las Vegas. So I am well aware of what goes on around this case daily. Have friends at Metro.

You are LYING about him not talking to law enforcement. He has been very open with them.

Who he didn't want to talk to was media, they were hounding his house. He even put up signs at his home for the media to stay away.

All you crazies who don't live in Vegas don't get updates. Your perceptions aren't reality. Take off your tin foil hats. Or maybe not as they cover the holes in your heads.

How do you like this theory - The shooting was planned by the NRA, who supplied him the guns and bullets as sales were down since Trump took office.

Enjoy your crazy a$$ day. OH God I just looked at what thread these theories are in. Life must REALLY suck to be you people.
The voice of reason ^^^

Old 10-23-2017, 11:44 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,643,219 times
LMAO, my god people your ideas are bat sh## crazy. I can understand that in your eyes a Latino with the name Jesus can not be a hero, and that the government is out to get you. Make sure you keep your guns, your bible and tin foil hat by your side because Soros is out to get you.

Old 10-23-2017, 02:00 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,542,539 times
The OP and his facilitators here are just hilarious. No wonder preppers get such bad name with this sort of facile idiocy and immediate confusion.

Old 10-23-2017, 05:43 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,922,767 times
I mean real photos on CNN, MSNBC, FOX, etc. This isn't real coverage. Like I said before, CCTV everywhere in Vegas .. and not one pic of EMTS/ambulances anywhere. There should be hundreds of pics, they should pop up immediately when doing a search. They should be captured in the background of ANY news network reporting that is occurring. There should be triage set ups, 100s of RNs, EMTs, paramedics, all set to emergency respond.

Old 10-23-2017, 06:01 PM

7,009 posts, read 4,868,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Maybe to punish the actual guilty parties which might prevent a repeat?
Well, yes, but excuse me if I don't think that punishing the guilty parties (if they're not already dead) is going to prevent a repeat. How many incidents have we had like this since Columbine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
Yes, you do need to know more than that...or at least, the rest of us do. If you don't care about the future of this country, about the ability of people to assemble in crowds for entertainment or information, about the efficacy of law enforcement, about our system of justice and punishment, about groups that want to cause terror here, about the obligation of the news media to tell the truth, and the freedom of all Americans to be legally armed, oh well.

If you are just anti-gun and don't want to know any more than that, that's your choice. In that case, get out of your car and hand over the keys, because that 2-ton projectile of yours can kill a lot of people very fast. And it's been used that way, by others.
I'm not anti-gun.

I'm just not sure that understanding anything about it is going to contribute to the future of this country or keep it from happening again. We've had 273 mass shooting in the US in 2017 alone, almost one per day. If this trend continues, we can look forward to a bunch more this year. I can name half a dozen mass shootings within the last 20 years without even looking anything up so quite frankly, the old question arises: If nothing has changed in the past 20 years with all the mass shootings we've already had, what makes you think anything is going to change in the next 20 years, except more mass shootings and more people dead?

My personal suggestion (which will never be done - thanks NRA) would be to start over with the guns. Declare martial law and have the police, SWAT, National Guard, anyone you can think of literally going door to door and confiscating weapons. Once that's done, people can petition to get back their antiques or collections.

As for the cars, please don't fall into the all or nothing way of thinking. Just because we can't or won't ban cars doesn't mean we shouldn't try to do something about the gun problem. Just because we can't solve the WHOLE problem of people killing people with whatever is at hand, doesn't mean we should give up on doing anything and can't try to solve at least some of the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness