Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 03:29 PM

2,309 posts, read 901,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
Trump, Pence & Co.
Evidence?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2017, 03:48 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,488,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
Evidence?
There is none. I supported them. Still do. I was being sarcastic, as so many wanted to know who the "fascists" were. Those are the people named by Antifa, whom I do not support or agree with!

Old 11-02-2017, 04:29 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,652,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
Who exactly are the fascists??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
That's easy. They self-identify. Anybody who is scared of the anti-fascists is at the front of the line.
No one trait marks a Liberal (or Fifth Column)Troll in a Preparedness Forum, but presence of the following traits should be viewed with great suspicion. Trolls should simply be called to moderator attention.
1. Makes subtle political statements in Preparedness Forums
1a. When a prepper responds, pretends that person took the thread into politics
2. Says Preppers are just following conspiracy theories and mocks them
2a. In addition, may post other conspiracy theories not related to thread topics
3. Thinks Trump is trying to precipitate a war with Islamic State or N.Korea
4. Thinks George Soros is a good man and Open Society Foundation is a legit charity
5. Thinks Antifa or Black Lives Matter are peaceful
6. Pretends the idea of paid rioters is a myth
7. Calls Fox News Faux News and Brietbart a racist or antisemitic
8. Says that Pres Trump is a traitor or got into the White House because Russians altered the elections and thinks Hillary really should have won, and if she were pres everything would be good.
9. Thinks ardent 2nd Amendment supporters are nuts, and says things like I support the Constitution or the 2nd Amendment but supports supposedly "common sense" restrictions.
9a. Thinks the 2nd Amendment has something to do with hunting
10. Claims to be the mostest bestest prepper, but then all they talk about is either great financial plans or space aliens or other paranormal phenomenon.

Last edited by TRex2; 11-02-2017 at 04:41 PM..

Old 11-02-2017, 06:15 PM

1,808 posts, read 4,038,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
No one trait marks a Liberal (or Fifth Column)Troll in a Preparedness Forum, but presence of the following traits should be viewed with great suspicion. Trolls should simply be called to moderator attention.
Enough if enough. This attitude of "how dare you come here on our board and hijack our thread" has to stop. Lets get this straight right now. This is not your message board. Asking the OP to source his original claim is not hijacking your thread. A thread. Just the opposite. It is standard procedure if you are not writing an opinion piece. I realize the OP is of advanced age, but surely in 70 years he has seen a citation or footnote. Those are those little things that clutter up the bottom of a page, maybe you have seen them before? They provide a source, a link, to show that you are not just making stuff up. And if anyone has hijacked this thread it is you. Perhaps you do not understand what hijacked means. It means not staying on the original premise of the thread. Again, asking for a source is not hijacking. But I will tell you what hijacking is ... deliberately posting videos and links to anything other than the alleged protest on November 4, 2017. Yes, that is right. And another hijack is posting links to anything other than the link to paid protesters on November 4, 2017, which is exactly what this thread started out as. Someone claimed that there were ANTIFA supporters involved in this discussion. That is completely made up. A flat out LIE. Yes, one side of this discussion completely made stuff up. It is all right there in front of you. So, by all means notify the moderators that your thread has been hijacked. My money is on them telling you that you have it all backwards. One side of this discussion tried to keep this thread on point and one hijacked it and flat out made stuff up. I especially liked the "lets ignore them" comment. When a child does that it is when he is losing the game so he picks up his ball and goes home. When an adult does it is called burying your head in the sand. To me it is an act of cowardice.
Bring it sir. Show me and the moderators where I said something that was not true. Show us where I made one thing up. Please. Or just stop with the vilifying the opposition because you cannot follow the thread as it was originally presented.
I will say this one more time. There is no conservative or liberal in being self sufficient and prepared. This is not your board nor your thread.

Old 11-02-2017, 06:52 PM

I thought there were two, but the second time I looked I could only find one posting to this thread from someone who neither agreed with us, nor was here trolling or to mock us. (The other post I remember may have been on another forum, I post to four forums.)

Unfortunately, there was so much trolling an mocking,
that we missed what may have been a true statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
I've searched those Nov. 4 claims - this is a hoax, there are not such plans as people are claiming. It will be just another ordinary day.
In other words, the threat is real, the threatening groups are real,
the financial backers, paying rioters to loot and vandalize cities is real,
but we may have fallen victim to a hoax on the particular date.

As I am tired of the mocking from the peanut gallery, especially
those who caused me to miss what may have been a legit issue,
I put two more posters on ignore.
As we used to say, twenty years ago, on USENET, Plonk.

Old 11-02-2017, 07:16 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,616,013 times
They'll be some action but I think it'll fizzle. That said, we need to bone up as 2020 isn't far, & if Trump does not go on we'll surely get a push from the commies (oops a no-no here but I hope no dis here & -- you all need agree that left = commie mindset right out of Stalins playbook) but anyway, so Nor, hell w/ them.

Let 'em riot or tear a few things apart but in the end justice & patriotism will prevail! Hey all you Patriots; heed this warning as it is time to warmup for the big show -- who knows when -- but like a Cali quake its gonna be in the not so distant future in US of A.

Old 11-02-2017, 11:19 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,684,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
1. Makes subtle political statements in Preparedness Forums
1a. When a prepper responds, pretends that person took the thread into politics
2. Says Preppers are just following conspiracy theories and mocks them
2a. In addition, may post other conspiracy theories not related to thread topics
3. Thinks Trump is trying to precipitate a war with Islamic State or N.Korea
4. Thinks George Soros is a good man and Open Society Foundation is a legit charity
5. Thinks Antifa or Black Lives Matter are peaceful
6. Pretends the idea of paid rioters is a myth
7. Calls Fox News Faux News and Brietbart a racist or antisemitic
8. Says that Pres Trump is a traitor or got into the White House because Russians altered the elections and thinks Hillary really should have won, and if she were pres everything would be good.
9. Thinks ardent 2nd Amendment supporters are nuts, and says things like I support the Constitution or the 2nd Amendment but supports supposedly "common sense" restrictions.
9a. Thinks the 2nd Amendment has something to do with hunting
10. Claims to be the mostest bestest prepper, but then all they talk about is either great financial plans or space aliens or other paranormal phenomenon.
It may come as a surprise to you, but I am a solid political conservative. I just don't drink the radical right koolaid, and under no circumstances do I support their attempts to subvert our republic. The alt-right is not conservative, it is radical and extremist. That's why they call it "alt-right." They have been hammering this Nov. 4 conspiracy theory for a long time, and it's just a cynical attempt to get credulous people to pay attention to them. They are dishonest and manipulative, and all true conservatives treat them as con artists and nut cases.

Old 11-02-2017, 11:25 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,684,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
That's a pretty vague follow up. Can you clarify and expand on your original post that I quoted?

Can you expand on which group/s are the fascists?
Apparently Google does not work on your computer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._organizations

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...cist_movements

Do you need more help?

Old 11-03-2017, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
They'll be some action but I think it'll fizzle. That said, we need to bone up as 2020 isn't far, & if Trump does not go on we'll surely get a push from the commies (oops a no-no here but I hope no dis here & -- you all need agree that left = commie mindset right out of Stalins playbook) but anyway, so Nor, hell w/ them.

Let 'em riot or tear a few things apart but in the end justice & patriotism will prevail! Hey all you Patriots; heed this warning as it is time to warmup for the big show -- who knows when -- but like a Cali quake its gonna be in the not so distant future in US of A.
Not sure about the meaning of a couple of things you said, and won't comment on a couple others because it would be political if I did, but...

The Big Show is coming, and yes, we need to be ready for it.

Quote:
It may come as a surprise to you, but I am a solid political conservative. I just don't drink the radical right koolaid, and under no circumstances do I support their attempts to subvert our republic. The alt-right is not conservative, it is radical and extremist. That's why they call it "alt-right." They have been hammering this Nov. 4 conspiracy theory for a long time, and it's just a cynical attempt to get credulous people to pay attention to them. They are dishonest and manipulative, and all true conservatives treat them as con artists and nut cases.
I will reserve judgement on "solid political conservative" since most people mistake the third base line for the line between conservative and liberal, and I say that if you are just to the right of the third base line, you are still in left field.

As for the Alt-Right, the actual organization that calls itself Alt-Right got my attention last year, and I did a little study on them. You may be right - about them. But much of what the Left lumps into "alt-right" are simply those the Left wants to disparage, and the preparedness minded people are in that group. The Left wants to destroy those who are self reliant, because we undermine the collectivist mindset they require for their goals. And some of the news organizations, labeled by the Left, as Alt-Right, are simply providing information that the Leftists do not want known, and often that is information about real threats, that preppers need to know about.

As for Nov 4th, it is possible we have been duped on the date.
It has happened at least once before.
We need better intel. (and of course, those gathering that intel will be disparaged by some, as troublemakers)

Quote:

Do you need more help?
Those links only identify organizations who self identify as Fascist, or that the Political Left wants us to think are Fascist. They totally neglect those who are Fascist, but masquerade as anti-fascist or civil rights organizations.

Old 11-03-2017, 07:01 AM

2,899 posts, read 1,869,150 times
Quote:

Do you need more help?
That's intellectually dishonest of you to try and use that as an example of what ANTIFA is against.

ANTIFA claims anyone they disagree with as being some sort of fictious quasi Nazis.

If you are white and conservstive, They consider you a Nazi. If you voted for trump, you are a fascist.

ANTIFA is the organization behaving like fascists. They are trying to kill free speech and demonize their opponnents. They will use violence, intimidation or coercion to accomplish their goals.

Its completely ridiculous and that you made such a straw man argument vainly attempting to defend and rationalize these domestic terrorists shows where your convictions are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness