Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2017, 07:08 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,645,770 times

Advertisements

No, the issue you have is that you think you know it all and are just hateful that everyone doesn't bow down to your obvious diety. You think you are the god of preparedness and no one else has an opinion that counts.

For those who wonder how I came to this conclusion, check this posting:
(you can click on the little arrow at the end of his name to go to the post)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
When I first started in the industry, education was the company's only focus. We taught true Survival Techniques to our clients based on their specific needs. The goal was to train them to survive not to live their life, but to survive and facilitate their own rescue. The clients were primarily air crews, remote utility crews, OEM staffs that had field response responsibilities, and even movie crews in isolated locations where a weather change can become deadly if unprepared.
That is the first paragraph, and he goes on for about four paragraphs complaining that others don't bow down to his obvious superiority.

And here is the same guy on a thinly disguised anti-gun rant.
Quote:
But let’s be real...

Many of these people ...
And here he is saying he doesn't mind being a predator (killing and looting).
http://www.city-data.com/forum/30118887-post82.html

If he doesn't like the way I portray him, using
his own posts, he can always adjust his attitude.

Last edited by TRex2; 12-26-2017 at 07:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2017, 07:43 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times
Both my parents are gone and what blood family I do have don't keep in touch with me. It's just my wife and I but we do have friends that are considered family they are always welcome if they wanted to come. We have two acres and while that's not a lot of land it's very open, so we could build a place if need be.

Old 12-26-2017, 08:40 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,645,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Both my parents are gone and what blood family I do have don't keep in touch with me. It's just my wife and I but we do have friends that are considered family they are always welcome if they wanted to come. We have two acres and while that's not a lot of land it's very open, so we could build a place if need be.
My family is so scattered that if things suddenly went bad, I doubt they could get to me, but if there was a drawn out collapse, and some of them showed up, most of them would get a welcome. Those that wouldn't won't know where I live, to hopefully save me from having to SSS if they show up. The ones that are welcome all have skills and attitude that would be useful, and combining my resources with their skills would be mutually beneficial.

Old 12-26-2017, 09:40 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,599,129 times
Quote:
The issue I have with family and friends is the outright hypocrisy of many. They stand on their platforms yelling and screaming about the idiot stupid fools who don't prepare and how they are essentially worthless slugs, yet when their own family are those slugs, they come up with even stupider reasons to allow them into their secret hidden hiddy hole. So, it turns out they are all talk with no spine because they lack the guts to enforce their own babbling BS when it comes to their own family.
I wish that I had made that post.

Old 12-26-2017, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
My family is so scattered that if things suddenly went bad, I doubt they could get to me, but if there was a drawn out collapse, and some of them showed up, most of them would get a welcome. Those that wouldn't won't know where I live, to hopefully save me from having to SSS if they show up. The ones that are welcome all have skills and attitude that would be useful, and combining my resources with their skills would be mutually beneficial.

My wife has two children from her first marriage so they would be welcome.

Old 12-26-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
My wife has two children from her first marriage so they would be welcome.
That's a recipe for disaster. The family must be loyal to only each other. I have explained a way to accomplish this previously; it's the way of the gods themselves. The survivalist considers divorce to be intolerable.

The Best Security Is a Strong Family

Old 12-26-2017, 10:32 AM

155 posts, read 132,524 times
Quote:
You Will Be Overrun By Family And Friends When SHTF!
Not a chance ... once my perimeter is established, if you make a move on my hoards of canned spaghettio's... I gotta get it on !

Old 12-26-2017, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
That's a recipe for disaster. The family must be loyal to only each other. I have explained a way to accomplish this previously; it's the way of the gods themselves. The survivalist considers divorce to be intolerable.

The Best Security Is a Strong Family
Her children are adults and they would be of great help here if they wanted to come. Same with her ex and his wife.

Old 12-26-2017, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Her children are adults and they would be of great help here if they wanted to come. Same with her ex and his wife.
Why would these people wish to endure your continued presence, especially if you acted as the boss?

Old 12-26-2017, 12:21 PM

2,993 posts, read 4,303,849 times
Well you would have to be weary of a coup against you. Many animals, including primates, practice infanticide when a new alpha male comes into the picture. It enhances his breeding chances and ensures that there won't be a later conspired coup against him.

BBC Nature - Why infanticide can benefit animals

Hopefully we've evolved a bit past this animalistic behavior, but under the right extreme conditions, who knows?

I think the less people in the group the better. Preferably only immediate nuclear family. Potential for problems goes up exponentially with each outsider that comes into the picture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness