Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 06:35 AM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,081,396 times

Advertisements

Just like the title says...

Lady went through metal detector, was searched and arrested for carrying pepper.

I faced a 14-year jail sentence for carrying pepper spray

I guess I would have got the death penalty...I carry 4 oz pepper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2018, 06:42 AM

776 posts, read 952,059 times
What a load of puffery. Read the last paragraph, first. The case was dismissed.

XXX.

Old 02-28-2018, 06:22 AM

12,076 posts, read 23,185,839 times
Written like a true "journalist" drama queen.

Old 02-28-2018, 03:42 PM

8,728 posts, read 4,515,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
Just like the title says...

Lady went through metal detector, was searched and arrested for carrying pepper.

I faced a 14-year jail sentence for carrying pepper spray

I guess I would have got the death penalty...I carry 4 oz pepper.
ANY prohibition of weapons for the citizens begins a slippery slope into tyranny.
This is just another example of where it can go.

And it does nothing but encourage violent crime, and encourage
the "government" to ignore such crime, or demonize those who
speak the truth about such crime.

Old 02-28-2018, 04:12 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,801,219 times
That's why they call it down under.

Old 03-01-2018, 02:15 PM

672 posts, read 440,682 times
It was prepper spray.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:41 PM

2,512 posts, read 3,046,116 times
Pepper spray laws vary from Country to Country, and I suppose vary by State here in the U.S....

Here in New York, I believe it is legal to purchase Bear Spray, Dog Spray, etc., but to purchase Pepper Spray for self defense in a Human encounter, I understand one would need to go to a licensed Pharmacy or Firearms Dealer, show I.D. and never have been convicted of a felony.

Furthermore, I believe the laws state you can only use it for self defense when you feel your life is in danger, etc., so no spraying that annoying drunk idiot who is on the edge of getting too "in your face"...

Some sites that sell pepper spray state N.Y. residents can use an out of State mailing address, but I have no idea on the legalities of doing this. I believe it is also illegal to use Bear Spray on Humans, but not sure the legalities if a Bear used it on a Human.

But pretty sure here in N.Y. the Bear would be in deep doodoo...

Old 03-02-2018, 02:12 AM

In Texas you used to be able to purchase Pepper Spray at any convenience store, and there was no specific stipulation on when you could use it, although the person affected could sue you (Eighth Amendment) if they felt it was malicious.

Bear Spray is a form of Pepper Spray that is usually optimized for animals with fur around their eyes and nose, and it may not be as effective on clean shaven humans as some of the better spays meant for humans, but I don't know of anyone who has volunteered for a "blind taste test" LoL.

If where you live treats Pepper Spray as a weapon, you might want to consider moving back to America, as you are now living in what I call a "Constitution Free Zone." Sooner or later you will see a rise in violent crime, as Britain has, and then there will come a day when they tell you "Save a life, surrender your knife" and tell you that you have no need of having a knife with a sharp point on it.

Old 03-02-2018, 03:33 AM

2,232 posts, read 1,468,035 times
Total non issue here in NSW. The case was dismissed, the journo obviously thought it was a good story.

Old 03-02-2018, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaAnna View Post
Total non issue here in NSW. The case was dismissed, the journo obviously thought it was a good story.
It has become an issue in some of the more loony parts of the U.S.

Just like pointy knives in some parts of England.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness