Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 10:37 AM

25,720 posts, read 18,797,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
I am not a fan of the AR-15 platform. I am more comfortable with the M-1a.

It's not scary looking......

Except when it is........
Everything is scary to the snowflake except that which they should fear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2018, 11:21 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,452,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
The 2nd amendment isn’t a law. It’s a right
I'll kindly let you revise your response after you look up the legal definition of the word 'amendment'.

Here's hoping less deaths overall as civilization learns to be 'civil' .

Old 03-18-2018, 11:35 AM

2,898 posts, read 1,868,294 times
Come and TAKE it. Because 0% chance I will comply with any more infringements.

In fact if there was a new ban I would get set up with 80% lowers and make untraceable AR15s in my basement.

I heard some wisdom the other day in a conversation about gun control/confiscation/legislation.... If you think its time to bury them or hide them, its probably time to use them.

Old 03-18-2018, 11:38 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
I'll kindly let you revise your response after you look up the legal definition of the word 'amendment'.

Here's hoping less deaths overall as civilization learns to be 'civil' .
Neither the Constitution, nor our government grants rights. The Constitution only upholds, and acknowledges SOME rights. That doesn't mean we are limited to those rights.

Old 03-18-2018, 11:51 AM

7,646 posts, read 4,597,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
Folks, here's an example of an anti who does not understand firearms. S/he thinks that there is a definition of an "assault weapon" existing somewhere. There isn't.

Please don't confuse semi-automatic and fully automatic firearms! Semi-auto's (even "black" ones) do NOT "spray a bazillion rounds". They operate like every other semi-auto rifle, very much including hunting rifles that quite a lot of hunters prefer to use. One round per one trigger pull, got that?? Only a fully automatic firearm can "spray a bazillion rounds", and there are very few persons in the US who are licensed to own one.
But but...I totally saw them on the Expendables and Rambo...

Maybe that could be a good political trade off....We ban all weapons that shoot a bazillion rounds on full auto. You know those ones we see in Hollywood that keep shooting and shooting and shooting and shooting....never get too hot, never run out of ammo.

Old 03-18-2018, 12:21 PM

2,251 posts, read 3,270,871 times
I will need to look harder, because I can't find it right now - but the Seattle P-I (or some media outlet in Seattle) posted an article with in days of the passing of I-594 in 2014. Basically, the article was an interview with the group who got the initiative on the ballot, and they admitted that I-594 was just the first step, and it's passing was the fuel they needed to get stricter gun control initiatives started. I will try to find the article.

And they say that they don't want our guns...

Old 03-18-2018, 12:24 PM

2,251 posts, read 3,270,871 times
As others have already said - what good do they think a ban on AR-15's will do? There are already millions of them in citizen's hands (and probably criminal's hands) right now.

I fully believe that attempts at confiscation will lead to more dead people, on both sides, than any school shooting has caused.

Old 03-18-2018, 12:33 PM

136 posts, read 135,837 times
All you have to do is look at the gun ban efforts of other nations. Australia went after semi rifles, then pump action, and then lever action. Clinton expressed support for banning any scope over 4 X as a "sniper scope". Its all about incrementalism,. and the gun banners are a patient crowd and willing to wait to get to their final desired outcome

Old 03-18-2018, 01:29 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,649,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS90 View Post
I will need to look harder, because I can't find it right now - but the Seattle P-I (or some media outlet in Seattle) posted an article with in days of the passing of I-594 in 2014. Basically, the article was an interview with the group who got the initiative on the ballot, and they admitted that I-594 was just the first step, and it's passing was the fuel they needed to get stricter gun control initiatives started. I will try to find the article.

And they say that they don't want our guns...
I-594 was their way of duping people to vote for gun registration in disguise.
The law is completely unconstitutional, and unlawful under current federal law, as well.

Old 03-18-2018, 01:59 PM

423 posts, read 289,004 times
I joined the NRA a few days ago and I don't even have a gun. Its about the 2nd Amendment. We don't need gun control. We need Nutcase Control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness