U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 10:52 PM

8,642 posts, read 9,403,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
i don't thni it will be anyhtig different than the 30's crash really. people in isolated areas moving to where they can get the few services left.
As usual, we're in agreement. I believe people from poor rural areas will migrate to cities seeking government programs for food, health care, etc. Not all rural peoplee are thrifty and industrious. These people are not Jefferson's enlightened yeomen. These are the scum of the earth who just happen to live in the country but will quickly be assimilated into the urban hordes. Your area may have few or none of these people. The great majority of them live east of the Mississippi.

Lest anyone suspect that I am betraying the rural folk I assure you that I am only talking about a small group. We'll be far better off without them. They'll be happier in a life that allows them a riotous and vicious lifestyle, not to mention the occasional opportunity for some very profitable looting. They have always been the breeders and nurturers of the criminal element and responsible for almost all rural crime. I don't believe we have much to fear from them as they have no money so no serious firepower.
Should any of the underclass remain in the country when the American government becomes less able to enforce its dictates the citizens should be anticipating some practical means of removal. If there aren't too many simply shipping them far away to the big city seems the easiest. During the Thirties local cops and special deputies chased them into the freight yards where they could ride the rods.

We can make a collapse the best thing that's happened since we drove out the British and their traitorous Tory allies. I am hopeful that the cities will resolve their problems without too much waste of resources. Since the undesirables I have described contribute nothing to the economy but rather take their sustenance from it giving nothing in return we shall not likely damage the economy in any but the smallest way when we eliminate them. You'll still be able to get lemons, gasoline, and blood pressure medication without interruption.

But just in case stock up on extra.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 05:32 AM

11,479 posts, read 13,648,828 times
What the government really needs to do is come up with a real stimulus plan, not Obama's effort that was mostly food stamps and welfare expansion rather than hiring people. Reagan had the right idea with a massive military build-up. Sure it was ridiculed for the $400 hammers and $600 toilet seats but it PUT PEOPLE BACK TO WORK! And the jobs created were high technology well-paying for the most part. Health care, mostly for the elderly, is one of the few growing parts of the economy. But can the economy rest solely on taking care of old folks?

Old 06-14-2012, 07:17 AM

27 posts, read 59,231 times
Watch Greece. They are making a run on their banks and stocking up at the last minute. Greece exit: Greeks are pulling cash out of banks, stocking up on food in panic ahead of make-or-break election Sunday | Economy | News | Financial Post

What happened there can happen anywhere, even here.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:51 AM

8,642 posts, read 9,403,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
What the government really needs to do is come up with a real stimulus plan, not Obama's effort that was mostly food stamps and welfare expansion rather than hiring people. Reagan had the right idea with a massive military build-up. Sure it was ridiculed for the $400 hammers and $600 toilet seats but it PUT PEOPLE BACK TO WORK! And the jobs created were high technology well-paying for the most part. Health care, mostly for the elderly, is one of the few growing parts of the economy. But can the economy rest solely on taking care of old folks?
Reagan ended the Carter recession with massive tax cuts. People responded in a natural way when they realized they were going to keep more of their money. When his first term was ending the recession was no more. Obama has a model and could do the same thing. But he has done nothing. His first term is almost over and we're in the same place.

It has been easy to make money under Obama just as it was under Carter. Just bet against America. But look at the price we're paying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or