U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 02:15 PM

2,637 posts, read 3,879,052 times

Advertisements

Just for fun of course

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VXj9boRa1c
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 05:40 PM

8,957 posts, read 16,997,019 times
Ya, just what the world needs........ a better way to kill people from a distance.

Old 11-21-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
Ya, just what the world needs........ a better way to kill people from a distance.
those were watermelons I believe.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaskateguy View Post
those were watermelons I believe.
Watermelons today.......people tomorrow.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:30 AM

29,719 posts, read 47,472,880 times
I am not sure of the usefulness of a sniper rifle; unless you plan on killing folks at a mile and a half distance away.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:42 AM

Some of us like to shoot. I think it would be a blast to fire one of those things. shooting people was not in my plans. Shot guns, with #2 bird shot are for that.

Old 11-22-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Some of us like to shoot. I think it would be a blast to fire one of those things. shooting people was not in my plans. Shot guns, with #2 bird shot are for that.
Allow me to point out that you were never considered when that gun was designed. The sure death of other people was very much considered.

That said, gun nuts really like to brag about the latest toy of sure death of another human being. Sick folk that they are indeed.

Old 11-22-2009, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Allow me to point out that you were never considered when that gun was designed. The sure death of other people was very much considered.

That said, gun nuts really like to brag about the latest toy of sure death of another human being. Sick folk that they are indeed.
I control firearms, they don't control me, and never have. I trust my judgment of 63 years to do the right thing. I have no fear of me going off the deep end, and harming anyone. But I agree that if a person doubts their self control, they should not trust themselves with a sharp stick.

Old 11-22-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
I control firearms, they don't control me, and never have. I trust my judgment of 63 years to do the right thing. I have no fear of me going off the deep end, and harming anyone. But I agree that if a person doubts their self control, they should not trust themselves with a sharp stick.
It's grand that you are mature enough to know right from wrong but the gun never does as we both know. We also know that once a gun hits the market and are marketed the gun nuts buy'em & will use them in the wrong way......to kill other people. That gun ain't no hunting gun now is it?

Besides, there are gun nuts (sick people) and gun fans (hobbyist) who just like to follow guns. I would guess that you are the latter. But that damn gun is still out there waiting for a gun
nut..............

You may wonder why I'm so down on guns like this. I've seen what sniper work can do to the sniper after a year or two steady "work" in the field. It messes them up bad in the head it does.......... Made one of my buddies a basket case.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:00 PM

Quote:
It's grand that you are mature enough to know right from wrong but the gun never does as we both know. We also know that once a gun hits the market and are marketed the gun nuts buy'em & will use them in the wrong way......to kill other people. That gun ain't no hunting gun now is it?

Besides, there are gun nuts (sick people) and gun fans (hobbyist) who just like to follow guns. I would guess that you are the latter. But that damn gun is still out there waiting for a gun
nut..............

You may wonder why I'm so down on guns like this. I've seen what sniper work can do to the sniper after a year or two steady "work" in the field. It messes them up bad in the head it does.......... Made one of my buddies a basket case.
Sorry you feel that way. but I respect your views. As for myself, I think it would just be a hoot to shoot one of those things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness