Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 05:09 AM

190 posts, read 465,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Things going on just seems like maybe the earth crust is heating.

Not since 1812 MIP at closing and financed

Earthquake in Haiti hasnt happen in a couple of decades

Earthquake in Chili

all this has happen with last couple of months

I am in the Carolinas according to this history channel video
the Carolinas are at risk.

I have a Grandmother that lives on the western side of the
Appalachians and I thought I could return to the way her and
my late grandfather lived . THe mountains would shield me from any
Tsunami. There house is by a creek (water source) & well water
They have barn I could raise chickens and lots of land to garden on.
If more earthquakes are more frequent do you think in
March of 2012 is a good time to start moving there and start the garden

YouTube - History Channel - 2012 and Earth Changes (Part 1 of 3)

YouTube - History Channel - 2012 and Earth Changes (Part 2 of 3)

YouTube - History Channel - 2012 and Earth Changes (Part 3 of 3)
not too worried
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 04:10 PM

377 posts, read 877,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucywench View Post
IndigoLight-That is exactly what I think!!!
Saucywench,

Dear preppers, I just finished watching "2012: science or superstition" (available on Netflix to watch instantly). Very educational. A lot of good info from mostly scientists and a couple of spiritual teachers (i.e. solar flares, possible magnetic pole shift, Hopi prophecies, the warming of our solar system (yep, the Mars ice caps are melting too and earthlings had nothing to do with that ), etc). Most agreed that 2012 is going to be a Rebirth for humanity, not an Armageddon. However, it does sound as we may have a bumpy ride ahead of us, so let's keep buckling up
I highly recommend this documentary. I am sure it will start many interesting discussions (and may even influence someone to start prepping).

Love, Light and Harmony to all.

Old 04-18-2010, 03:23 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
Yes, I myself am a strong believer in the Lord Jesus Christ, without a doubt! I also understands that He said no one knows the DAY, nor the HOUR, not even the angels....but wait!! He also states that one can know the season, the SEASON in which these things will begin to take place!

Now, as for me and MY HOUSE, we are being prompt to leave this part of South Florida where we now reside. ( 7 feet below sea level that is) Now that's for me and MY HOUSE, you do what is necessary for you and yours, amen? Things are truly heating up.

Take a look at all the earthquakes and volcanoes that are on the rise: Latest Earthquakes in the World - Past 7 days

Icelandic Volcanic Ash Creates Europe Air-Travel Chaos: Worst Delays for Travelers Since 9/11 - ABC News

Now I know that you cannot run from any disaster. You may think you're leaving behind hurricanes (that would be me) but what's awaiting may be something quite different, in example, earthquakes, tornadoes, floods, etc. who knows....however, I have children that deserve a fighting chance, children that are 100% dependent on mommy & daddy to keep them safe, and believe me, I will do all that's within my power to keep them safe! When the good Lord's ready for us, He'll take us, with, or without notice!.

The choice is yours........again, for me and MY HOUSE.......I'd rather we have it and don't need it, than need it and don't have it! Does that mean that I have no faith in the Most High? Quite the opposite, it means that I'm paying attention and taking action. Remember Noah? Only 8 was saved! EIGHT!! The rest laughed and mocked and scoffed....just like so many are doing today. They say history repeats itself........ I say, let your conscience be your guide.

Betsey

Old 04-18-2010, 04:01 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
alot of people who prepare have been doing so for quite awhile, while i will say it is never too late to start unless you are starting the day after a disaster happens.

if you are preparing for 12/21/12, then now would be a good time to start than waiting until 12/20/12.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:29 PM

377 posts, read 877,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Now that's for me and MY HOUSE, you do what is necessary for you and yours, amen?
Amen.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:42 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,684,438 times
If the maker wants you, the only preparation you will need is to tell all your loved ones they are loved, hold them tight and to make happy memories before you part... that is what all people can hope to do before they part from life.

The lucky ones get to say goodbyes and make that last happy cherished memories... the unlucky ones won't get that chance (eg. a car accident alone etc.).

If your time is up, nothing one can do to stop or delay it... such is life everyday that is already happened on this earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness