U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-14-2010, 06:00 PM
 
48,516 posts, read 85,116,437 times
Reputation: 18083

Advertisements

I amsure they wouold prefer the Op not return to wal-mart. I am sure other anti-wal-mart people there sadi'see that is a typical wal-mart shopper.LOL

 
Old 06-14-2010, 08:39 PM
 
Location: home...finally, home .
8,265 posts, read 18,721,748 times
Reputation: 17856
I piped up, "because he works at Walmart, therefore he can't be too intelligent." With that, we walked out.


Why would you say something like that to a Walmart employee, I wonder.
__________________
******************


People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
 
Old 06-14-2010, 09:09 PM
 
Location: Somewhere in Kentucky
3,790 posts, read 7,880,604 times
Reputation: 2419
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
I piped up, "because he works at Walmart, therefore he can't be too intelligent." With that, we walked out.


Why would you say something like that to a Walmart employee, I wonder.
Because the common Walmart "associate" falls into three categories:

The people working their way through school
The people who can't find any other work
The people who lack the smarts to work elsewhere

Trust me when I say that the two people we dealt with yesterday fell into the latter two.
 
Old 06-14-2010, 09:10 PM
 
Location: A Yankee in northeast TN
11,176 posts, read 14,817,122 times
Reputation: 25543
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
I piped up, "because he works at Walmart, therefore he can't be too intelligent." With that, we walked out.


Why would you say something like that to a Walmart employee, I wonder.
Yes, that's petty and low. People work in retail for all kinds of reasons, one of them being that they may be working their way through college, and retail offers flexible hours. You have no clue.

You get what you pay for.
Great personal service at Best Buy gets you the highest price.
Crappy or indifferent service at Wal-mart gets you a better price.
Self service online at Amazon gets you the best price.
Amazing how that works...
 
Old 06-14-2010, 09:49 PM
 
12,683 posts, read 17,015,833 times
Reputation: 24548
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Because the common Walmart "associate" falls into three categories:

The people working their way through school
The people who can't find any other work
The people who lack the smarts to work elsewhere

Trust me when I say that the two people we dealt with yesterday fell into the latter two.

You know of course what some folks say about people who live in Kentucky? However, since I have had good experiences in both Walmart and in Kentucky, I tend to not believe them or you.
 
Old 06-15-2010, 12:05 AM
 
10,720 posts, read 17,697,320 times
Reputation: 9933
You get what you pay for. Walmart pays poor wages. They don't attract the best talent. The people who work there hate working there thus they have no pride in their job nor do they care about providing good customer service. I shop at Target. I pay a little more money but I receive better service. This is what people fail to understand in life. Nothing is free. Lowest price does not = best! There are costs when dealing with low cost anything. Remember that. If you want good service you will have to pay for it. If you get anything for really cheap then you will likely have to deal with some discomfort. It depends on what you value. For me, I'm always willing to pay more because it brings me peace of mind. I know others who always want to pay the lowest price and don't mind dealing with delays, bad service and additional labor on their part just to get that low price.
 
Old 06-15-2010, 12:20 AM
 
Location: In The Outland
6,023 posts, read 12,076,045 times
Reputation: 3535
I used to not really mind shopping at Walmart but the chain has been changing for the worse little by little through the years and I no longer have any reason to shop there anymore. I'm done with them.
 
Old 06-15-2010, 12:24 AM
 
Location: Orlando
8,241 posts, read 11,407,776 times
Reputation: 4071
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Too late. I went to Amazon. I actually paid less at Amazon, including with the shipping costs.

Better not say that too loud,Walmart will buy them
 
Old 06-15-2010, 01:37 AM
 
1,492 posts, read 7,030,684 times
Reputation: 1428
I avoid Walmart like the plague. Months ago I finally got smart enough to realize, like most as has been proven, I spend more money when I shop at Walmart.

Since I've stopped, I've been happier and healthier, and wealthier!

Happier- no stress from parking to service to junk stuff on their shelves
Healthier- no more processed, chemically altered foods, or milk from fake cows- cloned ones!
Wealthier- I no longer live paycheck to paycheck...I actually have money left over at the end of the month. Taking a Thanksgiving cruise to the Caymans with all the money I've saved!

Let's face it, Walmart is a business and they are there to make money aka take money from everyone that walks in the door. While they seem to provide a great service by offering less expenisve items- it's not real. They will get you in the end.
 
Old 06-15-2010, 01:53 AM
 
Location: Chicago
38,690 posts, read 90,192,854 times
Reputation: 29486
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGrace View Post
I avoid Walmart like the plague. Months ago I finally got smart enough to realize, like most as has been proven, I spend more money when I shop at Walmart.

Since I've stopped, I've been happier and healthier, and wealthier!

Happier- no stress from parking to service to junk stuff on their shelves
Healthier- no more processed, chemically altered foods, or milk from fake cows- cloned ones!
Wealthier- I no longer live paycheck to paycheck...I actually have money left over at the end of the month. Taking a Thanksgiving cruise to the Caymans with all the money I've saved!

Let's face it, Walmart is a business and they are there to make money aka take money from everyone that walks in the door. While they seem to provide a great service by offering less expenisve items- it's not real. They will get you in the end.
Oh, I can't wait to see the responses to this one...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:47 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top